ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 145 of 153
« First < 4595135141142143144145 146147148149 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:01 PM 04-05-2023
That was an episode of DROIDS: CSI with a fistfight thrown in :-)

I did enjoy the callbacks to Dune and Robocop. At least that's what they felt like to me. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 11:52 PM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I was wondering how that was going to get done. The loophole works I suppose, but they could have used that the minute it happened.

Enjoyed the episode. Bryce Dallas Howard is become a pretty decent director for the SW Universe.

Also, very disappointed we didn't get a The Metal reference. Lol
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:10 AM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Graystoke 07:00 AM 04-06-2023
Spoiler!

[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:55 AM 04-06-2023
I know it’s just a throwaway scene but when the fish guy has to leave, that entire thing was just really hard to watch in how bad it was. The droid thing was interesting but not a huge fan of how simple and easy and quick it was to resolve. I would have much rather had two episodes there instead of that one with those other two random characters filling almost the whole episode.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:27 AM 04-06-2023
Was that episode bad?

Because man, I feel like that episode was really bad.
[Reply]
Graystoke 09:29 AM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Was that episode bad?

Capital BAD
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:41 AM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Capital BAD
I've said it before but about 30 minutes into The Last Jedi a dark thought came over me...

"Oh no - is this movie bad? Because shit, I think this movie is bad..."

And it never got any better. Same thing happened like 20 minutes into Obi Wan. Meanwhile as I watched Solo after everyone said it sucked I'm thinking "Wait...what? This is pretty damn good!"

I try to give SWs the benefit of the doubt but they really have bummed me out a bit at times.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:46 AM 04-06-2023
Was that episode bad?

It was a live action RPG side quest you had to complete to advance your companion's storyline before you can get to the next stage of the main quest.

Have to say I hope we get to go back to droid city because I bet there are some hilarious NPCs there. Plus the hoop-toss minigame is fun as shit.
[Reply]
luv 10:20 AM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Spoiler!
My husband said the same thing. The sets/scenery are great, but the writing is weak.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:55 AM 04-06-2023
Was that episode bad?

It felt like they were strolling along their merry storytelling way, and it hit them that they only have X number of episodes left this season, so they needed a fast forward episode to get shit moving towards the point of it all, even though the episode itself wasn't fast forward.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:27 AM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by luv:
My husband said the same thing. The sets/scenery are great, but the writing is weak.
The plot line of this episode was convoluted and forced. It's as if someone told the writers what the last 5 minutes of the show had to be and gave them fifteen minutes to come up with a way to get there. Most of the episode was spent using weakly built stereotypes of each character in sloppily thrown together vignettes, loosely strung together by plot that was completely irrelevant. Grogu cutesy. Bo Katan leader. Mandalorian tough guy. Have those three interact with background characters. Woman appeased by cuteness. Key individuals acting without leadership. Bad guys doing bad things because no one resists them. Was the episode written by George Lucas? Can someone check?
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:35 AM 04-06-2023
Was that episode bad?

It wasn't great. Did I enjoy it? Yes. A lot.

I think this is suffering from some (perhaps) unattainable expectations.

I don't have super high expectations. And I'm enjoying the shit out of it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:40 AM 04-06-2023
Yeah, felt let down with this episode. Someone's lost their way with the writing this season.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:44 AM 04-06-2023
biggest thing that should piss you all off is a complete waste of christopher lloyd
[Reply]
Page 145 of 153
« First < 4595135141142143144145 146147148149 > Last »
Up