ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about UDFA Devon Key
staylor26 08:43 PM 06-16-2021

Chiefs finished day 2 of their minicamp a few minutes ago with 300 fans at the facility.

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif & Devon Key received more repetitions.

Chiefs offense worked on short passes. Chris Jones & Frank Clark had strong repetitions together. https://t.co/9BWboPEMUI

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) June 16, 2021

Chiefs' UDFA Safety Devon Key scored a 9.02 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 75 out of 757 SS from 1987 to 2021. https://t.co/Mvm0BculYs #RAS via @Mathbomb

— Kent Swanson (@kent_swanson) June 16, 2021

Judging by pics, he’s even getting reps with the starters. When that happens this early for an UDFA, it’s a good indicator that they have a very good shit of making the 53 man roster and having an impact.

From scouting reports, he sounds like a LB/S hybrid with great speed and above average athleticism.

Could be Sorenson’s replacement after this year. Definitely a guy to keep our eye on in TC and the preseason.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:07 PM 08-04-2021
I look forward to seeing where he lands after the late August cuts.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:21 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by bobhill:
Is Keys fast or is slow on coverage?
Ran a 4.45. That's fast for a guy his size.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:40 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I look forward to seeing where he lands after the late August cuts.
You think a guy that has consistently been working with the 1s isn’t going to make the team?
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:55 PM 08-04-2021
Armani Watts missed practice- shocking!
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:14 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You think a guy that has consistently been working with the 1s isn’t going to make the team?
It's happened before. Remember Arrion Springs?

I'm not shitting on Devon Key, btw, only just saying if he's good, then he's good. The unit reps he's been taking in training camp alone don't make him immune to getting cut
[Reply]
staylor26 11:20 PM 08-04-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
It's happened before. Remember Arrion Springs?

I'm not shitting on Devon Key, btw, only just saying if he's good, then he's good. The unit reps he's been taking in training camp alone don't make him immune to getting cut
I’m aware that there are potential outliers, but when an UDFA rookie is consistently getting reps with the 1s as early as OTA’s, and continues to do so in TC, he’s MUCH more likely to make the team than not.

I don’t have high expectations for him at all, but it seems very unlikely that he doesn’t at least make the team.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 12:18 AM 08-05-2021
Apparently this dude is crazy smart. Like picks everything up off first glance and moves on type shit. Would have to imagine Spags isn’t going to want to let that go, especially if he isn’t being exposed as a weakness when he’s out there with 1’s.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:25 AM 08-05-2021
This kids our eventual badger replacement if he is as smart as they say.
[Reply]
Shoes 09:16 AM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Does this mean we can finally flush that turd Dorian O’Daniel?
I was dead set that Dorian O'Daniel was going to be a stud when we drafted him.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08-05-2021, 12:14 PM
This message has been deleted by BigRedChief. Reason: dupe
staylor26 12:20 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
How did every team pass on him 7 times, including ours? What was the concern?

He had multiple offers after the draft but he just said at a presser that it was a phone call from Reid that sealed the deal for him to come here. That dude is obviously very smart and already has the Mahomes speak to the press spiel down. Impressive.
The simple answer? Small school and the pandemic.

Similar to Wharton last year.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:34 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
How did every team pass on him 7 times, including ours? What was the concern?

He had multiple offers after the draft but he just said at a presser that it was a phone call from Reid that sealed the deal for him to come here. That dude is obviously very smart and already has the Mahomes speak to the press spiel down. Impressive.
Typically it’s usually something to do with lack of size/speed at a certain position or coming from a small program.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:35 PM 08-05-2021
Key will call 2 cities home in his NFL career: Kansas City and Canton
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08-05-2021, 12:38 PM
This message has been deleted by BigRedChief. Reason: dupe
OKchiefs 12:44 PM 08-05-2021
Safety isn’t exactly one of the deepest positions on the roster, sounds like he has a great chance to make the roster.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:49 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Safety isn’t exactly one of the deepest positions on the roster, sounds like he has a great chance to make the roster.
He is making the roster. For sure. No doubt.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:18 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
Apparently this dude is crazy smart. Like picks everything up off first glance and moves on type shit. Would have to imagine Spags isn’t going to want to let that go, especially if he isn’t being exposed as a weakness when he’s out there with 1’s.
Watch his presser today. The dude is obviously smart.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up