Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs vs Chargers: How The West Was Won
Hammock Parties 01:00 PM 11-25-2022
He won't let you down, Henry.

[Reply]
Raiderhater 03:58 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I considered this but decided against it, as it was a bit too much inside baseball.
That line is not insider baseball.

Originally Posted by :
Rio Bravo is too quiet for football music (though I do love it), and El Dorado sounds too much like a Mariachi band from the 60s. :-)

However, this is on my bucket list.

You misunderstand - I don’t mean the score (or just the score), I’m talking about the old school highlight videos with players and coaches imposed in actual movie scenes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:06 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhater:
That line is not insider baseball.
perhaps to you, but to the average person, it's just a little...weird?

Originally Posted by :
You misunderstand - I don’t mean the score (or just the score), I’m talking about the old school highlight videos with players and coaches imposed in actual movie scenes.
oh...well, that would be fun :-)
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:19 PM 11-26-2022
perhaps to you, but to the average person, it's just a little...weird?
I don’t think you give the popularity of that line quite enough credit. But, that’s my only argument, not that you SHOULD have used it, that’s ultimately up to you. I do think that line in the fake Mahomes voice would be funny though.

Originally Posted by :
oh...well, that would be fun :-)

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:55 PM 11-26-2022
I considered this but decided against it, as it was a bit too much inside baseball.

Rio Bravo is too quiet for football music (though I do love it), and El Dorado sounds too much like a Mariachi band from the 60s. :-)

However, this is on my bucket list.

The best part of the Red River soundtrack to use is the pissed off Dunson for one of the parts where the opponent is playing well or right before an inevitable Mahomes comeback...

Quasi-villainous John Wayne is the best John Wayne.

Love that movie. Hate that Mongtomery Cleft died so young - he was just outstanding in this movie.

Got in a car wreck that essentially wrecked his body, turned to drugs/alcoholism, turned into something of a trainwreck and finally his heart gave out when he was in his mid-40s. But the guy could act.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:28 PM 11-26-2022
god that's beautiful

you get a producer credit
[Reply]
scho63 05:29 PM 11-26-2022
You do put together some great videos Clay.

Ending was top notch! :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:39 PM 11-26-2022
god that's beautiful

you get a producer credit
Here's the full 'song'

That swell towards the end (the last 50 seconds or so where they're wailing on french horns) is just perfect for those 20-30 second spots where the other offense is on the move...

Then you could segue into the Cowboys soundtrack pretty damn well.

[Reply]
Pablo 05:53 PM 11-26-2022
Nice work Clay
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:12 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The best part of the Red River soundtrack to use is the pissed off Dunson for one of the parts where the opponent is playing well or right before an inevitable Mahomes comeback...

Quasi-villainous John Wayne is the best John Wayne.

Love that movie. Hate that Mongtomery Cleft died so young - he was just outstanding in this movie.

Got in a car wreck that essentially wrecked his body, turned to drugs/alcoholism, turned into something of a trainwreck and finally his heart gave out when he was in his mid-40s. But the guy could act.
For sure. From Tom Dunson in Red River to Ethan Edwards in The Searchers, Captain Ralls in Wake of the Red Witch (one of my John Wayne guilty pleasures), and even a shade of it in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance… When the Duke went just a bit dark, or even asshole like Sands of Jima, it’s when he was at his best. And people say he couldn’t act, pffft!
[Reply]
Lzen 06:34 PM 11-26-2022
Love it! That ending was brilliant.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:16 PM 11-26-2022
As someone who grew up on this show, thank you.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up