ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 22
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson Suspended 6 Games [increased to 11 games]
PHOG 07:19 AM 08-02-2022
I guess I don't understand why it couldn't have been 6 games per victim. I understand they (NFL) only pursued 4 victims in the case, but why couldn't it have been, "Ok, victim 1 = 6 games, victim 2 = 6 games, victim 3 = 6 games, victim 4 = 6 games. 24 games total, with no contact permitted with the NFL during suspension." :-)
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:29 AM 08-02-2022
Bodily fluids use to be a deadly weapon. Science, next year BFs may cure tomato leaf rot
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:05 PM 08-03-2022
Watson's team and the NFLPA already threatened to take it to court if the NFL appealed. Could get very interesting.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:09 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Watson's team and the NFLPA already threatened to take it to court if the NFL appealed. Could get very interesting.
Take it to court, go ahead. If history is any indication the NFL will still win.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:44 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Take it to court, go ahead. If history is any indication the NFL will still win.
It will be interesting when the nflpa goes scorched earth and draws more attention to the owner investigations they are actively trying to cover up. The owners don’t have nearly the kind of leverage. And Sue Robinson undoubtedly sided more with the nflpa knowing that goodell set this ridiculous double standard in place
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:50 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It will be interesting when the nflpa goes scorched earth and draws more attention to the owner investigations they are actively trying to cover up. The owners don’t have nearly the kind of leverage. And Sue Robinson undoubtedly sided more with the nflpa knowing that goodell set this ridiculous double standard in place
I doubt they touch it. NFLPA wants no part of bringing heat onto the hand that feeds.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:18 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I doubt they touch it. NFLPA wants no part of bringing heat onto the hand that feeds.
The nflpa pushed for 0 games. And indicated they’d sue if the nfl appealed. That says to me that they don’t care if it damages the leagues reputation.

I think they’d absolutely bite the hand that fed them. If it sets a permanent standard that the nfl can no longer arbitrarily dish out punishment. Or if it takes owners leverage away to do whatever the fuck they want without consequence.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:50 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Also have to wonder if they'll point out the Texans not only enabled the behavior, but streamlined the process for him by providing hotel rooms, massage tables, and other support for him and effectively got with nothing.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:11 PM 08-03-2022
Also have to wonder if they'll point out the Texans not only enabled the behavior, but streamlined the process for him by providing hotel rooms, massage tables, and other support for him and effectively got with nothing.
Don't forget the NDA that they wrote up for him to keep his victims silent.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 03:09 PM 08-03-2022
Zero chance Watson risks losing chunks of his 45M salary next year vs whatever of his 1M salary this year. Unless they hit him with a huge fine now as well, which I heard they might do due to that contract structure.
[Reply]
TLO 03:21 PM 08-03-2022
scrolling fast.

[Reply]
TLO 03:28 PM 08-03-2022
if the OP could go ahead and add that.

Thanks
[Reply]
SupDock 04:07 PM 08-03-2022

The NFL has appealed Cleveland Browns QB Deshaun Watson’s six-game suspension for sexual misconduct. pic.twitter.com/yN8eKAVfzu

— The Recount (@therecount) August 3, 2022

I know the tweet isn’t new, but in the clip he mentions looking toward and indefinite suspension.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:15 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by SupDock:

I know the tweet isn’t new, but in the clip he mentions looking toward and indefinite suspension.
What cracks me up about this is that the NFL (Goodell) appealed this and now Goodell, or someone he chooses, gets to hear that appeal.

I hope the scum bag gets at minimum a year. I really wish he'd get a lifetime ban, but that won't happen.

Also Cleveland is run by one scummy fuckin dude.
[Reply]
jettio 04:12 PM 08-03-2022
It would be something if that one case that has not settled goes to trial. If that case is same lawyer and the fact that it is not settled has something to do with the merits and not some unique stubbornness of the plaintiff, that could really be something if there is a trial after all.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 22
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up