Page 23 of 44
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Media Center>Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power
BigRedChief 05:38 PM 04-05-2018
Premieres Sept. 2nd

[Reply]
Bowser 07:47 AM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Reviews coming out are good, besides the 1 stars from the bitches. Considering that you are one of those bitches, then I don't find it surprising you won't watch it based on the bitches whining about black people and women heroes.

Fucking losers.
Tough guy simps on the internet are always amusing especially when they get all big mad, lol.

If I promise to sit down and watch it and legit not hate it, will you unblock me on Facebook?
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:36 AM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Tough guy simps on the internet are always amusing especially when they get all big mad, lol.

If I promise to sit down and watch it and legit not hate it, will you unblock me on Facebook?
Yes, I promise if you give it a chance I'll unblock you on FB.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:15 AM 09-05-2022
Yes, I promise if you give it a chance I'll unblock you on FB.
Sweet. Will you use your special powers to fix the shitty Harfoot segments of the show?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:34 PM 09-05-2022

Tolkien is turning in his grave

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) September 5, 2022

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 05:43 PM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by :
Amazon is reportedly putting a three-day delay on user reviews for all of its content on Prime Video, including the newly-released The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power. According to reports from Variety and Deadline, the delay is supposed to help stave off review bombing, or the act of flooding a particular show, movie, game, or book with negative remarks.

An Amazon representative told Variety that it put the policy in place to give the service time to evaluate whether a user review comes from an actual viewer — not a bot or troll looking to hijack the reviews section. Amazon introduced the policy earlier this summer, starting with its reboot of A League of Their Own, which contended with review bombers who opposed the show’s political stance....

Amazon’s putting a three-day pause on reviews for The Rings of Power
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:21 PM 09-05-2022
ready to watch tomorrow night and fucking unload on this POS!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
staylor26 08:33 PM 09-05-2022
Funny how genuinely good content doesn't get "review bombed".

I'm not saying review bombing doesn't happen, just that it tends to happen with stuff that isn't really good or just flat out terrible.

Why isn't HOTD getting review bombed like this? They race swapped an entire Westeros family.

But it's actually GOOD.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:54 PM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Funny how genuinely good content doesn't get "review bombed".
Oh, I can find many examples where that wasn't the case. Watchmen, for example, was a very good show review bombed by a bunch of idiots for allegedly not respecting Rorschach enough or something.

I still maintain that this show isn't good (so far), but that has nothing to do with the number of black elves or hobbits. It's just boring as hell so far and you don't care about anything that's going on.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:41 PM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Oh, I can find many examples where that wasn't the case.Watchmen, for example, was a very good show review bombed by a bunch of idiots for allegedly not respecting Rorschach enough or something.

I still maintain that this show isn't good (so far), but that has nothing to do with the number of black elves or hobbits. It's just boring as hell so far and you don't care about anything that's going on.
Bullshit. That's a very rare exception, and it's still only partly true.

It has an 8.2 on IMDB.

This show is getting horrible reviews on both IMDB and RT. That doesn't happen with great content. Blaming "review bombing" on that is 100% a cop out.
[Reply]
Bump 09:46 PM 09-05-2022
Reviews coming out are good, besides the 1 stars from the bitches. Considering that you are one of those bitches, then I don't find it surprising you won't watch it based on the bitches whining about black people and women heroes.

****ing losers.
didn't I say earlier in the thread that journalists would give it a 10/10 and user reviews would be much lower? It happens every time with this sort of stuff. Then some of the sites remove the negative reviews.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:49 PM 09-05-2022
Again, I will go back to the example of HOTD.

Showrunners literally said GOT was too white, and made an entire Westeros family that is critical to this storyline black. And to be honest, in this context, there's plot reasons why that probably wasn't the best choice given how these two families are supposed to look alike.

But the show is great. The main character from that family Corlyn has been great.

And somehow, it still has an 85% user rating on RT and an 8.8 on IMDB.

Where are the angry incels? It's almost like they won't bitch if you actually give them something they want.

If it's actually good, you don't have to worry about review bombing,
[Reply]
staylor26 09:54 PM 09-05-2022
You didn't hear many people complaining about The Batman having a black Catwoman and Jim Gordon.

You know why?

Those castings were fantastic and absolutely perfect.

You know what the Director and Producer didn't do? Tell everybody that they casted those two because of "diversity". They casted them because they were the best for the role. It had absolutely nothing to do with race. They didn't make it about that, so it never was about that.

Stop shoving propaganda and modern politics down our throat and just give us great content, especially with these beloved franchises. If it's good, you can cast whoever the fuck you want with likely very little bitching. There might be a few complainers, there always will be, but you certainly won't have to hide behind "review bombing".
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 06:42 AM 09-06-2022
“Evil cannot create anything new, they can only corrupt and ruin what good forces have invented or made” ― JRR Tolkien
[Reply]
HC_Chief 08:23 AM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You didn't hear many people complaining about The Batman having a black Catwoman and Jim Gordon.

You know why?

Those castings were fantastic and absolutely perfect.

You know what the Director and Producer didn't do? Tell everybody that they casted those two because of "diversity". They casted them because they were the best for the role. It had absolutely nothing to do with race. They didn't make it about that, so it never was about that.

Stop shoving propaganda and modern politics down our throat and just give us great content, especially with these beloved franchises. If it's good, you can cast whoever the **** you want with likely very little bitching. There might be a few complainers, there always will be, but you certainly won't have to hide behind "review bombing".
It's almost as though the viewing public sees through the DEI bullshit hollywood uses to mask terrible writing. :-)
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:39 AM 09-06-2022
i thought the 2nd episode was better, i hope it gets rolling though because it has been pretty boring so far. The black elf and the woman are the best characters so far.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 44
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up