Oct. 8: at Florida, time TBD

Oct. 15: Bye

Oct. 22: Vanderbilt, time TBD

Oct. 29: at South Carolina, time TBD

Nov. 5: Kentucky, time TBD

Nov. 12: at Tennessee, time TBD

Nov. 19: New Mexico State, time TBD

Nov. 25: Arkansas, 2:30 p.m.

I found the schedule, so I figured that now is as good of a time as any to start a new thread. Coach Drink has done well turning around the mess that Odom left behind. Solid recruiting has our best commit class in years coming in this year. The schedule isn't bad. A bowl game should be a given. I would like to see 9 -10 wins this year, with one of the wins coming against Arkansas. I really don't like losing to Odom.

Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz called it the best recruiting class ever for the Tigers.

Sure enough, Mizzou's current class is ranked No. 11 by ESPN, No. 14 by 247 Sports and No. 17 by Rivals, the highest in program history
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:33 PM 01-20-2023
Uhh, going out for a few drives in games already decided =\= throwing to the wolves. He absolutely should have gotten more snaps in real game action.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:58 PM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
All editorializing/projecting.

Everything I've heard indicates that Horn/his parents really wanted to make sure he wasn't thrown to the wolves too early, and Drinkwitz was on board with that.

The guy is more raw than most players with this type of national ranking. He's got a lot of upside. But it's way more likely that he just wasn't ready to handle the starting gig than it is his coach didn't play him even if he was a better option for feelings-related reasons.
Horn is terrible in 2023: "Drink sucks and can't get the quarterback position right, fire Drink!!!"

Horn is great in 2023: "Drink sabotaged the 2022 season due to feels - here sucks, fire Drink!!!"

Why bother?
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 07:17 AM 02-26-2023
Not good…

Missouri baseball coach Steve Bieser on pitcher Sam Horn, who left tonight's game after 25 pitches: "Obviously he felt something. We've got to get him checked out. Right now I don't really want to say anything. We don't really know." (more)

— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) February 26, 2023

[Reply]
noblestofall 03:44 PM 02-26-2023
Which Mizzou player will be the best player in the 2024 draft?
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:23 PM 02-27-2023
Looks like Horn is okay, thankfully.

Sam Horn avoids serious injury after leaving baseball game, will practice with Mizzou football this week
MATT STAHL Columbia Daily Tribune

Missouri football fans don’t have to panic.

Quarterback Sam Horn, who left an MU baseball game where he was pitching while favoring his throwing elbow, is not seriously injured.

According to football head coach Eli Drinkwitz, Horn suffered a sprain and upper-arm strain in the Saturday game against Florida International.

“That has been MRI’d and has been examined by not only our orthopedist, but also a second opinion,” Drinkwitz said Monday. “Believe we have that diagnosed well. There was no damage to any ligaments.”

The Tigers are set to start spring football practice on Tuesday. Drinkwitz said Horn will not be throwing on the first day, but will likely be back to that on Thursday or Saturday.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:32 PM 02-27-2023
Eh.

Whatever caused it will resurface if he gets on the mound. Forearm strains are almost always just a matter of time before they yield TJ.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:33 PM 02-27-2023
I'll say this though - he looks fantastic as a pitching prospect. Great mound presence, really lively fastball. Breaker has promise. I think he makes his living on the bump someday.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:11 PM 03-03-2023
Saban let out Alabama's three permanent opponents the other day. Dellenger releases what they think they the entire list is. If Mizzou gets Arkansas, Oklahoma and Vandy they make out very, very, very well. The only two schools in the SEC Mizzou really gives a damn about and the best road trip spot that is closest thing to a sure win.

�� pic.twitter.com/e2Tp3B7wBv

— Ross Dellenger (@RossDellenger) March 3, 2023

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:14 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Horn is terrible in 2023: "Drink sucks and can't get the quarterback position right, fire Drink!!!"

Horn is great in 2023: "Drink sabotaged the 2022 season due to feels - here sucks, fire Drink!!!"

Why bother?
That’s Drinks fault.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:49 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Saban let out Alabama's three permanent opponents the other day. Dellenger releases what they think they the entire list is. If Mizzou gets Arkansas, Oklahoma and Vandy they make out very, very, very well. The only two schools in the SEC Mizzou really gives a damn about and the best road trip spot that is closest thing to a sure win.
I'd take that in a heartbeat.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:08 PM 03-07-2023
A Fongbomb for Kaelin. His tape wasn't impressive to me but his offer list sure as hell is
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:35 PM 03-12-2023
Kaelin announces tomorrow sounds like it will be Mizzou.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:13 AM 03-13-2023
'Kaelin' is just Gaelic for 'Cook'.

Don't really care. If he's starting for you, you're gonna be fighting uphill to win 7 games. I just don't see much there.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:32 PM 03-27-2023
Mizzou has reportedly found its new offensive line coach.

FootballScoop is reporting that former Houston offensive line coach Brandon Jones will be joining Eli Drinkwitz’s staff in the same position.

Jones has been a coach since 2007, getting his start at Texas Tech, where he played from 2003-to-2006. He had stops at Sam Houston State (2009), ECU (2010-14) and Cal (2015-16) before returning to Texas Tech in 2017 as offensive line coach.

When Dana Holgorsen left West Virginia for Houston after the 2018 season, he hired Jones away from Texas Tech. Jones was Houston’s offensive line coach for the past 4 seasons. He held the title of co-offensive coordinator from 2019-to-2020. His coordinator title changed to run game coordinator for the past 2 seasons. Holgorsen did not retain Jones after the 2022 season.

In Jones’s 4 seasons at Houston, 5 offensive linemen received All-AAC accolades a total of 6 times. Under Jones, Houston LT Patrick Paul became the first Cougar in American history to be named first-team multiple times, doing so in 2021-22. Jones tutored first-year guard Cam’Ron Johnson to first-team all-conference honors this past season. PFF rated the Cougars the top pass-blocking team of 2022.

Jones fills the vacancy left by Marcus Johnson’s departure for Purdue.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 12:16 AM 05-05-2023
Maybe a dumb question but couldn't find the answer on Google.

When are the game times announced? I notice that SEC and Big 12 schedules have been released but without game times.
[Reply]
Page 107 of 109
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109 >
Up