ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Please keep my sister and her family in your prayers if you are so inclined [RIP]
Fat Elvis 01:16 PM 11-06-2022
Just found out today that my sister's cancer has returned and has spread throughout her body. I just pray that God grant the doctors wisdom to help ensure that she continues to have a life of quality and as free from pain as possible. I know some of you believe in the power of prayer like I do, so I appreciate your consideration. For those who are inclined to lift her up in prayer, her name is Carol.

Thank you and God bless.

Fat E
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 10:11 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
A quick update on my sister. She has been in the hospital since this weekend, but it looks like they will be releasing her to go home this evening for palliative care. Her cancer isn't curable/treatable, but with certain interventions, there is some small hope that her life can be extended with a modicum of quality. I haven't had a chance to go up to see her since I've had a cold, but my other sisters say that, given the circumstances, she is in good spirits if not solemn as she prepares for the seemingly inevitable. I take great comfort knowing that she isn't living in fear. Even in her time of dire need, her first concern is for the welfare of others. If you've ever met her, you would know that is so "Carol." She was a special education teacher the latter part of her career, and she would help her students get scholarships so that they could continue their education after graduating. She is the type of person who would make donations to the local jail so that people transitioning back in the community would look decent and have some chance at employment and housing. Her life has been a living embodiment of Matt. 25:35-40...

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Thank you all for your prayers, they are greatly appreciated. We are still exploring all options.

Fat E
Carol sounds like an amazing person. Like the person many of us want to be but fall woefully short in most cases. Will say another prayer for her and your family as soon as I finish this post.

On a weirdly somewhat-related note - I'm reading the Bible from cover-to-cover for the first time in my life and I literally read Matthew 24-28 for the first time ever less than 24 hours ago. Keeps happening over and over. I'll read chapters in a book for the first time in my life and "out of the blue" someone will make reference to the exact book/chapter I read almost immediately thereafter. God does indeed work in mysterious ways.
[Reply]
scho63 10:30 AM 11-10-2022
Prayers again to your sister, you and the family.

Sounds like a wonderful person.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:26 PM 11-10-2022
Prayer sent hoping she finds peace knowing she is just taking another step. One everyone takes.
[Reply]
fan4ever 08:19 PM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Prayer sent hoping she finds peace knowing she is just taking another step. One everyone takes.
Couldn't say it better. Peace to you and your family.
[Reply]
Kman34 07:03 AM 11-11-2022
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
This… Prayers to you and your family..
[Reply]
HayWire 11:06 AM 11-11-2022
Amen....I've prayed for her and you as well.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:15 AM 11-12-2022
Originally Posted by HayWire:
Amen....I've prayed for her and you as well.
I imagine an angel bringing God prayers for the day and sneaking a peak on the way up the stairs and they're like "....and Lord, also help HayWire, Zoner, TiddiesBjiggln, SturWurzNerd, TwerkGurl, and TDHolmes...."

"The fuck is this all about? This prick doesn't even know these people's names and he's....whatever...."
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:46 PM 11-12-2022
FAT E - for sure bud, prayers to her, you and all of your family bud. Hang in there!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:15 AM 11-13-2022
Still praying. Stay strong. And F cancer!
[Reply]
Katie 06:19 PM 11-13-2022
God bless you and your family! Faith will carry you through!
[Reply]
gratiaprex 09:40 PM 11-13-2022
Praying for you and your family.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18. "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

There's a song by Shane and Shane that was recommended to me when my father was suffering from cancer:

Though You Slay Me – Shane & Shane featuring John Piper
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 12:19 PM 11-14-2022
Thank you for your prayers. Got a small dose of good news this morning. My sister went in to see the doctor today and the blood work came back "steady" so she didn't need another blood transfusion today as expected. We will take these small victories as they come.

Prayer works.

Thank you.

Fat E
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:46 PM 11-14-2022
That is great news. Still praying...
[Reply]
gratiaprex 04:38 PM 11-14-2022
That's good to hear. Will be praying for your sister and the family...
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:22 PM 11-15-2022
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
Thank you for your prayers. Got a small dose of good news this morning. My sister went in to see the doctor today and the blood work came back "steady" so she didn't need another blood transfusion today as expected. We will take these small victories as they come.

Prayer works.

Thank you.

Fat E
Thanks for the update. Please keep them coming. Her, Haywire, and Nzoner are part of the daily prayer routine at this point.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up