Oct. 8: at Florida, time TBD

Oct. 15: Bye

Oct. 22: Vanderbilt, time TBD

Oct. 29: at South Carolina, time TBD

Nov. 5: Kentucky, time TBD

Nov. 12: at Tennessee, time TBD

Nov. 19: New Mexico State, time TBD

Nov. 25: Arkansas, 2:30 p.m.

I found the schedule, so I figured that now is as good of a time as any to start a new thread. Coach Drink has done well turning around the mess that Odom left behind. Solid recruiting has our best commit class in years coming in this year. The schedule isn't bad. A bowl game should be a given. I would like to see 9 -10 wins this year, with one of the wins coming against Arkansas. I really don't like losing to Odom.

Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz called it the best recruiting class ever for the Tigers.

Sure enough, Mizzou's current class is ranked No. 11 by ESPN, No. 14 by 247 Sports and No. 17 by Rivals, the highest in program history
[Reply]
Best22 02:01 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I think you bring up more rational, valid points.

Part of that also has to do with the schools located near or in the region. Yes, Mizzou is the only FBS school in the state, but Kansas, Illinois, Arkansas, Iowa aren't too far either. And with middling success or short bursts that aren't sustained, that gets you nowhere.
I don’t think that Illinois brand is too strong, we are clearly better in football historically. They’re a boring brand. Based on basketball. They are stronger than us there, but Mizzou fans will also compare them to Kansas and they simply just do not stack up. When we have good basketball teams, we expect to beat them

Kansas has a number of fans in Kansas City. People move here and cheer for a blue blood basketball team over a 6-6 football team that can’t decide what it’s logo is

Iowa has good branding and is consistent, and is usually playing above .500 football. Not alot of Iowa fans in Missouri but they do have a legit brand

Arkansas has a solid brand and certainly has some fans in southern Missouri. I think with the success of Pinkel you see a lot more Missouri fans in that region than before, though.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:01 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Yup. SEC will protect a team like Kentucky against Mizzou, but when it comes to doing them any favors against the likes of Georgia, Florida or even Tennessee . . . . . . forget about it.

Kentucky is an ‘outsider’ in their own way, just not in the same way as Mizzou.
Kentucky is a founding member of the SEC.

Mizzou isn't.

Not a remotely comparable situation.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:02 PM 11-05-2022

I'll take bowl eligibility in a sport that people continue to say that Kentucky has no business in competing in while winning titles in basketball.
Your school still sucks and Cal will never win again.
[Reply]
Best22 11-05-2022, 02:02 PM
This message has been deleted by Best22. Reason: Mistake
TomBarndtsTwin 02:02 PM 11-05-2022
Get ****ed.
You never answered the question from earlier. Why did you disappear from this thread earlier when the game got close only to reappear after the roughing the kicker call and Kentucky finally having the game on lockdown?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:03 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Your school still sucks and Cal will never win again.
Lexington is a beautiful city with thriving industry, bourbon, and horses.

And OK.

You never answered the question from earlier. Why did you disappear from this thread earlier when the game got close only to reappear after the roughing the kicker call and Kentucky finally having the game on lockdown?
I was pacing back and forth and would've taken my lumps after the game. I've literally seen Kentucky lose by 60 in person and stayed until the end and saw them lose by 38 last week. Believe it or not, I'm not on this forum every single second.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:04 PM 11-05-2022
Kentucky is a founding member of the SEC.

Mizzou isn't.

Not a remotely comparable situation.
You’re not a traditional football power, though, and we all know football is what makes the $$$$$ in college sports.

Aside from that, you’re kind of making my point for me regarding Mizzou vs. Kentucky.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 02:04 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
I don’t think I’ve ever blamed the refs for a loss becasue it’s such a weak-minded Pete thing to do, but this was squarely on the refs. The ball was coming out and the punt…lol come on. Not to mention their receivers pushed off consistently.
Oh, and the sideline skirmish where our players were walking away yet we still got a penalty. Kentucky lost, Mizzou beat them, but the refs won the game.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:05 PM 11-05-2022

And OK.

I was pacing back and forth and would've taken my lumps after the game.
Lexington is so great my best friend left for India instead. :-)
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:06 PM 11-05-2022
Oh, and the sideline skirmish where our players were walking away yet we still got a penalty. Kentucky lost, Mizzou beat them, but the refs won the game.
Don’t forget the first down they gave them which led to a TD after MU had them stopped.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:06 PM 11-05-2022
You’re not a traditional football power, though, and we all know football is what makes the $$$$$ in college sports.

Aside from that, you’re kind of making my point for me regarding Mizzou vs. Kentucky.
Mizzou has historically had slightly better success in basketball than football. They aren't dominant in either sport. Mizzou has two TV markets that they can claim while Kentucky has 1. Missouri is a larger state than Kentucky population wise. Mizzou can generate more $ if they marketed their brand correctly, yet mid-level success has impacted that.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 02:07 PM 11-05-2022
Don’t forget the first down they gave them which led to a TD after MU had them stopped.
Totally forget that one. There were so many I can’t remember them all.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:08 PM 11-05-2022
Dude hit a guy on the sideline and another guy hit Levis late.

Lexington is so great my best friend left for India instead. :-)
Have you been to Lexington? I've only been to 7 SEC cities (6 excluding Nashville), and I'd rate them the following in terms of living and leisure.

1. Knoxville
2. Lexington
3. Athens
4. CoMo
5. Tuscaloosa
6. Auburn
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:09 PM 11-05-2022

And OK.

I was pacing back and forth and would've taken my lumps after the game. I've literally seen Kentucky lose by 60 in person and stayed until the end and saw them lose by 38 last week. Believe it or not, I'm not on this forum every single second.
I’ll take your word for it, I guess. The timing just seemed a little odd.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:11 PM 11-05-2022
I’ll take your word for it, I guess. The timing just seemed a little odd.
I talk too much shit to not take it back. 99% sure I posted in the 2020 thread after Mizzou beat Kentucky.

Wait until basketball season starts in the Kansas thread. :-)
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:13 PM 11-05-2022
Kentucky players were literally throwing punches at Mizzou players on the sideline during that scuffle. At the very least, it should have been off setting penalties.

I would say it will be interesting to see when the SEC takes a look at it this week to see if any further decisions to be made, but we all know how that will turn out.
[Reply]
Page 57 of 109
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107 > Last »
Up