ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 163
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 02:51 PM 11-17-2022
Sadio Mane will officially miss the World Cup for Senegal. Never like to see players get hurt right before the World Cup-especially world class players like Mane.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 09:15 AM 11-18-2022

Statement on beer sales at #WorldCup stadiums 🏟️ on behalf of FIFA and Host Country 🇶🇦: pic.twitter.com/o4IEhboXks

— FIFA Media (@fifamedia) November 18, 2022

[Reply]
bdj23 10:15 AM 11-18-2022
I'm shocked that a bunch of tacky oil sheiks aren't taking the opportunity to charge fans 30 Euros for a beer.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 05:02 PM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
This Bud's NOT 4 YOU! When do they ban the fans for chanting **** Qatar? :-):-) Dumbest choice ever to host a World Cup. :-)
[Reply]
backinblack 05:11 PM 11-18-2022

[Reply]
louie aguiar 05:22 PM 11-18-2022
I’m sure all the fans will be heartened to know that Bud Zero will still be available.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:15 PM 11-18-2022
The military and civilian leadership make a big deal to not drink off base in Qatar. They won’t come and get you out of jail if you get caught until the court process is over in about a week. Of course the country are hypocrites. Every Qatar home I have been in has alcohol.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:16 AM 11-19-2022
https://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-wor...nishing-speech
[Reply]
TripleThreat 11:28 AM 11-19-2022
It's kind of crazy that Russia spent 14.6 billion which was the record back in 2018 on hosting their world Cup, and Qatar is estimated to have spent over 200 billion for this 2022 world cup.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 11:33 AM 11-19-2022
I don't get it - So they are banning alcohol from the stadiums, or outside of the stadiums in the surrounding perimeters?

Or are they saying everything is banned except BudZero?

I do find it odd to keep it to one singular beer, but offering just Beer & wine at the stadium would make the most sense. If people are going to want to hit the hard stuff, they will probably do it before entering the stadium and then keep the buzz up with beer/wine.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:08 PM 11-19-2022

[Reply]
Pablo 05:07 PM 11-19-2022
Seem like nice people over there in Qatar! Sure this will go off without a hitch.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:50 PM 11-19-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Not sure why everyone is flying off the handle at you. Our soccer players spend as much time on being activists as they do playing soccer. They are an easy bunch to root against.
Exactly. Hopefully they lose out.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 12:44 AM 11-20-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Exactly. Hopefully they lose out.
Dumb take - you guys must be living under a rock. Our players have no say in the “stripes” being lgbqt on their uniforms. If you actually think these pro athletes are spending their time advocating for shit like this, I really don’t know what to tell you.

This is the corporate and marketing side of the USA national team that is advocating and selling this point of view. I’m not going to bring my political view into this post but I also highly doubt that pulisic or McK are running into the corporate headquarters screaming they want their Jersey changed to rainbow colors. Give me a break.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 02:35 AM 11-20-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
Dumb take - you guys must be living under a rock. Our players have no say in the “stripes” being lgbqt on their uniforms. If you actually think these pro athletes are spending their time advocating for shit like this, I really don’t know what to tell you.

This is the corporate and marketing side of the USA national team that is advocating and selling this point of view. I’m not going to bring my political view into this post but I also highly doubt that pulisic or McK are running into the corporate headquarters screaming they want their Jersey changed to rainbow colors. Give me a break.
The American supporter group sucks too. That's why the marketing arm is doing this because it caters to them. A bunch of hipster, woke pussies that think they know soccer. They're the worst soccer supporter group in the world and it's not even close.

At least the Brits have some hardcore hooligans like the Millwall supporters.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 163
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Up