ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about UDFA Devon Key
staylor26 08:43 PM 06-16-2021

Chiefs finished day 2 of their minicamp a few minutes ago with 300 fans at the facility.

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif & Devon Key received more repetitions.

Chiefs offense worked on short passes. Chris Jones & Frank Clark had strong repetitions together. https://t.co/9BWboPEMUI

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) June 16, 2021

Chiefs' UDFA Safety Devon Key scored a 9.02 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 75 out of 757 SS from 1987 to 2021. https://t.co/Mvm0BculYs #RAS via @Mathbomb

— Kent Swanson (@kent_swanson) June 16, 2021

Judging by pics, he’s even getting reps with the starters. When that happens this early for an UDFA, it’s a good indicator that they have a very good shit of making the 53 man roster and having an impact.

From scouting reports, he sounds like a LB/S hybrid with great speed and above average athleticism.

Could be Sorenson’s replacement after this year. Definitely a guy to keep our eye on in TC and the preseason.
[Reply]
FAX 08:10 PM 08-05-2021
Very impressed with this guy.

All ball.

It's interesting that Wally gave him the ol' ring-a-ding as the draft was winding down in order to let him know that, should he go undrafted, the Chiefs would love to have him in camp.

It's the little things in life that make a big difference.

Key can learn from Badger and Sorenson ... 2 guys any young safety would kill to have as mentors.

I think Key is a lock ... and I have very high hopes.

FAX
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:12 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by FAX:
Very impressed with this guy.

All ball.

It's interesting that Wally gave him the ol' ring-a-ding as the draft was winding down in order to let him know that, should he go undrafted, the Chiefs would love to have him in camp.

It's the little things in life that make a big difference.

Key can learn from Badger and Sorenson ... 2 guys any young safety would kill to have as mentors.

I think Key is a lock ... and I have very high hopes.

FAX
He also offered him 1/3 of his Z-man (approximately half was already gone).
[Reply]
Mecca 08:48 PM 08-05-2021
Considering his competition is basically Watts and Parks he has a good shot.
[Reply]
FAX 09:25 PM 08-05-2021
Well ... I say we support the young guy and offer him encouragement and positive thoughts.

Had we done that with Bobby Sippio, he might have avoided arrest for attempted murder, armed robbery, aggravated battery, and kidnapping.

After all ... the life you save may be your own.

FAX THE FORWARD THINKER
[Reply]
Dante84 05:57 PM 08-11-2021
I've been trying to find Devon Key highlights to watch in advance of the Preseason games, and while I haven't found a great Youtube video, I did find a couple random videos on Twitter.

The athleticism & concentration on this Devon Key INT is awesome. pic.twitter.com/TcZoqEbCw6

— Moonshine Throwdown (@MoonShineTD) November 18, 2018

Devon Key (top hash) is a physical, downhill safety. He's an willing participant in the run game with a quality athletic profile (9.02 RAS).

There's work to be done in coverage, but the athletic profile and flashes are there. pic.twitter.com/JvFTlHtFW7

— Kent Swanson (@kent_swanson) June 17, 2021

Hilltoppers Safety Devon Key wins C-USA Defensive player of the week as well pic.twitter.com/RGHLPeHfqD

— Jeff Lightsy Jr. (@jlightsy7) November 11, 2019

Fiery. Competitive. Smart. ��

Just a few ways to describe @WKUFootball's Devon Key, a team leader for the Hilltoppers. #GoTops #WKU pic.twitter.com/uXXvAvaeNT

— Stadium (@Stadium) September 21, 2019

Safety, Devon Key, out of Western Kentucky University at the 2021 @CGSAllStar. @NetworkBrawl #CGS2021 @Dev2Key @WKUFootball #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/O7v8KQNlP9

— Josh Cavalcante (@jcav_8) January 25, 2021

They say football is a game of inches. Look at this close this was to being an interception by WKU's Devon Key pic.twitter.com/BrJoXOqnwe

— Dominique Yates (@RealDYates) September 16, 2018

The defense makes a stand!

On 3rd and 3, Mack is stacked up and pushed back for no gain. Liberty keeps the offense out, and Willis comes up short on a keeper.

Damon Lowe (@MrPrime52) and Devon Key (@Dev2Key) combined to make the stop!

WKU 17, Liberty 17
5:30 left 3Q pic.twitter.com/Jjtx5UAHUU

— Red Towel Radio (@redtowelradio) September 19, 2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:59 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
This kids our eventual badger replacement if he is as smart as they say.
watch his presser at camp on you tube. You can tell, it’s obvious, the dude is smart as ****.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:12 PM 08-11-2021
Dante is our mf mvp
[Reply]
rockymtnchief 09:33 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
watch his presser at camp on you tube. You can tell, it’s obvious, the dude is smart as ****.
In one of the interviews I read, an ex-coach was talking about how players are on social media or playing games on their phones during their free time. Not Key. He's on his phone checking the stock market or the news.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:10 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yes, he comes off like no situation is too big.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:01 AM 08-15-2021
Sooooo...

[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:38 AM 08-15-2021
Thought his play recovered well after that touchdown. Probably a project guy you keep at the back end of the roster and develope him like Sorenson
[Reply]
oldman 06:26 AM 08-15-2021
Not the best night for him, but he's an UDFA with talent. Let's see what happens over the next couple games before we banish him from the Kingdom.
[Reply]
tmax63 07:07 AM 08-15-2021
He got burned. It looked like he forgot that he was in the NFL for a second where he can't take the same angle he did when he was at WKU.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:24 AM 08-15-2021
One bad error but did he let it effect him? Nope..he actually played very well after that and made some key tackles down the stretch. I remember seeing Tyrann get burned like that against Philly when he was playing for the Texans...it happens.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:40 AM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
Not the best night for him, but he's an UDFA with talent. Let's see what happens over the next couple games before we banish him from the Kingdom.
One bad play doesn't do shit to hurt his chances to play 50% of the snaps this year. He played great after that boneheaded play.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up