ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 163
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
bdj23 10:49 AM 11-14-2022
Can we stop pretending gays are oppressed in the USA?
[Reply]
bdj23 10:50 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
Jesus. Everyone always knew soccer wasn't straight. But to remove your country's flag/colors
Pretty much the same thing now days
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:51 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Can we stop pretending gays are oppressed in the USA?
Won't happen.

Pretending to be oppress is a moneymaker.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:52 AM 11-14-2022
This is more of a **** you towards Fifa and Qatar than anything else. The crest is only on warmup kits. Qatar obviously has a terrible record of human rights and FIFA allowing them to basically tell the players to shut up and play is going to get some major pushback and I’m all for it. This crest and the one love arm band that the European countries are using all have yet to be sanctioned by FIFA so they won’t be used in actual games without any punishment unless FIFA sanctions it. It’s putting pressure on FIFA to pick a side between the dirty money they made letting Qatar host or their hypocritical stance on Diversity and Inclusion.
[Reply]
bdj23 10:55 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
This is more of a **** you towards Fifa and Qatar than anything else. The crest is only on warmup kits. Qatar obviously has a terrible record of human rights and FIFA allowing them to basically tell the players to shut up and play is going to get some major pushback and I’m all for it. This crest and the one love arm band that the European countries are using all have yet to be sanctioned by FIFA so they won’t be used in actual games without any punishment unless FIFA sanctions it. It’s putting pressure on FIFA to pick a side between the dirty money they made letting Qatar host or their hypocritical stance on Diversity and Inclusion.
Take it up with Islam
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:56 AM 11-14-2022
How in the fuck is Carr4MVP allowed to even still post in the main forum? The guy brings nothing to sports talk discussions. He cries in lounge threads more than Carr cries on postgame podiums.
[Reply]
|Zach| 02:20 PM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
I once watched England and USA play in the world cup and the England goalie got scored on by a shot slowly rolling right to him on the ground. Most passes are struck with more pace. The guy whiffed and the goal scored and USA won.

It was pathetic by England. Embarassing.

I found out later that goaltending is just that bad in Europe cause they don't play many sports with their hands, so they arent good at using their hands. That's even more embarassing.

Robert Green was his name.
Literally nobody cares.

You seem to make posts in different places laboring under the idea that anyone seeks your perspective.
[Reply]
|Zach| 02:23 PM 11-14-2022
Closer the tournament gets the more I think it’s going to be a very big one for Tim Weah. I think this is his moment and he is ready for it.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 02:30 PM 11-14-2022
FIFA even tried to get Mexican supporters to stop this.

My favorite chant in world soccer.

[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:33 PM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
https://mobile.twitter.com/discloset...79254602924033

Focusing on the important things before Qatar.
Not sure why everyone is flying off the handle at you. Our soccer players spend as much time on being activists as they do playing soccer. They are an easy bunch to root against.
[Reply]
Womble 02:34 PM 11-14-2022
World cup kick off times are pretty decent for me. The games are mostly at either 3pm or 7pm so if a good match is on I'll just finish work early at 2.30. Think you lot might be getting a bit screwed though.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 04:26 PM 11-14-2022
Yeah these times are not great. As a teacher the summer was pretty much perfect. This is not so much, especially coaching hs hockey.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 04:33 PM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
How in the **** is Carr4MVP allowed to even still post in the main forum? The guy brings nothing to sports talk discussions. He cries in lounge threads more than Carr cries on postgame podiums.
Because I don't break the rules.

:-)
[Reply]
Spicy McHaggis 06:31 PM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Closer the tournament gets the more I think it’s going to be a very big one for Tim Weah. I think this is his moment and he is ready for it.
I very much feel this as well. One week!
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 03:06 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Would love that. He’s been playing really well for Lille and he’s really our only true winger. He brings so much when he’s in the lineup at RW. I’m very nervous to see the lineup Berhalter goes with. I’d say Pulisic at LW Adams at CDM Zimmerman at CB Robinson at LB and Turner at GK are really the only players I’m confident will be starting against Wales. The rest is up in the air and that’s kind of crazy at this point to have more than half your lineup not completely figured out. Maybe it’s not and I’m overthinking it. I guess it’s a problem a lot of national teams also have with a lot of talent to figure out the best 11.

My starting 11 would be:
Pulisic (LW) Sargent (ST) Weah (RW)
Aaronson (CM) Adams (CDM) McKennie (CM)
Robinson (LB) Ream (CB) Zimmerman (CB) Scally (RB)
Turner (GK)

Main subs I would use since we get 5 this year would be Reyna, Musah, Long, Ferreira, and the 5th would depend on how the game is flowing.

Honestly, you could easily swap Dest and Scally (I may just have a bundesliga bias towards him, but I think he’s a better defender than Dest and Dest can bring an extra spark as a sub that Scally wouldn’t if you need a goal) I think Reyna and Aaronson are pretty interchangeable too as starters so it will be interesting to see what we go with.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 163
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Up