ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 40
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I can't believe this team passed on Derek Carr
RunKC 10:13 AM 12-08-2014
It's Raiders week and I really don't care about them that much. I hate their fans. I hate their stadium. I hate everything about them. But I'm jealous. I'm jealous of the Raiders for the second time in my entire life. The first was with Rich Gannon, who we threw away. We know the story and what they went on to do.

But this week I'm jealous of them for the second time in my life.
I can't believe that John Dorsey passed on a QB that reminds me a lot of what makes Aaron Rodgers good. Great arm. Great leadership. Great feet. Just needs coaching.

I'm looking back at the Senior Bowl last year and am seeing the following statements about this young man:

"Derek carr's velocity, especially in the gusty wind, was once again impressive. When it comes to arm strength, he really has no competition."

"Carr looked very athletic in an escape drill showcasing his impression footwork."

I saw tweets like this that made me appreciate him

@nfldraftscout: Derek Carr won me over at the Senior Bowl...where he stayed after practice every day to get extra reps with new WRs.

@ryanlownes: @JimmyKempski Ran routes for Derek Carr after practice every day at the Senior Bowl. No shortage of work ethic or competitiveness.

And then I remember us this tweet on the day of the draft:

@KanCityChiefFan: Mort: Kansas City Chiefs are a sleeper QB team in 2014 NFL Draft - Arrowhead Pride (blog) http://t.co/Pn0XVl203s

I thought this regime would be different. I really did. I didn't mind Alex as a stop gap while we developed a guy like GB did with Rodgers, but it's always the same with this franchise.

Now we have to watch the team we all hate with a good looking QB of the future that we should have drafted.
Such is life as a Chiefs fan..
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:01 PM 12-10-2014
Every year this happens, we complain about not having a good QB situation and say "Why didn't we pick up *insert popular QB at the time* when we had the chance?!" Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, etc etc. Then the guy we chose last year doesnt' do as well the following season so we just pick another guy from last draft and say the same shit over and over again.
[Reply]
notorious 12:03 PM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Every year this happens, we complain about not having a good QB situation and say "Why didn't we pick up *insert popular QB at the time* when we had the chance?!" Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, etc etc. Then the guy we chose last year doesnt' do as well the following season so we just pick another guy from last draft and say the same shit over and over again.
This.

Maybe the rest of the NFL will be saying,"Why didn't we draft Murray!?"

:-)
[Reply]
Saccopoo 12:06 PM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant:
But no one would win with this offensive line and WR corp. Am I right?
Most likely, yes, you are correct.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:28 PM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by BossChief:
If we have a "QB guru" as a head coach, we better utilize that by drafting someone for him to develop.

If bet good money we draft a QB in the first 3 rounds in the 2015 draft.

Foles style.
This idea that Andy is a QB guru is nonsense.

Combined numbers for QB starts in Philly under Andy Reid NOT named Donovan McNabb:

38-44 record (.463)
55% completion percentage
112 TD's
94 INT's
70 QBR.

And those numbers are inflated due to Vick, who was a #1 overall pick.

Take Vick out of the equation, and you're looking at a 20-28 record (.416) and a 61:64 TD:INT ratio.

Hopefully Donovan McNabb is getting royalties from Andy, because he's solely responsible for people thinking Reid is some sort of QB Whisperer.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:33 PM 12-10-2014
Andy is good at putting QB's in a position to succeed. He did it with Vick and he did it with Alex last year.

The problem is that Alex isn't taking advantage of the opportunities presented. We saw Sorter's picture. There are players open downfield. Andy can't teach confidence.

Put Carr in this offense and we see throws downfield and a WR TD. Alex has no balls.
[Reply]
Sorter 12:36 PM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Andy is good at putting QB's in a position to succeed. He did it with Vick and he did it with Alex last year.

The problem is that Alex isn't taking advantage of the opportunities presented. We saw Sorter's picture. There are players open downfield. Andy can't teach confidence.

Put Carr in this offense and we see throws downfield and a WR TD. Alex has no balls.
To be fair to Alex, he's gotten the hell beaten out of him and has had to run for his life quite a bit.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:37 PM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
This idea that Andy is a QB guru is nonsense.

Combined numbers for QB starts in Philly under Andy Reid NOT named Donovan McNabb:

38-44 record (.463)
55% completion percentage
112 TD's
94 INT's
70 QBR.

And those numbers are inflated due to Vick, who was a #1 overall pick.

Take Vick out of the equation, and you're looking at a 20-28 record (.416) and a 61:64 TD:INT ratio.

Hopefully Donovan McNabb is getting royalties from Andy, because he's solely responsible for people thinking Reid is some sort of QB Whisperer.
I seem to remember Jeff Garcia being a baller for the Eagles that one season, but maybe I'm confusing him JT O'Sullivan
[Reply]
dls6501 03:02 PM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by ping2000:
Even if we drafted him, he wouldn't be playing.
You dont know that.

Carr wasnt supposed to play in Oakland this year either. But he impressed enough in training camp that he won the job. And just going strictly on history, Carr would have probably been the starter from day 1 here too. (History being that Alex has lost every single QB competition he has ever been in, and lost to QBs that are widely considered to be terrible QBs.)
[Reply]
dls6501 03:05 PM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We saw Sorter's picture. There are players open downfield.
link?
[Reply]
Sorter 03:06 PM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by dls6501:
link?
No.
[Reply]
dls6501 03:09 PM 12-10-2014
OK. :-)
[Reply]
Sorter 03:11 PM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by dls6501:
OK. :-)
You'll just want to gas a large group of baby llamas after you see them anyways.
[Reply]
Chronic 06:41 PM 12-10-2014
When Manning and Brady retire in 2-3 years Derek Carr will be a top 5 QB in the NFL- Kid has everything you want in a gunslinger. He's gonna be the next Drew Brees type QB. He's not gonna put up massive passing yards but he's gonna a top QB

I read the dude is like 11 of 14 in the redzone with tD's with a 104. rating.. no sacks or int's...
[Reply]
dls6501 07:07 PM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by Sorter:
You'll just want to gas a large group of baby llamas after you see them anyways.
True.....but I really would love to show them to a friend who is like the Sandy Cheeks of my offline life. He swears Alex is a product of his surroundings and would be a top 5-10 QB if he had better players around him.
[Reply]
dls6501 07:08 PM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by Chronic:
When Manning and Brady retire in 2-3 years Derek Carr will be a top 5 QB in the NFL- Kid has everything you want in a gunslinger. He's gonna be the next Drew Brees type QB. He's not gonna put up massive passing yards but he's gonna a top QB

I read the dude is like 11 of 14 in the redzone with tD's with a 104. rating.. no sacks or int's...
This doesnt mean anything to me. Friends who are 49er fans swear that Alex was amazing in the redzone as a 49er.....and he hasnt shown to be worth a damn since we got him.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 40
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up