ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 51
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Chargers
RunKC 05:37 PM 09-11-2022
Quick turnaround. Amazon’s new platformed TNF

First thought: love the offense now. Worries about injuries and OT’s. Mack and Bosa had a combined 4.5 sacks today. But they played the Raiders OL.

They won but nearly lost to a bad team. Very beatable IMO
[Reply]
O.city 08:15 AM 09-12-2022
Then why the hell are we predicting the CHargers to put up 34?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:16 AM 09-12-2022
Chargers haven't been too impressive on the road so far in Herbert's career. They did win in Arrowhead last year, but that was when the Chiefs' defense was playing historically terribly and LAC had a 4-0 turnover advantage. Still came down to a questionable call at the end.

I think KC wins by 10 or so.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:17 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Ultimately we still have a bunch of very young guys on D, and the Chargers are legit. They'll get theirs
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:20 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Ultimately we still have a bunch of very young guys on D, and the Chargers are legit. They'll get theirs
Exactly what I was going to say. There were some breakdowns yesterday, these guys are still getting their feet wet.
[Reply]
O.city 08:21 AM 09-12-2022
I mean, maybe. But the Raiders IIRC, have the same kind of thing in their secondary.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:24 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Romo pointed out a very interesting stat yesterday.

Last year the Chiefs used multiple TE sets (12 or 13 personnel) only 30% of the time. Yesterday the Chiefs used multiple TE’s over half of their snaps.

I really hope this is our new offense bc it’s way better long term. Every RB combined for 125 rush yards and over 5 YPC and a major part of that was having 3 good TE’s on the field.

Really really hope Andy keeps this offense as the staple hold bc it’s made for beating defenses like the Chargers

Using more 12 personnel is a thing I’ve been hoping to see since the Chiefs lost Super Bowl LV.

I’d like to see them have two well-rounded TEs who can do everything, and I’m not sure either Gray or Fortson really do that, but Reid has found a way to make it work.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:26 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Excellent question. And with Keenan Allen out, they surely will struggle to score on our revamped defense. I mean, yeah, Herbert is really good. Still, our defense will make it very difficult on them. This isn't the same defense as last year that was giving Mike Hughes important snaps.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:27 AM 09-12-2022
I think this will be a tough game. The Chargers are talented play KC close. They have just the right formula to beat KC as they can get to the QB with 4. I also have faith that Andy is aware of this and will scheme to prevent this. I don’t expect a KC blowout win, but no reason why KC can’t win this one.
[Reply]
scho63 08:27 AM 09-12-2022
We have NO weakness on offense, not a single one.

CEH blocked very well yesterday on blitzes.

I fear no one.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:28 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Excellent question. And with Keenan Allen out, they surely will struggle to score on our revamped defense. I mean, yeah, Herbert is really good. Still, our defense will make it very difficult on them. This isn't the same defense as last year that was giving Mike Hughes important snaps.
Herbert spread the ball well, though. Even with Allen out and the other usual guys not stepping up, they got big contributions from Carter and Everett.

I don't know that the Chargers score 30+ but I'd be surprised if they didn't score in the upper 20's.
[Reply]
scho63 08:28 AM 09-12-2022
I hope Butker is healed because this could come down to a FG.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:29 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
We have NO weakness on offense, not a single one.

CEH blocked very well yesterday on blitzes.

I fear no one.
He did miss a blitzer on the edge on one play that I recall. So, not perfect.
[Reply]
O.city 08:29 AM 09-12-2022
Am I wrong to be a bit worried about the Chiefs OL?

Mahomes was under pressure quite a bit yesterday.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:31 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly what I was going to say. There were some breakdowns yesterday, these guys are still getting their feet wet.
Except McDuffie. Nate Taylor pointed out before he got hurt that the kid was playing damn good.

I’m watching the condensed play on NFL+. Might sneak a peak when All22 releases tonight.

Oh and how about Thornhill?? He played maybe his best game as a Chief. Was so impressed with him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:32 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Except McDuffie. Nate Taylor pointed out before he got hurt that the kid was playing damn good.

I’m watching the condensed play on NFL+. Might sneak a peak when All22 releases tonight.

Oh and how about Thornhill?? He played maybe his best game as a Chief. Was so impressed with him.
Yeah I plan on watching the All 22 tonight. I want to see where the breakdowns actually were.

I hope McDuffie can give it a go on Thursday night.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 51
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up