Oct. 8: at Florida, time TBD

Oct. 15: Bye

Oct. 22: Vanderbilt, time TBD

Oct. 29: at South Carolina, time TBD

Nov. 5: Kentucky, time TBD

Nov. 12: at Tennessee, time TBD

Nov. 19: New Mexico State, time TBD

Nov. 25: Arkansas, 2:30 p.m.

I found the schedule, so I figured that now is as good of a time as any to start a new thread. Coach Drink has done well turning around the mess that Odom left behind. Solid recruiting has our best commit class in years coming in this year. The schedule isn't bad. A bowl game should be a given. I would like to see 9 -10 wins this year, with one of the wins coming against Arkansas. I really don't like losing to Odom.

Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz called it the best recruiting class ever for the Tigers.

Sure enough, Mizzou's current class is ranked No. 11 by ESPN, No. 14 by 247 Sports and No. 17 by Rivals, the highest in program history
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:49 AM 09-02-2022
I honestly have no idea who is decent to good anymore since the CFB conferences have been playing Red Rover with each other. Still had KSU pencilled in as a program in the doldrums but that's apparently not the case.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:26 AM 09-02-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Kansas State is a solid squad and MU can win that game, but they will have to be a lot more efficient in the passing game.
It should be a damn fun game - looking forward to it more than I expected to. KSU looks solid, Mizzou appears to have some interesting pieces.

Holy shit man, Luther Burden is goooooood. Him having some immediate success can only help with getting more guys like Ja'Marion Wayne and Joshua Manning going forward.

Beyond him, though, the Tigers are gonna need Mookie Cooper to step up and more consistent performances from Dominic Lovett. I think going all the way back to the Chase Daniel years, the difference between being a .500ish team and a real contender is the ability to roll 3 dangerous WRs out there. College defensive backfields are just thin. Many/most of them can handle 2 solid WRs but if you get a 3rd out there (especially if you have a TE that has to be accounted for - Mizzou really doesn't at the moment) it's just more pressure than they can handle.

But again, I guess that gets back to my initial concern regarding Cook - is he a guy that can really hurt them? I just don't think I see it. He looks like a fine QB for a middling ACC team but he just doesn't look like an SEC caliber QB to me.

This is an offense that still feels like it's a year away. Horn should be ready next year, Burden should be a year better. Lovett and Cooper will still be around, Manning will be here to press for playing time. Norfleet is the best TE recruit we've had in awhile. Drink's gonna need to hustle to round out this class though; not much going on in recruiting this year after what looked like a step forward season last year.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:36 AM 09-02-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Tell me you don’t follow college football, without telling me you don’t follow college football….
I don't follow it as closely as the NFL. But I do follow Mizzou and the SEC. But I couldn't care less about any team that plays in the state of Kansas, or the Big 12 for that matter.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:37 AM 09-02-2022
Only thing that gives me a bit of concern is how we're using Burden. He's going to get the shit beaten out of him the way we're using him and if he starts to not appreciate it he can just fuck off to the highest bidder. Hopefully that's how he wanted to be used and not something Drinkwitz foisted on him.
[Reply]
liquidlounge 08:52 AM 09-02-2022
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Eh. It's a warm up game against a weak opponent to get their feet wet. They need to improve for sure, but they have 2 more easy games to work the kinks out before they play Auburn.
A win against KSU would be a quality win for the Tigers. I don't see that being an "easy" game at all.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:59 AM 09-02-2022
Someone in the band really really loves Timmy Trumpet.
[Reply]
blake5676 09:07 AM 09-02-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Someone in the band really really loves Timmy Trumpet.
No shit :-)

The Diaz walkout song is already getting ruined by becoming trendy and viral. I think I heard the damn thing no less than 15 times during the Mizzou game last night.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:32 AM 09-02-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Tell me you don’t follow college football, without telling me you don’t follow college football….
Most on CP don't
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:45 AM 09-02-2022
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I don't follow it as closely as the NFL. But I do follow Mizzou and the SEC. But I couldn't care less about any team that plays in the state of Kansas, or the Big 12 for that matter.
Kansas State is a good Power 5 team and is arguably better than Mizzou is currently.

Arrogance doesn’t excuse ignorance.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:50 AM 09-02-2022
Damn man that Luther Burden kid... haven't seen someone like that in black and gold since J-Mac.

Next week should be fun. The interior o-line wasn't that great last night. So, hopefully they start to gel and improve as the season goes on. Because if we can't protect the qb or get any push on the interior, it'll be a long season offensively.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:57 AM 09-02-2022
DGB flashed that kind of ability in 2013 but certainly didn't look that good as a freshman in 2012.

It was the play downfield he almost made that was as impressive as anything. Showed great body control adjusting to a ball on a well defended pass. He just couldn't quite haul it in because...well he shouldn't have. It was D'd up.

And yeah, gotta see the OL play a little better. Mizzou's offensive lines have been steady for years but last night looked very work in progress. If you're gonna get that passing game working, you need to get Cook a little more time/space to work with. It isn't as though Cook is a basket full of tools out there - if you don't provide him support, he's going to look like Kirk Farmer out there.
[Reply]
Best22 12:12 PM 09-02-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
DGB flashed that kind of ability in 2013 but certainly didn't look that good as a freshman in 2012.

It was the play downfield he almost made that was as impressive as anything. Showed great body control adjusting to a ball on a well defended pass. He just couldn't quite haul it in because...well he shouldn't have. It was D'd up.

And yeah, gotta see the OL play a little better. Mizzou's offensive lines have been steady for years but last night looked very work in progress. If you're gonna get that passing game working, you need to get Cook a little more time/space to work with. It isn't as though Cook is a basket full of tools out there - if you don't provide him support, he's going to look like Kirk Farmer out there.
Burden saved a pick 6 on that one play. Tremendous effort to come back for that ball. Average or merely above-average effort, and that’s a pick 6 going the other way
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:45 PM 09-02-2022
Originally Posted by Best22:
Burden saved a pick 6 on that one play. Tremendous effort to come back for that ball. Average or merely above-average effort, and that’s a pick 6 going the other way
He also caused an interception when the ball hit him square in the hands.
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 12:55 PM 09-02-2022
K state may be good this year, but imo most of the hype they get is due to the fact the big 12 is waaaaaaay down this year so someone has to be there. If they were in the sec they would be slated to finish middle in the east and nobody would be talking about them. We shall see.
[Reply]
kepp 01:02 PM 09-02-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
Damn man that Luther Burden kid... haven't seen someone like that in black and gold since J-Mac.

Next week should be fun. The interior o-line wasn't that great last night. So, hopefully they start to gel and improve as the season goes on. Because if we can't protect the qb or get any push on the interior, it'll be a long season offensively.
I was at the game and when that play where he got his first TD started I was thinking, "Dang-it, they sniffed it out." Then a couple [Chris Berman] "whoop! whoop!"s later, he's in the endzone. The kid has serious moves.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 109
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Up