ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 112 of 112
« First < 1262102108109110111112
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023-2024 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:43 PM 10-24-2023
Can't believe the NBA Season is starting tonight. Way to early but here we go.

Lakers vs Nuggets: 6:30PM

Suns vs Warriors: 9PM

Both on TNT
[Reply]
BWillie 10:48 PM 05-07-2024
I do think 7 is too many. 5 is the sweet spot probably. But Im not going to complain. I love that the best team almost always wins.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:22 PM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I do think 7 is too many. 5 is the sweet spot probably. But Im not going to complain. I love that the best team almost always wins.
Early series should be 5 games. And we don't need nearly as many teams. And you also don't need teams finishing off back to backs jumping immediately into an every other day series. This after a season where silver had one of the dumbest schedule designs where teams played an insane number of road back to back to backs.

That's the fixable part. The other part of the blowout issue is teams are just chucking up 3s though I don't know how you stop that
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:26 PM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Less games? In the PLAYOFFS?!? GREAT idea.
More games doesn't make for better sports. For the same reason football doesn't need more playoff teams in a season that's already a grind where you're just hoping your player will make it through healthy.

It means immediately getting to good teams against good teams. And watching superstars who are a little fresh instead of limping around by the second quarter
[Reply]
Coogs 06:25 AM Today
Knicks/Pacers game was interesting to say the least in the last few minutes last night. I only caught the last 5 minutes, but what a crazy 5 minutes. Can't believe this thread didn't have several pages added last night during the live action.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:55 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
More games doesn't make for better sports. For the same reason football doesn't need more playoff teams in a season that's already a grind where you're just hoping your player will make it through healthy.

It means immediately getting to good teams against good teams. And watching superstars who are a little fresh instead of limping around by the second quarter
I am all for a reduced regular season, they should really cut it in half or 52 games but so should the NHL and MLB. They could start in late December and play a couple of games a week with no back to back so no need to load manage. It will never happen though because the owners want those 42 home game checks.

I like the current playoff format though especially the play in games. To add some intrigue they could make the first round a single elimination game now that would be fun.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:39 AM Today
How do the knicks win every single close game?
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:44 AM Today
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Knicks/Pacers game was interesting to say the least in the last few minutes last night. I only caught the last 5 minutes, but what a crazy 5 minutes. Can't believe this thread didn't have several pages added last night during the live action.
Entire game was good

Brunson is a dog but Tibs going to grind them into the ground

I think Hart has played every minute in both games this series
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:45 AM Today
Grabbing every rebound in the 4th quarter
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:19 AM Today
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I am all for a reduced regular season, they should really cut it in half or 52 games but so should the NHL and MLB. They could start in late December and play a couple of games a week with no back to back so no need to load manage. It will never happen though because the owners want those 42 home game checks.

I like the current playoff format though especially the play in games. To add some intrigue they could make the first round a single elimination game now that would be fun.
I could live with a longer playoff if the regular season was shorter. you can see players just breaking down left and right which just doesn't make for good playoff basketball. Maybe that also allows to build in more space between games too. Thankfully Knicks pacers has made for a close matchup this round.

Hope is that the game also evolves to less three pointers but feel like that won't happen anytime soon.

In any event it's disturbing to me to see teams pull starters in a playoff game. I get that being down 22 with 6 minutes left is bad, but man I dunno....
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:21 AM Today
I mean, I hate to blame officiating but theyve gotten an insane amount of favorable calls in close games this playoff. Yesterday, the pacers just shit the bed.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:08 AM Today
Sometimes you have coaches who are too rigid. Carlisle seems way too locked in on rotations instead of sticking with their hot hand. pacers bench players are outplaying several of their starters
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:56 AM Today
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Grabbing every rebound in the 4th quarter
Apparently.
[Reply]
Page 112 of 112
« First < 1262102108109110111112
Up