ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 40
« First < 303637383940
Nzoner's Game Room>I can't believe this team passed on Derek Carr
RunKC 10:13 AM 12-08-2014
It's Raiders week and I really don't care about them that much. I hate their fans. I hate their stadium. I hate everything about them. But I'm jealous. I'm jealous of the Raiders for the second time in my entire life. The first was with Rich Gannon, who we threw away. We know the story and what they went on to do.

But this week I'm jealous of them for the second time in my life.
I can't believe that John Dorsey passed on a QB that reminds me a lot of what makes Aaron Rodgers good. Great arm. Great leadership. Great feet. Just needs coaching.

I'm looking back at the Senior Bowl last year and am seeing the following statements about this young man:

"Derek carr's velocity, especially in the gusty wind, was once again impressive. When it comes to arm strength, he really has no competition."

"Carr looked very athletic in an escape drill showcasing his impression footwork."

I saw tweets like this that made me appreciate him

@nfldraftscout: Derek Carr won me over at the Senior Bowl...where he stayed after practice every day to get extra reps with new WRs.

@ryanlownes: @JimmyKempski Ran routes for Derek Carr after practice every day at the Senior Bowl. No shortage of work ethic or competitiveness.

And then I remember us this tweet on the day of the draft:

@KanCityChiefFan: Mort: Kansas City Chiefs are a sleeper QB team in 2014 NFL Draft - Arrowhead Pride (blog) http://t.co/Pn0XVl203s

I thought this regime would be different. I really did. I didn't mind Alex as a stop gap while we developed a guy like GB did with Rodgers, but it's always the same with this franchise.

Now we have to watch the team we all hate with a good looking QB of the future that we should have drafted.
Such is life as a Chiefs fan..
[Reply]
scho63 02:51 AM 12-13-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I just want to thank the Chiefs along with all the other QB needy teams like the Texans who passed on Carr. After a decade in the QB wilderness it's a great feeling to not have to worry about the QB in a Raiders uniform.
YOWZA! :-)
[Reply]
scho63 02:52 AM 12-13-2022
Originally Posted by kcchiefsus:
The Chiefs are a shitty franchise, and it starts from the very top. We don't have the balls (and likely never will) to go out and get a real quarterback.
Great take! :-)
[Reply]
scho63 02:53 AM 12-13-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah I'm still pissed we passed on Carr. What makes this worse is that we were gonna draft him "but we had Alex" from what Andy said at the pro bowl.
Still pissed?
[Reply]
scho63 02:58 AM 12-13-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Why is this relevant?

The Raiders have over 40 million in cap room for 2017 and and nearly 90 million going into 2018.

The can also cut Michael Crabtree, Donald Penn and Aldon Smith, who has been disappointing, and save another $19 million. Likely they will offer Crabtree a long term contract, as he has flourished in the absence of Alex Smith, cut the two others, and still save about $15 million. That's $55 million in cap room. They will have absolutely no problem signing anyone AND getting Carr locked up.

They are loaded and the future is extremely bright.
Not your best football take. :-)
[Reply]
scho63 03:00 AM 12-13-2022
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
Imagine if Josh Gordon gets his life together and signs a cheap deal with the raiders
Or worse yet, Chiefs sign him after multiple drug suspensions.
[Reply]
Spott 07:34 AM 12-13-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Still pissed?
The one thing that hasn’t changed since we drafted Mahomes is that we owned Carr & the Raiders with both QB’s. Now we just score more when we play them.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:45 AM 12-13-2022
Derek Carr’s 2nd and 3rd year were better than any of Alex Smith’s career best. He had 60 TD’s to 19 INT’s on an absolute shit team with a shit franchise.

There’s no way in hell anyone can think he wouldn’t have been better than Alex.

But yes obviously Mahomes is king. He’s a unicorn. Goes to show that guys like him rarely come around
[Reply]
Shoes 11:09 AM 12-13-2022

[Reply]
Page 40 of 40
« First < 303637383940
Up