ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 40
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I can't believe this team passed on Derek Carr
RunKC 10:13 AM 12-08-2014
It's Raiders week and I really don't care about them that much. I hate their fans. I hate their stadium. I hate everything about them. But I'm jealous. I'm jealous of the Raiders for the second time in my entire life. The first was with Rich Gannon, who we threw away. We know the story and what they went on to do.

But this week I'm jealous of them for the second time in my life.
I can't believe that John Dorsey passed on a QB that reminds me a lot of what makes Aaron Rodgers good. Great arm. Great leadership. Great feet. Just needs coaching.

I'm looking back at the Senior Bowl last year and am seeing the following statements about this young man:

"Derek carr's velocity, especially in the gusty wind, was once again impressive. When it comes to arm strength, he really has no competition."

"Carr looked very athletic in an escape drill showcasing his impression footwork."

I saw tweets like this that made me appreciate him

@nfldraftscout: Derek Carr won me over at the Senior Bowl...where he stayed after practice every day to get extra reps with new WRs.

@ryanlownes: @JimmyKempski Ran routes for Derek Carr after practice every day at the Senior Bowl. No shortage of work ethic or competitiveness.

And then I remember us this tweet on the day of the draft:

@KanCityChiefFan: Mort: Kansas City Chiefs are a sleeper QB team in 2014 NFL Draft - Arrowhead Pride (blog) http://t.co/Pn0XVl203s

I thought this regime would be different. I really did. I didn't mind Alex as a stop gap while we developed a guy like GB did with Rodgers, but it's always the same with this franchise.

Now we have to watch the team we all hate with a good looking QB of the future that we should have drafted.
Such is life as a Chiefs fan..
[Reply]
Dayze 11:32 AM 12-22-2014
the good news for oakland is Carr is young, and is basically Alex Smith stat-wise but with a potentially much higher ceiling. but we know Alex sucks, with no hope of improvement. and that's what kills me.
[Reply]
Hootie 11:34 AM 12-22-2014
Derek Carr is nothing like Alex Smith. At all. It's a terrible comparison. They both play the position completely differently.

I do know that Derek Carr sucks. He has a backup QB ceiling in the NFL.

I hope he remains the Raiders starter for years and years and years.
[Reply]
Snapplez 11:40 AM 12-22-2014
Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0:
Derek Carr is nothing like Alex Smith. At all. It's a terrible comparison. They both play the position completely differently.

I do know that Derek Carr sucks. He has a backup QB ceiling in the NFL.

I hope he remains the Raiders starter for years and years and years.
Drownin in irony :-)
[Reply]
Dave Lane 11:40 AM 12-22-2014
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelo...757/derek-carr

He's not good, and he won't be good. Ever.

Alex Smith is 25 times the QB Derek Carr will ever be. And Alex Smith is ok at best.

What is with ChiefsPlanet and shit QB's?

This is the same website that didn't want Tony Romo to be a Chief ... but oggles over Derek ****ing Carr.
OK lets not be stupid here. Carrs future ceiling is about 300 times greater than Smiths. He could still bust but he looks pretty good with a team full of absolute epic trash around him.
[Reply]
Hootie 11:41 AM 12-22-2014
Originally Posted by Snapplez:
Drownin in irony :-)
feel free to elaborate
[Reply]
Dayze 11:44 AM 12-22-2014
The thing for me is....Carr's future is yet to be written. Bust/garbage? Possibly. But Smith is a known commodity at this point. what you see is what you get.

which is why, for me personally, I'd move on from Smith after this season. It's not as if he's going to some how 'get it' all of a sudden and light the world on fire.

am I saying I would rather have Carr? No. I'm just saying that what the Raiders are going through is something that I will likely never see in my lifetime - drafting a QB, letting him play to figure out what he is. the Chiefs don't deal with such risk, and likely never will.

IMO
[Reply]
Hootie 12:03 PM 12-22-2014
Smith is our 2015 starter. No doubt.

We do need to start drafting QB's early and often.
[Reply]
Dayze 12:06 PM 12-22-2014
affirmative.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:41 PM 12-22-2014
I don't need to understand anything. Oakland is terrible because their QB is terrible. If Carr was good, he'd pass some sort of eye test. But he doesn't. Not one. They purposely cater their gameplan to give him safe passes and try and make sure he doesn't lose the game ... and he still ****ing sucks.

He has 20 TDs with a whopping 40 QBR. 40.

And how many times has he gotten to play totally meaningless 4th quarters due to being down my an insurmountable amount?

This website cracks me up.

NO TO TONY ROMO!!!!

YES TO DEREK CARR!!!!

Awful.
Jets
Seahawks
Chargers (in Oakland)

Those three games they were in bc of Carr.

Then he beats us, SF and BUF.

Anyone who thinks Alex is better than Carr right now is a fucking retarded mongoloid.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 12:54 PM 12-22-2014
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Jets
Seahawks
Chargers (in Oakland)

Those three games they were in bc of Carr.

Then he beats us, SF and BUF.

Anyone who thinks Alex is better than Carr right now is a ****ing retarded mongoloid.
He threw for 151 yards on 32 attempts (less than 5 yards per attempt) against the Jets. Firstly, the Jets suck. Second, the team scored 14 points.

Against Seattle he threw for 194 yards on 41 attempts and threw two picks.
Again, that's less than 5 yards per attempt.

He played very well against the Chargers.

So Carr played well in one of those games. In the other two he was pretty bad and put up very Alex Smithian numbers.

Against KC he, again, averaged less than 5 yards per attempt. He had 174 yards on 35 attempts. I'll credit him for that final drive, but he didn't play that well. Kc put a clown suit on him a few weeks later.

He played excellent against the 49ers and played pretty well against Buffalo.

So he played well in half of the games you cited. In the other half, CP would have destroyed him for his unspectacular play and likely would have directly blamed him for the loss.

I like Carr's upside and I don't even want Alex on the team next year, but Carr isn't as good as you seem to think yet. Having said that, I liked Bridgewater and wanted KC to draft him.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:32 PM 12-22-2014
Carr is a turd. Small turd since he is a rook but a turd nonetheless
[Reply]
Hootie 01:34 PM 12-22-2014
anyone who thinks Derek Carr is better, right now, than Alex Smith isn't allowed to have an opinion on football any longer
[Reply]
Jiu Jitsu Jon 07:50 PM 12-22-2014
I don't need to understand anything. Oakland is terrible because their QB is terrible. If Carr was good, he'd pass some sort of eye test. But he doesn't. Not one. They purposely cater their gameplan to give him safe passes and try and make sure he doesn't lose the game ... and he still ****ing sucks.

He has 20 TDs with a whopping 40 QBR. 40.

And how many times has he gotten to play totally meaningless 4th quarters due to being down my an insurmountable amount?

This website cracks me up.

NO TO TONY ROMO!!!!

YES TO DEREK CARR!!!!

Awful.
What are you talking about? Eye test? 20 TD, 11 INT, 3,000 yds? Not bad for a 1st year rookie on one of currently the worst teams in the NFL. You know what, even other chiefs fans on here think you're ridiculous. I'll just leave it at that.
[Reply]
Hootie 07:59 PM 12-22-2014
a stat sheet isn't an eye test dipfuck

watch the kid play

he fucking sucks

enjoy another 3 wins next year :-)
[Reply]
kcxiv 08:05 PM 12-22-2014
a stat sheet isn't an eye test dip****

watch the kid play

he ****ing sucks

enjoy another 3 wins next year :-)
we will get 7 or 8. How awesome is that!
[Reply]
Page 10 of 40
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up