ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 491 of 3903
« First < 391441481487488489490491 4924934944955015415919911491 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rain Man 06:38 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
He falls down at the slightest hint of contact, is loss of balance a symptom?
Has Dexter McCluster been tested yet?
[Reply]
007 06:38 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Gov. Newsom SHOW YOUR WORK we need to check your math and crosscheck it with this article I read on Salon a month ago
Bet he forgot to carry the one.
[Reply]
O.city 06:40 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don't think it's "good" if it's everywhere because millions of at-risk people being exposed will put a major strain on our already strained healthcare system.

And not for nothing, comparing the average 65-85 year old to 20-something year old kids that are serious freaks of nature, is a poor comp.
Ideally there’s just a lot of asymptomatic people with it and not showing symptoms

That would allow immunity to be built without a huge burden to health systems
[Reply]
O.city 06:41 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Here is what I don't understand, I know for a fact in Missouri you won't get tested unless you are not only showing symptoms but have been potentially exposed to another person who is a positive test. We had a discussion with the Missouri health department today because we have to keep our facility up and running.

So how are all these asymptomatic people getting tested?
You notice who these people getting tested are right?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:41 PM 03-19-2020
Citing day to day increases is pointless as a measure of anything right now. A week ago it was nothing but complaints about a lack of testing so we know it wasn’t being reported accurately. All these increases day to day are not people that just got it but didn’t have it the few days before. It’s important to keep in mind because if you use these daily increases your predictions of growth are going to be greatly skewed leading to people claiming 25 million people in one state will have it in eight weeks.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 06:42 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Is he seriously sick?

Is he in a hospital?

The media reporting on every case of a high profile athlete being diagnosed with COVID-19 as “breaking news” is just adding to the hysteria.

Virtually every athlete who has been diagnosed with the virus has had minor or no symptoms.
I'm sure the fact that they're athletes in peak physical condition has a lot to do with the severity, or lack thereof, of their symptoms.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:42 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Ideally there’s just a lot of asymptomatic people with it and not showing symptoms

That would allow immunity to be built without a huge burden to health systems
Sounds like a crystal ball theory.

And one we shouldn’t test.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:43 PM 03-19-2020

[Reply]
lewdog 06:46 PM 03-19-2020
Reached out to a local distillery today. Running dangerously low in sanitation products at our facility.

Secured 15 gallons of “sanitizer” for our rehab! FDA lifted regulations and asked these places to start making sanitizers. Best part....it’s free!
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:46 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
You notice who these people getting tested are right?
Yea they seem to be able to cherry pick some weird people to be "positive" for no known reason.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 06:46 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by mac459:
No kidding they know more than us. I never said they were shutting things down for fun. I haven’t been able to keep up with this thread that well. Been busy lining up a funeral for a friend of mine who killed himself.

So I figured if you had numbers to go with what you said, I would like to see them. So I can start getting caught up with everyone else.

So get fucked, for your common sense comment.
Sorry to hear of your loss mac. That has to suck even more with everything else going on.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:48 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Herd immunity.

Allow the vast majority of the population who will have minor or no symptoms to COVID-19 to build a communal immunity to the virus through exposure and in the meantime target the social distancing to just the high risk group.
Isn't that exactly what the UK did before deciding to take all of the extra precautions?
[Reply]
O.city 06:48 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Sounds like a crystal ball theory.

And one we shouldn’t test.
Not really

There’s a basis to it. That’s essentially what we’re doing with all this quarantine and such stuff just at a much slower pace so things don’t bog down.
[Reply]
Strongside 06:51 PM 03-19-2020
The thing I worry about with regard to the notion that millions are walking around with this and are asymptomatic, is that we may actually build up a pretty good herd immunity, but that we'll prolong this societal halt longer than necessary because 3/4 of people will have had it but still be living under the assumption and fear that they haven't.
[Reply]
Spott 06:51 PM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Just got back from Sam's Club and they are OUT of Diet Dr. Pepper.

Had to buy Coke Zero.

These are dark times.
You gotta stop drinking pop. That shit is terrible for you.
[Reply]
Page 491 of 3903
« First < 391441481487488489490491 4924934944955015415919911491 > Last »
Up