ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 163
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
|Zach| 10:17 PM 11-09-2022
It would be annoying if Garreth Bale trots in and fucks our shit up.

He certainly made an impact in MLS Cup.

[Reply]
Hark Clunt 10:26 PM 11-09-2022
the world cup group stage is pretty much a crapshoot for middle of the pack countries. however with the way we've looked lately, i wouldn't be shocked if we don't advance. i think people underestimate iran a bit.

overall it should be a pretty wide open tournament. a lot of people seem to think argentina or brazil will win, but those two have become such bed shitters in modern times that it's very hard to feel confident picking them. denmark is a darkhorse to make a deep run imo.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 10:28 PM 11-09-2022
It looks like Jurgen Klinsmann was right.

Seventeen of the 26-man roster plays overseas.

Fuck the MLS.

Fuck the hipster American soccer fan that defied Klinsmann.
[Reply]
|Zach| 10:34 PM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
It looks like Jurgen Klinsmann was right.

Seventeen of the 26-man roster plays overseas.

**** the MLS.

**** the hipster American soccer fan that defied Klinsmann.
:-) Honestly had no idea you people existed still.

Guy let CONCACAF run a train on us and you want more of that. I had to stand there and watch Mexico beat us on our own soil in Columbus. He came in shitting on American soccer but ended up doing things the same exact boring way except without the wins when it mattered.

Hell the guy almost got Hertha Berlin relegated from Bundesliga what a joke.

https://www.starsandstripesfc.com/us...munich-germany
[Reply]
Ocotillo 10:37 PM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
:-) Honestly had no idea you people existed still.

Guy let a CONCACAF run a train on us and you want more of that. I had to stand there and watch Mexico beat us on our own soil in Columbus. He came in shitting on American soccer but ended up doing things the same exact boring way except without the wins when it mattered.

Hell the guy almost got Hertha Berlin relegated from Bundesliga what a joke.
Round of 16 showing in 2014 is optimal results. Don't shit on it.
[Reply]
|Zach| 10:42 PM 11-09-2022
Round of 16 showing in 2014 is optimal results. Don't shit on it.
Then what happened. Don't blame MLS because JK thought he was a better coach than he actually was.

It is honestly fun hearing your perspective I literally thought you people were gone. It has been years since someone had the balls to try and convince another human JK does not suck.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 10:44 PM 11-09-2022
Then what happened. Don't blame MLS because JK thought he was a better coach than he actually was.

It is honestly fun hearing your perspective I literally thought you people were gone. It has been years since someone had the balls to try and convince another human JK does not suck.
He doesn't suck.

World Cup champion as a player and third-place World Cup coach. I wish I had his life.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:50 PM 11-09-2022
I know I’m a homer since he’s a KC kid, but Erik Palmer Brown should be on this roster. He starts at CB in Ligue 1 and has been starting overseas for awhile now with a lot of good experience. I wish he could have gotten to the World Cup this year to build some experience for 2026. I don’t think Berhalter gave him enough of a chance.

I wonder if we are planning on using Weah or Reyna at Striker at all? I really don’t like anyone else. Obviously you want guys playing in their natural positions, but I feel like I trust Reyna to get us a goal way more than Ferreira/Sargent/Haji Wright. You can’t start him and Aaronson both at CAM. Weah did look really good as a RW, though so I don’t think you move him to Striker even though he has played it in the past….I don’t know…still so many questions and we really shouldn’t have to question things this much at this point. Hope somehow Haji Wright can continue his good form I guess. I don’t trust the form Ferreira is in at all.

Just happy to be in it again is the main thing. Will be rooting for the rest of CONCACAF as well. Hoping Canada has a good showing. Was happy to see Davies injury wasn’t as bad as they originally feared it would be.
[Reply]
|Zach| 10:50 PM 11-09-2022
He doesn't suck.

World Cup champion as a player and third-place World Cup coach. I wish I had his life.

[Reply]
TripleThreat 11:06 PM 11-09-2022
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Talking about the Canadian group lol Belgium and Croatia.
We were ranked higher than Croatia a few months before the group draw (which I thought was a joke) but yeah I would rather have England and Wales than Belgium and Croatia, and it’s not close. However as another poster said, Iran is a dark horse in our group for sure. But as we all know, every team in the group stage is a threat minus Qatar.
[Reply]
bdj23 12:18 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
We were ranked higher than Croatia a few months before the group draw (which I thought was a joke) but yeah I would rather have England and Wales than Belgium and Croatia, and it’s not close. However as another poster said, Iran is a dark horse in our group for sure. But as we all know, every team in the group stage is a threat minus Qatar.
Those fifa rankings don't mean dick. Belgium has been ranked #1 for like a decade and they haven't won anything.

Croatia still has talent, they're just getting old I believe.
[Reply]
Womble 06:57 AM 11-10-2022
Is Pulisic still the LeBron James of 'soccer'?
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 07:21 AM 11-10-2022
I think this team has a much higher ceiling than the Donovan/Dempsey teams. They are so young, talented, and playing in great leagues. If they ever find a good to great striker they are going to be a top ten team at worst, likely higher.
[Reply]
RocKhawks 07:24 AM 11-10-2022

Jurgen Klinsmann wasn't given a fair shot IMO. He was bringing a European style of play to the American team. It didn't catch on as quick as they liked, and the team wasn't winning like they were 20 years ago. Unfortunately he didn't have the star players like the teams in the mid to late 90's.

It made no sense to bring back Bruce Arena (who sucked the first time) to suck, YET AGAIN. Instead of letting it play out for a little while longer, you bring back something else that was worse. It's almost in comparison to not letting Spags defensive scheme setting in place, and then bring back Bob Sutton. Not to that degree, but you get my point.

Maybe I am biased because I am German, and love watching the German squad.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:28 AM 11-10-2022
I am glad Klinsman is gone because he is not American. No non-American should be able to hold a position on the National team.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 163
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Up