ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 40
« First < 293536373839 40 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I can't believe this team passed on Derek Carr
RunKC 10:13 AM 12-08-2014
It's Raiders week and I really don't care about them that much. I hate their fans. I hate their stadium. I hate everything about them. But I'm jealous. I'm jealous of the Raiders for the second time in my entire life. The first was with Rich Gannon, who we threw away. We know the story and what they went on to do.

But this week I'm jealous of them for the second time in my life.
I can't believe that John Dorsey passed on a QB that reminds me a lot of what makes Aaron Rodgers good. Great arm. Great leadership. Great feet. Just needs coaching.

I'm looking back at the Senior Bowl last year and am seeing the following statements about this young man:

"Derek carr's velocity, especially in the gusty wind, was once again impressive. When it comes to arm strength, he really has no competition."

"Carr looked very athletic in an escape drill showcasing his impression footwork."

I saw tweets like this that made me appreciate him

@nfldraftscout: Derek Carr won me over at the Senior Bowl...where he stayed after practice every day to get extra reps with new WRs.

@ryanlownes: @JimmyKempski Ran routes for Derek Carr after practice every day at the Senior Bowl. No shortage of work ethic or competitiveness.

And then I remember us this tweet on the day of the draft:

@KanCityChiefFan: Mort: Kansas City Chiefs are a sleeper QB team in 2014 NFL Draft - Arrowhead Pride (blog) http://t.co/Pn0XVl203s

I thought this regime would be different. I really did. I didn't mind Alex as a stop gap while we developed a guy like GB did with Rodgers, but it's always the same with this franchise.

Now we have to watch the team we all hate with a good looking QB of the future that we should have drafted.
Such is life as a Chiefs fan..
[Reply]
Eleazar 04:35 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
What an odd thread to bump.

The truth is Derek Carr has vastly outperformed his draft stock relative to his situation and is a roughly average QB at the moment. What’s interesting is he has never ever had a coach that is good at offense.

Dennis Allen, Jack Del Rio, Tony Sparano, Jon Gruden, Rich Bassaccia and Josh McDaniels.

Has there been a good QB we try a worse organization guiding him?

Coaching is critical. Mahomes is nowhere near who he is today without Andy Reid. If he goes to a team like the Jets then he might be on his 2nd team at this point bc of how terrible that franchise was.

Andy would have made Carr look way better. I’d argue he’d have him developed into a top 10 QB.

Anyone who thinks differently should look at Alex Smith’s career before Jom Harbaugh/Andy Reid and Geno Smith this year compared to his entire time in NY.
I didn’t know there were any Carr apologists left.
[Reply]
TLO 04:40 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
It's amazing to me that there were ever Alex Smith fans anywhere, outside of his own family.

That's like a person's favorite food being Saltine crackers.
The board was filled with them. It was truly an odd phenomenon.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:10 PM 12-09-2022
Ewww, this one was lost to me in the mists of time

Bet you'd like to have this one back, eh?

:-)
[Reply]
mlyonsd 05:13 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
(checking my posting history in this thread......didn't say anything stupid)

Same. Whew.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:29 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:
The board was filled with them. It was truly an odd phenomenon.
Carr is perfect for a division rival. Not good enough to get them over the hump, but too good for coaches worried about their jobs to say “we should move on from him and draft a rookie”. So he remains, winning 6 to 9 games a year, and posing little threat to us.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:44 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
(checking my posting history in this thread......didn't say anything stupid)

:-) Fortunately I didn't even post in this one.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:53 PM 12-09-2022
Now we have to watch the team we all hate with a good looking QB of the future that we should have drafted.
Such is life as a Chiefs fan..
Yeah, we should have taken a guy that Andy didn't want. Think about how much better off we would be!
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:02 PM 12-09-2022
carr can be Mahomes backup next year
[Reply]
RunKC 10:19 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Yeah, we should have taken a guy that Andy didn't want. Think about how much better off we would be!
Bumping old posts are fun. Let’s dig up yours while we’re at it:

We’ll be fine on offense with Alex. Newsflash: we weren’t..

Originally Posted by :
Smith will continue to improve as the offense continues to jell. If the TEs can get healthy and the O-Line gets their crap together, we'll be fine on O.
Welp..
Originally Posted by :
Who is this franchise QB that you want so badly?
And I’m spent. I rest my case.

Originally Posted by :
Alex Smith did, does, and always will win.
All from this closed thread:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:19 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Lest we forget KC took Donald Stephenson one pick before Russel Wilson. Because we're the Chiefs...
Thank fucking CHRIST.

Could you imagine if we passed up on Showtime because we burned a 3 on some deranged douchebag who can't cook but showed enough flashes that a generational collection of defensive talent dragged him to 2 Super Bowls and was good enough to destroy a Puppet Manning Broncos team to shreds and woulda beat a Brady/Belichick team the next year with a lesser QB (because then Carroll and Bevell woulda just handed the ball to Lynch)??

Makes your balls retract up in your belly, don't it?
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 10:21 PM 12-09-2022
dear god glad we didn't get that train wreck. I'm very happy with my QB1 aka the grim reaper.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:25 AM 12-10-2022
What an odd thread to bump.

The truth is Derek Carr has vastly outperformed his draft stock relative to his situation and is a roughly average QB at the moment. What’s interesting is he has never ever had a coach that is good at offense.

Dennis Allen, Jack Del Rio, Tony Sparano, Jon Gruden, Rich Bassaccia and Josh McDaniels.

Has there been a good QB we try a worse organization guiding him?

Coaching is critical. Mahomes is nowhere near who he is today without Andy Reid. If he goes to a team like the Jets then he might be on his 2nd team at this point bc of how terrible that franchise was.

Andy would have made Carr look way better. I’d argue he’d have him developed into a top 10 QB.

Anyone who thinks differently should look at Alex Smith’s career before Jom Harbaugh/Andy Reid and Geno Smith this year compared to his entire time in NY.
So you double down? Pathetic. Own your terrible take dude. Carr is who he is....a guy we missed nothing on passing on.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:27 AM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
I didn’t know there were any Carr apologists left.
He's doubling down on his take, so hes lying to cover for it. No way he can possibly believe that tripe.
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:40 AM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Boat_Racer:
Carr, Tannehill, Foles, Cousins, the list goes on and on.....

CoMo said it best
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Lest we forget KC took Donald Stephenson one pick before Russel Wilson. Because we're the Chiefs...
Lulz.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:13 AM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Lulz.
I know, can you Belize it!?
[Reply]
Page 39 of 40
« First < 293536373839 40 >
Up