ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 51
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Chargers
RunKC 05:37 PM 09-11-2022
Quick turnaround. Amazon’s new platformed TNF

First thought: love the offense now. Worries about injuries and OT’s. Mack and Bosa had a combined 4.5 sacks today. But they played the Raiders OL.

They won but nearly lost to a bad team. Very beatable IMO
[Reply]
Lzen 07:38 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
My only concern with Allegretti starting for a game or two is that we don’t have our cushion on the interior anymore. Now, the depth gets a little scary.

Smith may be fine, so it might not be a concern anyway.

I think Gay went back into the game almost immediately. Right?

McDuffie is the biggest concern. If the Chargers are without Allen, then I’d rest him if he’s at any risk of making it worse.
Gay looked like he had a cramp.

McDuffie's injury concerns me. Hamstrings can be a lingering issue. He may need to rest this week.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:39 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Mahomes was just as effective when they didn’t blitz him as when they did. So stop finding reasons to be dismissive.
I'm not being dismissive. I'm talking about football. I just read something by Next Gen Sports that Mahomes was blitzed on 54% of his drop backs, which was the highest any team has ever blitzed him. Which is quite funny to try such a strategy. I think it's fair to say the Chargers won't need to do that to get a pass rush. How to beat the Chiefs....you need speed rushers who can get to the QB without blitzing and send everyone out in coverage. I have no idea what Arizona was thinking in this game. So yes it's hard to take much away from this game where everyone in the NFL knows that you don't blitz Mahomes, well except for Vance Joseph.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:39 AM 09-12-2022
James was out the majority of that game. He only played 39% of the snaps and if you recall Kelce did most of his damage late and in OT when James wasn’t on the field.
Ah, ok. I couldn't remember but I did check the stats and it showed that he played so I didn't realize it was only part of the game.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:39 AM 09-12-2022
We are going to beat that ass.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:47 AM 09-12-2022
The bad:

There were some breakdowns in coverage yesterday that the Chargers will exploit.

The good:

The entire secondary is basically new. They're only going to get better.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:49 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm not being dismissive. I'm talking about football. I just read something by Next Gen Sports that Mahomes was blitzed on 54% of his drop backs, which was the highest any team has ever blitzed him. Which is quite funny to try such a strategy. I think it's fair to say the Chargers won't need to do that to get a pass rush. How to beat the Chiefs....you need speed rushers who can get to the QB without blitzing and send everyone out in coverage. I have no idea what Arizona was thinking in this game. So yes it's hard to take much away from this game where everyone in the NFL knows that you don't blitz Mahomes, well except for Vance Joseph.
Yeah, the whole blitzing strategy was unusual. And while I agree with Twisted Chief that Mahomes has gotten pretty good against zones, he's still better facing blitzes. That's where he really shines, and always has. I wonder if Vance felt like they have no chance with their young and backup DBs unless they tried to get lots of pressure. That's the only thing I can come up with the explain his gameplan.
[Reply]
In58men 07:50 AM 09-12-2022
From Ian

#Chargers WR Keenan Allen will have an MRI on his hamstring after being ruled out yesterday, source said. Given the quick turnaround, missing Thursday vs. the #Chiefs makes sense, but tests today will determine the full extent of the injury
[Reply]
O.city 07:50 AM 09-12-2022
I'm assuming Keenan Allen will be out and McDuffie as well.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:55 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm assuming Keenan Allen will be out and McDuffie as well.
Then it’s basically a wash. Probably a bigger loss for them though.

Rest McDuffie. It’s a marathon, not a sprint.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:58 AM 09-12-2022
Gay missed the first one as did Ward. We had Hughes on Mike Williams and that didn’t work out so well…
Yeah, I forgot about Ward missing.

The previous year, Herbert would have only seen our defense once. The second game, we rested everyone since the 1 seed was locked up.

That makes me feel pretty good about Spags confusing a young QB for a game.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:59 AM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Bosa and Mack against Brown and Wylie is a major ****ing problem. I see a lot of two and three TE sets to help mitigate
Romo pointed out a very interesting stat yesterday.

Last year the Chiefs used multiple TE sets (12 or 13 personnel) only 30% of the time. Yesterday the Chiefs used multiple TE’s over half of their snaps.

I really hope this is our new offense bc it’s way better long term. Every RB combined for 125 rush yards and over 5 YPC and a major part of that was having 3 good TE’s on the field.

Really really hope Andy keeps this offense as the staple hold bc it’s made for beating defenses like the Chargers
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:00 AM 09-12-2022
I'm just glad this game is at Arrowhead. Thursday night games heavily favor the home team. The Chargers are going to be a tough out, but I think we win a close one here 38-34
[Reply]
O.city 08:08 AM 09-12-2022
Do we think the Raider defense is better than KCs?
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:10 AM 09-12-2022
Nope.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:15 AM 09-12-2022
No

The faid are a non factor this year and will be lucky to finish 3rd in the division
[Reply]
Page 6 of 51
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up