ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 110 of 333
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120160210 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Mecca 11:19 AM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
The Royals have not remotely earned that trust, they can't even fix their own guys.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:26 AM 05-08-2023
Serious question. Has Piccolo made a single roster move that doesn't at least give you a bit of pause and make you think 'what the f...' yet?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:29 AM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Serious question. Has Piccolo made a single roster move that doesn't at least give you a bit of pause and make you think 'what the f...' yet?
Not really, so far he's basically Dayton Moore light, he fired Matheny and Eldred that's all he's done different.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:35 AM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Not really, so far he's basically Dayton Moore light, he fired Matheny and Eldred that's all he's done different.
and, that was driven by ownership that wanted a house cleaning. I'm not giving JJ any credit for that. Now, he'll live and die by the Matt Quatraro hiring and the development or lack thereof in our farm system being able to contribute at the MLB level
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:36 AM 05-08-2023
Yeah, but any one of us could've done that nonsense. Who he gets to replace them with is the actual issue and instead of marginal improvement we seem to have bottomed out even worse. I know this was going to be a long and arduous rebuild even best case scenario, but I was at least expecting a hint of immediate competence from the team, not being right back in the lowest dregs.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:40 AM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah, but any one of us could've done that nonsense. Who he gets to replace them with is the actual issue and instead of marginal improvement we seem to have bottomed out even worse. I know this was going to be a long and arduous rebuild even best case scenario, but I was at least expecting a hint of immediate competence from the team, not being right back in the lowest dregs.
To me the biggest problem is they kept the vast majority of the organization in tact. They didn't get outside of the organization for an assistant GM, they hired a new Manager and pitching coach.

That isn't starting over, or an organization reset, that is saying we think everything is fine just Dayton makes bad decisions and is to loyal...

So by and large nothing much changed.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 01:03 PM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
They replaced one shit player on the 40 man with another shit player.
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:32 PM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
They replaced one shit player on the 40 man with another shit player.
Sounds like a fair deal then. :-)
[Reply]
Al Bundy 02:35 PM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Sounds like a fair deal then. :-)
Yep, except they had to give up something to do so.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 03:13 PM 05-08-2023

We appreciate all the support for Ryan Yarbrough and the patience from fans and the media.

We're happy to share that Ryan is stable and improving and never lost consciousness. He sustained multiple non-displaced fractures, and we do not believe he will need surgery.

Ryan is…

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) May 8, 2023

[Reply]
Al Bundy 03:41 PM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
He is done for if not the season, the majority of it.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:22 PM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Meet the old boss, same as the new boss.
JJ a big thumper too? Surely he didn’t get to be behind Dayton without a strong anti masturbation stance
[Reply]
BWillie 06:23 PM 05-08-2023
Any1 hav a gif of yarbro takin 1 off the dome?
[Reply]
Valiant 06:28 PM 05-08-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
My argument would be drafting. The MLB changed the rules to a point that it undercut the expansive inroads the Royals made in Latin America (leading them to sign Salvy, Yordano and Herrera). The Royals needed to adjust after losing that advantage, and they just… never did?

They also put a ton of trust in the specific scout that found Manaea and it led to a catastrophic series of busts.

Add in that GMDM successfully developed 2 starting pitchers in 16 years, and it made the drafts where he exclusively went all in on SP (Lynch, Kowar, Singer, Bubic, Bowlan and Lacy) uniquely disastrous (the jury’s still out - but it’s looking grim).

I’d argue that one of the best things that happened for GMDM was that the heat was so hot after 2014’s bad start that he had to abandon almost all of his boys club to hire a Major League staff with experience (Waka, Eiland, Sveum) and when that era ended, he immediately reloaded with his guys again. It’s going to take a while to start a truly new era after the 2018-2022 years in the organization.
Still pisses me off mlb capped the royals on how they were investing in Latin America. But won't put a cap on the majors.
The royals literally started a pipeline. And baseball was oh hell no, no small market dominance.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:36 PM 05-08-2023
The defense has gotten so much better adding Garcia at 3rd and Pratto at 1st.
[Reply]
Page 110 of 333
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120160210 > Last »
Up