Page 11 of 37
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Media Center>Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Hammock Parties 01:46 PM 12-10-2007
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

*NERDGASM*

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:44 PM 05-17-2008
WTF does this mean?? They all opened huge by 1980's standards. Movies played alot longer in theaters in those days as well.

"But these movies — the 'Indiana Jones' ones — were never big hits right away. They were always slow starters that built up to big numbers," Lucas insisted"
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:05 AM 05-18-2008
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I trust Spielberg. Hes fairly old fashioned by todays filmaking standards. Which is a good thing.
I don't.

He's made two great movies in the past 19 years (Private Ryan & Schindler's List), a couple of "okay" movies and a bunch of crap ("Always", "Hook", "A.I.", The Terminal").

Jurassic Park wasn't bad per se, but without George's help, who knows how it would have been (Lucas "Ghost" edited the film plus oversaw all the effects at ILM). Clearly, Jurassic Park II was a major disappointment (as a movie, anyway). And Joe Johnson directed a far superior sequel in "Jurassic Park III".

People slam Lucas all the time for the Prequels but fail to realize that Spielberg's directed a lot of crap in the past 25 years.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:12 AM 05-18-2008
I had no idea George edited JP. Cool.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:22 AM 05-18-2008
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don't.

He's made two great movies in the past 19 years (Private Ryan & Schindler's List), a couple of "okay" movies and a bunch of crap ("Always", "Hook", "A.I.", The Terminal").

We will have to agree to disagree.

I loved

Munich (2005)
War of the Worlds (2005)
The Terminal (2004)
Catch Me If You Can (2002)
Minority Report
Saving Private Ryan (1998)
Schindler's List (1993)
Always

Everything else i will agree was ordinary or crap. Jurassic Park the first movie had a couple of great thrill scenes but thats about it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:02 AM 05-18-2008
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
We will have to agree to disagree.

I loved

Munich (2005)
War of the Worlds (2005)
The Terminal (2004)
Catch Me If You Can (2002)
Minority Report
Saving Private Ryan (1998)
Schindler's List (1993)
Always

Everything else i will agree was ordinary or crap. Jurassic Park the first movie had a couple of great thrill scenes but thats about it.
Munich, War of the Worlds, The Terminal, Catch Me If You Can and Minority Report are all average at best. Just about any major director could have directed these films and achieved the same results.

None of those movies are in the same category as Jaws, Close Encounters, Schindler's List or Saving Private Ryan.

And while you may have "loved" those film, in no way, shape or form are they exceptional cinema.

They're all average, at best.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 05:42 PM 05-18-2008
Munich, War of the Worlds, The Terminal, Catch Me If You Can and Minority Report are all average at best. Just about any major director could have directed these films and achieved the same results.

None of those movies are in the same category as Jaws, Close Encounters, Schindler's List or Saving Private Ryan.

And while you may have "loved" those film, in no way, shape or form are they exceptional cinema.

They're all average, at best.
I don't know about Munich. I agree with the rest. War of the Worlds sucked major ass. The Terminal was boring. Minority report was mediocre at best. But Catch Me If You Can I chalk up to the cast. I agree that any major director probably could have done the same thing.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 05:44 PM 05-18-2008
I don't.

Jurassic Park wasn't bad per se, but without George's help, who knows how it would have been (Lucas "Ghost" edited the film plus oversaw all the effects at ILM). Clearly, Jurassic Park II was a major disappointment (as a movie, anyway). And Joe Johnson directed a far superior sequel in "Jurassic Park III".

People slam Lucas all the time for the Prequels but fail to realize that Spielberg's directed a lot of crap in the past 25 years.
I disagree whole heartedly on that. II was much better than III. III was garbage.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:52 PM 05-18-2008
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk:
I disagree whole heartedly on that. II was much better than III. III was garbage.
Not a fan of JPIII?

I rather enjoyed it myself and liked the pacing. The scenes in the birdcage were awesome.

But to each, his own. Neither movie (JPII or JPIII) are exceptional cinema.
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 06:16 PM 05-18-2008
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk:
I don't know about Munich. I agree with the rest. War of the Worlds sucked major ass. The Terminal was boring. Minority report was mediocre at best. But Catch Me If You Can I chalk up to the cast. I agree that any major director probably could have done the same thing.
That was confusing. I don't know about Munich being in the group you qualified. I do think it was better cinema than the rest.

And yeah, II and III were sucky. The original was phenomenal, for its time.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:04 PM 05-18-2008
KEEP FUGGIN' DOUBTING THE TANGERINE DREAM!!!1ONE1!!1!
[Reply]
Lzen 02:35 PM 05-19-2008
Originally Posted by :
In its earliest incarnation, Lucas proposed an all-out alien flick called "Indiana Jones and the Saucer Men From Mars." Spielberg and Ford didn't like that idea, and it took more than a decade of wrangling to come up with a story all three could live with.
WTH? Has Lucas lost his mind?
[Reply]
Bowser 03:04 PM 05-19-2008
Originally Posted by Lzen:
WTH? Has Lucas lost his mind?
Most likely.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:21 PM 05-19-2008
Reading a lot of reviews this week. All of them seem to be what I'd term as 'cautiously positive'. Along the lines of "it feels like an Indy film, and there are some great moments, but...".
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:22 PM 05-19-2008
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Reading a lot of reviews this week. All of them seem to be what I'd term as 'cautiously positive'. Along the lines of "it feels like an Indy film, and there are some great moments, but...".
As long as "it feels like an Indy film", I'm good with that.

I wasn't expecting them to reinvent the wheel, I was just hoping they wouldn't screw the pooch.
[Reply]
veist 08:12 PM 05-19-2008
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Just got back from seeing it, this is entirely accurate. Its basically a decent movie in spite of being hampered with a just plain goofy premise.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 37
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up