ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Nzoner's Game Room>Rape charges dropped against Araiza and other SDSU players
Stewie 07:54 PM 12-07-2022
Former Buffalo Bills punter Matt Araiza and former teammates on the San Diego State football team will not face criminal charges in connection with an alleged gang rape of a minor that occurred at an off-campus party in October 2021, the San Diego County District Attorney's Office announced Wednesday.

"Ultimately, prosecutors determined it is clear the evidence does not support the filing of criminal charges and there is no path to a potential criminal conviction," the district attorney's office said in a statement. "Prosecutors can only file charges when they ethically believe they can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt."

The DA's office said the San Diego Police Department did not recommend charges be filed when the case was submitted in early August.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:50 AM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It's either age or pot.
Maybe it's both...

[Reply]
scho63 12:22 PM 06-01-2023
Oh snap. That white yacht party they threw....i was there that day. Not on the yacht cuz im not that cool of course. I was at the park across the street from the Yacht, watching all these ho's get on board. Watching a few of them miss the boat.
Lurking in the park? :-)

Stalking perhaps.....:-)
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 06:29 PM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Or "star athlete with money makes another rape go away". :-)

It's pretty naive to think this news means nothing happened.

He'll probably get signed somewhere anyway and can maybe take this as a hint that it's quite the privilege to play a sport for large sums of money... or else, *gasp*, he can find a real job.

(and I hate social media pressure leading to people immediately being fired before anything is figured out, but generally where there's smoke, there's fire)
I doubt this punter had the amount of money to make it go away.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:39 PM 06-01-2023
Oh snap. That white yacht party they threw....i was there that day. Not on the yacht cuz im not that cool of course. I was at the park across the street from the Yacht, watching all these ho's get on board. Watching a few of them miss the boat.
The police now have a new suspect. Maybe you should go room with ChiefsAholic for a while.
[Reply]
Womble 06:58 PM 06-01-2023

[Reply]
cdcox 09:37 PM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
We are increasingly living in a society where any accusation will ruin anyone's career. Now sometimes where there is smoke where there is fire but I dont think employers should be able to fire somebody just because they are charged. They SHOULD have to be convicted or take a plea before they are allowed to take action. I realize thst is not the world we live in but this is the entire reason we have a justice system.

Also contrary to popular belief the age of consent in almost every state is not 18. In this case the accuser was 17. 21 vs 17 is rarely a statutory case in most states, which should make sense to anyone who was that age before.
Do you hold this position for:

Embezzlement?
Sleeping on the job? (Clearly theft)
Consistently having a light drawer? (again theft)
Not performing job duties do to being on your phone? (more theft)

I think employment at the will of the employer doesn’t provide adequate protection for workers.

I think requiring a criminal conviction to dismiss an employee, which you strongly advocate, makes holding employees accountable impossible. This is too liberal for me.

Is there a middle ground where employees can be dismissed with documentation of cause? Also, RIF actions have transparency? This is where I am at.

Or do you consider accusations of sexual abuse to be under a special protection?
[Reply]
cdcox 09:49 PM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The hope is that every young girl understands the real-life lessons here. Don't be a cock-tease. Don't get drunk and hang out at frat houses, etc.
All of that should go without saying. i don't think anyone could or would dispute that. Plus, the vast majority of young men at university probably aren't would-be rapists. As usual, we're talking about a tiny percentage.

But I'm talking about reality here. And in reality, all kinds of things, including really terrible ones, will happen given the right circumstances. And young women getting trashed at frat parties is risky behavior. My point is, have fun, but don't be stupid about it.

Seems simple enough.
Wasn't necessarily referencing the video with the ct bit. But even when I went to college, there were girls that would ct, and then get upset when some guy would grab her ass or whatever. It's stupid behavior.

As for the last bit, well when you have a bunch of drunk people engaging in group sex, I don't doubt that the lines can get blurred. Which is also why people in general should be better at assessing risks.

Look, I'm not defending the boys' behavior at all. All I'm saying is that if you keep '****ing around,' you'll almost inevitably 'find out.'

If you don't want to be slapped around in a gangbang, the best way to avoid that is to not engage in gangbangs.
Lol, go back and look up any post I’ve ever made concerning rape. I clearly don’t believe any such thing, considering that my favorite suggestion for punishing rapists is to be drawn and quartered.

Your problem is that you refuse to accept the truth that even young girls need to be accountable their riskier decisions.
Lolz.

Apparently you care, dipstick.

I didnt say they were stupid, I said they'd get upset. And it is 'stupid' behavior. There is a difference between being stupid and making a stupid mistake.

But you believe whatever you want to believe. Try taking a class in reading comprehension though. Might help you not say stupid things in the future.

(see how that works right there? I didn't say you were stupid. I said you made a stupid mistake)
This is classic victim blaming. Let’s not go to rape. Let’s leave it at ass slapping.

The girl has to be responsible for her behavior, but the dude gets a free pass on his? Draw me the moral Venn diagram, PLEASE. I’m dying to see this.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up