ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about UDFA Devon Key
staylor26 08:43 PM 06-16-2021

Chiefs finished day 2 of their minicamp a few minutes ago with 300 fans at the facility.

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif & Devon Key received more repetitions.

Chiefs offense worked on short passes. Chris Jones & Frank Clark had strong repetitions together. https://t.co/9BWboPEMUI

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) June 16, 2021

Chiefs' UDFA Safety Devon Key scored a 9.02 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 75 out of 757 SS from 1987 to 2021. https://t.co/Mvm0BculYs #RAS via @Mathbomb

— Kent Swanson (@kent_swanson) June 16, 2021

Judging by pics, he’s even getting reps with the starters. When that happens this early for an UDFA, it’s a good indicator that they have a very good shit of making the 53 man roster and having an impact.

From scouting reports, he sounds like a LB/S hybrid with great speed and above average athleticism.

Could be Sorenson’s replacement after this year. Definitely a guy to keep our eye on in TC and the preseason.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:27 AM 08-15-2021
It's clear Key's comfort zone is playing in the box. His big mistake came deep in coverage. So there's a lot of room to grow. He's gotta be more well rounded. That's exactly what the Chiefs are doing by playing him in the back end.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 08:35 AM 08-15-2021
Hopefully, with Key's smarts, the preseason is the perfect time for that error to occur. Now that Key has seen that route, he most certainly would have to play that better the next time.

I actually thought Hughes was in a great trail position on that play, and if Key stayed over the top, that receiver wouldn't be an option. Simply a poor angle that can be fixed with a little more coaching during the film session.....
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:08 PM 08-15-2021
Not sure that Key is a Lock to make this team.
[Reply]
srvy 01:37 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
Not the best night for him, but he's an UDFA with talent. Let's see what happens over the next couple games before we banish him from the Kingdom.
Andy said it best with a smile in his presser. Kid bit on the double move he is smart he will learn.

Andy also had a new saying I never heard before. On Trey Lance's deep ball for td he called it the firecracker lol.
[Reply]
srvy 01:40 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
If so, they won't be able to hide him, so they better plan a nagging injury to hide on IR.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:52 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by tmax63:
He got burned. It looked like he forgot that he was in the NFL for a second where he can't take the same angle he did when he was at WKU.
He bit on the fake.
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 02:10 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Andy said it best with a smile in his presser. Kid bit on the double move he is smart he will learn.

Andy also had a new saying I never heard before. On Trey Lance's deep ball for td he called it the firecracker lol.
Double move was what my memory said but wanted to see it again before I send anything.

Glad I was not crazy. (About that anyway.)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:32 PM 08-15-2021
Want to make a bet on it? Chose your wager…..
[Reply]
thabear04 06:47 PM 08-15-2021
Maybe might make the PS and be one of those guys you can’t steal.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:26 PM 08-15-2021
I appreciate the pun
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:22 AM 08-16-2021
He bit on a double fake. One bad play. The rest of the night he was pretty good, and a sure tackler. Nothing to worry about.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:37 AM 08-16-2021
I’d like to see Key unlock his full potential
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:46 PM 08-23-2021
So am I the only one on this board that thinks UDFA Key has already shown enough potential to not let him go to another team and in two years, he’s a starter?
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:04 PM 08-27-2021
Sooo... is this guy still worth a shit? Or nah...?
[Reply]
KC Hawks 09:08 PM 08-27-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Sooo... is this guy still worth a shit? Or nah...?
Based on that last play...nope.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up