ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 323
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official Chiefs VS Colts Divisional Round Playoff Game Thread ****
Mr. Flopnuts 10:23 PM 01-06-2019
You're a bunch of superstitious children. Enjoy the Lamar Hunt trophy game from Arrowhead Stadium 2 weeks from today. Their Luck ran out. Our time is now.
[Reply]
ROYC75 03:44 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The problem with this defense is penalties. Plain and simple. They're not as bad as their stats indicate. They've been atrocious at times and very good at times.

The problem is the penalties. How many times have seen a team convert a 3rd and long, after the Chiefs made the stop, via penalty? Think about all the excessive yardage that has come AFTER a penalty extended drive?

The best thing about the Playoffs thus far is that across the board it seems that refs are letting the teams play. Historically we've seen that, and we saw it again this past weekend.

If the Refs let the Chiefs play, we win this game.
Yep, if the yellow is flying against us, it's going to be a long and possible sad day. If the yellow is not flying, I just don't think the Colts will stay with us.

The Chiefs have to play mistake free football!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:44 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
I keep seeing people asking about this. This is from Andy's update today:

“Larry is making progress,” Reid said. “We have a little bit of time here with Larry to see how he does this week. Not till after this game do we have to declare anything. Other than that, the rest of the guys are pretty good to go.”

https://www.chiefs.com/news/andy-rei...-to-bring-your

We won't see him this week at all. Maybe next week but even then he may not be game ready.
I don’t think this rules him out. This is Reid just stating the facts given the rules as is.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:46 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Get there with 4. Send 5 occasionally.

The front 4 have to get there.
Yes.

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I know Indy has a good line, but the stats I posted last night show that they too have feasted on playing against very poor pass rushing teams.

It’s really fucking hard to run a pass play and not have at least one of Ford/Houston/Jones beating their man. Happens some, but not often.
And yes.
[Reply]
ROYC75 03:46 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I know Indy has a good line, but the stats I posted last night show that they too have feasted on playing against very poor pass rushing teams.

It’s really ****ing hard to run a pass play and not have at least one of Ford/Houston/Jones beating their man. Happens some, but not often.
This is exactly what most fans, so called experts are forgetting! Something tells me O'Daniel may just be keying on Mack all game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:47 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
This is exactly what most fans, so called experts are forgetting! Something tells me O'Daniel may just be keying on Mack all game.
DOD is hobbled a bit.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:49 PM 01-08-2019
I wouldn't be worried about Mack catching the ball. You should be worried about Hynes.
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:05 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We dominated bad QB’s like Keenum, Bortles, Carr, Dalton and Rosen.

This defense has been roasted by good QB’s like Brady, Goff, Rivers and Wilson.
I didn't say we were going to dominate or anything close to it. I'm just saying your assertion the defense failed to close games "Every.Single.Time." is just false.

I get it, the defense worries me too, but they have played well above their season averages the last 2 home playoff games and they have been much better at home this season. :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 04:06 PM 01-08-2019
Have to give the Colts and Reich credit. I’m very envious of their staff.

Margus Hunt was a bust in Cincinnati. They signed him and now he’s got 5 sacks and looks really good. Same for Pierre Desir. Same for Denico Autry. Same for Kenny Moore.

And that’s not even getting into Darius Leonard.

**** me man. Coaching matters so goddamn much. Our defense would be so much better if it was simply coached well.
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:06 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
DOD is hobbled a bit.
"He's got a calf."
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:10 PM 01-08-2019

Margus Hunt was a bust in Cincinnati. They signed him and now he’s got 5 sacks and looks really good. Same for Pierre Desir. Same for Denico Autry. Same for Kenny Moore.

**** me man. Coaching matters so goddamn much. Our defense would be so much better if it was simply coached well.
I guess Sutton getting Allen Bailey to 6 sacks should garner him coach of the year then?

Colts played 1 top 10 defense this season and got pounded for 38 points.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:11 PM 01-08-2019

pump the brakes a little. They played one, I repeat, one top 10 offense all year...
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:11 PM 01-08-2019

They don’t ask them to do too much. They know they aren’t overly skilled so they keep it simple.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:14 PM 01-08-2019

Dude, Chris Jones had a sack in 11 straight games. Allen Bailey had a career-best 6 sacks. Dee Ford had his best season as a Chief. That knife cuts both ways.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:14 PM 01-08-2019

It also helps a play a last place schedule against a lot of shitty QB's. Great way to pad stats for mediocre players.

Luck padded his stats against some very weak teams. What was his Signature win this year- was that last week where he was good for the first half then disappeared?

The Chiefs are battle tested against the best teams, on the road, toughest schedule and top defenses. We will dominate these clowns.
[Reply]
JoeyChuckles 04:46 PM 01-08-2019
I just did some research and found that Frank Reich is a Jr., so he's only the Second Reich.

We have nothing to worry about until his son takes over.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 323
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Up