« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Media Center>Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Hammock Parties 01:46 PM 12-10-2007
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

*NERDGASM*

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:56 PM 05-22-2008
Originally Posted by GOATSE:
It's getting good reviews because for the most part it's a technically sound film with good acting and a decent plot.

But it's disappointing hardcore Indiana Jones nerds because it doesn't feel like Indiana Jones. There's no sense of peril.
Is it the worst of the films?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:01 PM 05-22-2008
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Yeah. I mean, it's not horrible, but it doesn't stack up to the other three as INDIANA JONES films.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 02:02 PM 05-22-2008
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Easily.

Of course, I disagree with GoChiefs. I think it was a shitty film, craft wise.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:14 PM 05-22-2008
If somebody held a gun to my head and said "You're going to watch a movie. Temple of Doom or Crystal Skull?" I'd vote Crystal Skull without a pause. It wasn't even in the same dimension of suck as that runny turd.

(Dimension, get it?)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:28 PM 05-22-2008
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk:
Of course, I disagree with GoChiefs. I think it was a shitty film, craft wise.
He was only talking about the technical aspects of it. Spielberg has always been one of the best, if not the best technical director of all time.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 05:50 PM 05-22-2008
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
He was only talking about the technical aspects of it. Spielberg has always been one of the best, if not the best technical director of all time.
I realize this. I'm telling you that I think it's one of his worst flicks. War of the Worlds is up there too.

There were some good shots but most of the film seemed like he really didn't care and was nothing short of bored.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:12 PM 05-22-2008
I realize this. I'm telling you that I think it's one of his worst flicks. War of the Worlds is up there too.

There were some good shots but most of the film seemed like he really didn't care and was nothing short of bored.
I liked War of the Worlds. Mainly the Alien Pod attacks.

That first Alien attack sequence is damn near brilliant.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 06:14 PM 05-22-2008
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I liked War of the Worlds. Mainly the Alien Pod attacks.

That first Alien attack sequence is damn near brilliant.
I wouldn't put it close to half his films. Of course, that's a testament to his directing.

Still, it felt and I believe he's said, it wasn't his best work.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 06:25 PM 05-22-2008
I wouldn't put it close to half his films. Of course, that's a testament to his directing.

Still, it felt and I believe he's said, it wasn't his best work.
I got your message, I couldn't respond because the server was being gay.

I loved it. I'm easily entertained though. lol
[Reply]
mcan 06:52 PM 05-22-2008
There is a LOT wrong with the movie. Don't get me wrong. I liked enough of it to make it worth seeing and probably better than "Temple of Doom" but overall I thought the movie was pretty terrible. If someone wants to explain quickly how to do the spoiler tags, I'll post a more specific review.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 06:59 PM 05-22-2008
Originally Posted by GOATSE:
That blows.

I'm going to watch Last Crusade this week. I'll get pounded for saying this but it's my favorite. It has the right mix of humor and gritty action. The Nazis are ****ing awesome.
That's my personal favorite as well. The interplay between Ford and Connery is great. And Alison Doody is waaaaaaaaay hotter than Karen Allen.

As for this new one, when I hear people compare it to Temple of Doom, I'm thinking HOLD OUT FOR THE DVD. Temple of Doom sucked balls. I have the three disk set and I might as well throw the middle one out. I'll never watch that steaming turd again.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:08 PM 05-22-2008
IMHO... this is worse than Temple. And I watched Temple just a couple of weeks ago. I hate to pile on, because I was pretty certain this would be better, but no... Kingdom is pretty putrid.

I'll talk more on the subject later.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 08:17 PM 05-22-2008
Originally Posted by frazod:
That's my personal favorite as well. The interplay between Ford and Connery is great. And Alison Doody is waaaaaaaaay hotter than Karen Allen.

As for this new one, when I hear people compare it to Temple of Doom, I'm thinking HOLD OUT FOR THE DVD. Temple of Doom sucked balls. I have the three disk set and I might as well throw the middle one out. I'll never watch that steaming turd again.
Worse.....:-)
[Reply]
Frazod 08:26 PM 05-22-2008
Worse.....:-)
Well, f#ck that.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:29 PM 05-22-2008
Originally Posted by frazod:
Well, f#ck that.
I heard its better than Donnie Darko! :-)
[Reply]
Page 17 of 37
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up