ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Blowfish got Whacked
gblowfish 01:14 PM 02-04-2023
I lost my job yesterday.

Didn't really get "fired." More like laid off. They told me they couldn't afford to pay me any more, and end of February would be my last day.

I'm a free agent. If anybody here in the KC area could use a guy like me in customer service, or a work from home deal, I'm open to just about anything. I'd been with my employer for 16 years, and with my previous employer before that for 20. I've been in media manufacturing for 36 years. First time I've been unemployed since 1985. It's a little scary. Have no idea what I'll do next. But it's also kind of exciting, as I can go and do just about anything. I just hope it doesn't take a long time to get somebody to take a chance on me. If you guys have any leads for me, pm me for my cell or email to gblowfish@comcast.net. I've got a resume I can send you.

Thanks for the good mojo. I'm a little blue this weekend as you can imagine.

Mrs. B took me to dinner last night, then we saw "A Man Called Otto" with Tom Hanks. Geez...what a laugh riot. I haven't chuckled that much since I saw "Schindler's List!" I feel so much better now.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:14 PM 02-24-2023
Glad to hear George. Sounds like a Less stressful job too. Give you some more time to write for Arrowhead Kingdom.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:42 AM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Nice work, George!

Might as well go the PB route and add a 3rd job.
Only reason people work 3 jobs is they don't want to be home.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:20 AM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Only reason people work 3 jobs is they don't want to be home.
PB is in a marriage where he gets laid once a year, only on his birthday.
[Reply]
neech 09:30 AM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
And his wife has him on a 5 minute time limit at that.

Hurry up I have laundry to do she says.
[Reply]
oldman 10:12 AM 02-25-2023
Good deal George! Do you get to pat down anybody before they pass by the front desk? Asking for all the pervs here.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:24 AM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Originally Posted by neech:

This explains why he’s a grouchy incel.

I’d fake my death if I was married to a wife that put out 1x/year.
[Reply]
srvy 12:49 PM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
This explains why he’s a grouchy incel.

I’d fake my death if I was married to a wife that put out 1x/year.
Sounds more like you Disbelize.
[Reply]
Spott 01:04 PM 02-25-2023

Damn, he must have married my ex-wife. At least she found happiness by finding someone else to make miserable.
[Reply]
gblowfish 08:18 PM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by oldman:
Good deal George! Do you get to pat down anybody before they pass by the front desk? Asking for all the pervs here.
No, but if I see something suspicious, I call the real bank cops and they deal with it. I may have to calm down a few homeless people who may wander in, but I'm curiously patient with the less fortunate. I'm a bleeding heart commie libtard, y'know.

I go active with the bank gig on March 6th. Sharon went clothes shopping with me today, because I have to dress better than the homeless that wander in. It was kind of like going clothes shopping with my mom back in high school. "Here, try this on. It'll look good on you." "Aw ma.... It's salmon. I hate salmon!"

I landed fine on my AV gig too, start working as a National Sales Contract Hitter on March 15th. Getting all set up for that next week. I'll be busier than ever.

And I am amazingly grateful to the man upstairs for looking out for me.
[Reply]
gblowfish 08:24 PM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
Crazy thought but if you still have connections in the business maybe open your own place with a few young college grads learning the ropes from you.
No no no no no, I don't wanna be the boss of anybody! Don't wanna spend 80 hours a week trying to run a small business. Too old and too jaded for that. What I've arranged is PERFECT, except for having to get up early. But that's OK. I worked Midnight to 6AM doing radio for five years. I was in my 20's then, but... I just bought a really obnoxiously loud alarm clock today so I'm good.
[Reply]
scho63 11:52 PM 02-25-2023
Chiefs win ANOTHER Super Bowl and GBlowfish lands TWO jobs!

It's a Festivus Miracle!!! :-)
[Reply]
Stryker 01:22 AM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
No, but if I see something suspicious, I call the real bank cops and they deal with it. I may have to calm down a few homeless people who may wander in, but I'm curiously patient with the less fortunate. I'm a bleeding heart commie libtard, y'know.

I go active with the bank gig on March 6th. Sharon went clothes shopping with me today, because I have to dress better than the homeless that wander in. It was kind of like going clothes shopping with my mom back in high school. "Here, try this on. It'll look good on you." "Aw ma.... It's salmon. I hate salmon!"

I landed fine on my AV gig too, start working as a National Sales Contract Hitter on March 15th. Getting all set up for that next week. I'll be busier than ever.

And I am amazingly grateful to the man upstairs for looking out for me.
Yes and deed! The man upstairs did look out for you! Congrats GB! :-)
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:13 AM 02-26-2023

And she nakes him wear a blindfold and replaces the pussy with room temperature ground beef.

Aa far as he knows she's been steady bleeding for years.
[Reply]
gblowfish 05:24 PM 03-08-2023
Started my new gig at the bank HQ this week. Going pretty well, except I have to learn the names of like 200 people! Kind of like a kid who's family moves and he has to start at a new school and knows nobody. I had two people there that I knew before. But I've learned a lot. Met a lot of interesting street folks who wander in off Minnesota Ave. It's going to be an adventure, but so far so good. I hate getting up early, but getting off by 4pm rocks. I think I'm actually going to like this a lot. Everybody's been really nice to me and I feel like I'm going to be easily accepted into the family. I'm even opening a bank account there tomorrow :-) I'm just so thankful that everything worked out.
[Reply]
srvy 05:52 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Started my new gig at the bank HQ this week. Going pretty well, except I have to learn the names of like 200 people! Kind of like a kid who's family moves and he has to start at a new school and knows nobody. I had two people there that I knew before. But I've learned a lot. Met a lot of interesting street folks who wander in off Minnesota Ave. It's going to be an adventure, but so far so good. I hate getting up early, but getting off by 4pm rocks. I think I'm actually going to like this a lot. Everybody's been really nice to me and I feel like I'm going to be easily accepted into the family. I'm even opening a bank account there tomorrow :-) I'm just so thankful that everything worked out.
Just remember when the bullets fly you're first in the sights as they figure you are armed to the teeth.

Do you know what happed to the old greeter?:-)
[Reply]
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Up