ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 40
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I can't believe this team passed on Derek Carr
RunKC 10:13 AM 12-08-2014
It's Raiders week and I really don't care about them that much. I hate their fans. I hate their stadium. I hate everything about them. But I'm jealous. I'm jealous of the Raiders for the second time in my entire life. The first was with Rich Gannon, who we threw away. We know the story and what they went on to do.

But this week I'm jealous of them for the second time in my life.
I can't believe that John Dorsey passed on a QB that reminds me a lot of what makes Aaron Rodgers good. Great arm. Great leadership. Great feet. Just needs coaching.

I'm looking back at the Senior Bowl last year and am seeing the following statements about this young man:

"Derek carr's velocity, especially in the gusty wind, was once again impressive. When it comes to arm strength, he really has no competition."

"Carr looked very athletic in an escape drill showcasing his impression footwork."

I saw tweets like this that made me appreciate him

@nfldraftscout: Derek Carr won me over at the Senior Bowl...where he stayed after practice every day to get extra reps with new WRs.

@ryanlownes: @JimmyKempski Ran routes for Derek Carr after practice every day at the Senior Bowl. No shortage of work ethic or competitiveness.

And then I remember us this tweet on the day of the draft:

@KanCityChiefFan: Mort: Kansas City Chiefs are a sleeper QB team in 2014 NFL Draft - Arrowhead Pride (blog) http://t.co/Pn0XVl203s

I thought this regime would be different. I really did. I didn't mind Alex as a stop gap while we developed a guy like GB did with Rodgers, but it's always the same with this franchise.

Now we have to watch the team we all hate with a good looking QB of the future that we should have drafted.
Such is life as a Chiefs fan..
[Reply]
TimBone 12:18 PM 12-08-2014
Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0:
Wow. We're so desperate we're pining for Derek Carr. Give me a break.
Yeah...I understand the frustration with Alex, but this thread is a stretch.
[Reply]
Mr. Arrowhead 12:19 PM 12-08-2014
THIS
[Reply]
In58men 12:20 PM 12-08-2014
We're desperate for a QB who can throw a pass further than 7 yards
[Reply]
Frosty 12:37 PM 12-08-2014
I'm not 100% sold on Carr yet but the Ford over Bridgewater thing pisses me off.

Speaking of being jealous of the Raiders, they get a high pick and get Mack (and Carr in the same draft). The Chiefs get a high pick and get Eric Fisher (and Smith). :-)
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12:42 PM 12-08-2014
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
That wouldn't be Carr.

He might be the 1st QB since Clausen to throw less than 10 yards per completion and 6 yards per attempt in the same season
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12:43 PM 12-08-2014
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
Dump off? He averaged 9ypa.
For one game, dumbass. Look at his season stats. Watch their games.
[Reply]
Hootie 12:44 PM 12-08-2014
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
Ok?

And Derek Carr would have solved that.

Lmao
[Reply]
Hootie 12:45 PM 12-08-2014
I'd still take Smith over both of those guys. I'd rather land an Aaron Rodgers or for fuck sake even a Tony Romo but unfortunately those don't grow on trees
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12:46 PM 12-08-2014
I remember when CP crowned Bortles in the preseason too
[Reply]
RunKC 12:47 PM 12-08-2014
Ok?

And Derek Carr would have solved that.

Lmao
You can't deny he's looked good despite his terrible situation of being in Oakland.
[Reply]
In58men 12:51 PM 12-08-2014
Originally Posted by RunKC:
You can't deny he's looked good despite his terrible situation of being in Oakland.

He's pissed off because Oakland out smarted us.
[Reply]
jonzie04 12:55 PM 12-08-2014
If we would have taken carr no one would have any idea what he could do. Half of you guys would have crowned him the second coming of jesus regardless. the other near half would have crowned him the next ryan leaf, due to his inability to beat out smith.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:57 PM 12-08-2014
Didn't Hootie say Rodgers was overrated?

Fuck you Hootie. I don't give a damn what you think about this thread
[Reply]
Hootie 01:02 PM 12-08-2014
Yes I can. He's been terrible
[Reply]
Hootie 01:03 PM 12-08-2014
Didn't Hootie say Rodgers was overrated?

Fuck you Hootie. I don't give a damn what you think about this thread
I questioned his record in close games and asked if he was overrated. Try reading the thread.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 40
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up