ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The AFC Has Had Enough of Mahomes and KC
Bowser 07:41 PM 03-16-2022
Never have I ever seen teams in the AFC (much less just the West) load up like they are with the players that they are with the express intent of stopping one team. This is amazing to watch, honestly. Everyone is trying to get the fifth generation 46 defense to stop precisely ONE guy - Patrick Mahomes. Get as many high caliber ends and defensive backs in an attempt to keep Mahomes in the pocket all uncomfortable and throw picks to the above average DB's back there double teaming Hill and Kelce.

I'm really looking forward to what ideas Andy and Patrick come up with to counter all these moves contenders are making Conference wide, and I am super pumped to see who we bring in throughout the rest of free agency and the draft. I'll admit I haven't felt much of anything towards the Chiefs since the Bengals loss, but watching all this mayhem go down, my blood is pumping again for this team.
[Reply]
TEX 07:26 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
So? You really think Veach is doing nothing to improve the team this off season?

Have we started training camp? Is game 1 next week? Patience grasshopper. Last I checked Mahomes is still on the beach.
I think that Varch has been severely outplayed so far by every team in the AFC West. Maybe it's by design, maybe the numbers just won't work... However, your points about the improvements the Chiefs can still make are not exclusive to them. Every other team can also still improve through the draft, in addition to how they have immensely improved during preseason. The Chiefs are behind.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 07:30 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by 493rd:
Reminder - we had Mahomes, Kelce, and Hill in the AFCCG and scored 3 points in the 2nd half against a very mediocre Bengals defense. Having Mahomes isn’t a get out of jail free card.

We didn’t make it to a 3rd consecutive super bowl!?

That’s unacceptable.

We should cut everyone!
[Reply]
prhom 07:30 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
I can't believe anyone could think it's all good. It's not. All the other teams in the division have gotten a lot better thus far and the Chiefs have not improved.
I don’t think it’s “all good”, but we don’t know the plan yet. Clearly the plan wasn’t to be the highest bidder for the big names. We replaced Mathieu, but it sure seems like our plan is going to be different than what people might have expected based on years past.

I honestly don’t mind the lesser known FA and drafting approach. We still have guys with talent on this roster and I’m sure we will add some guys who will contribute more than we realize at this point.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:32 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by 493rd:
They don’t think it’s good they’re pissed like the rest of us. But they won’t admit it because it’s more fun for them to bash the posters raising concerns about our lack of activity. Thus far we’ve lost a solid starting CB in Ward, signed an average/above average S to replace an aging vet, lost a decent role playing WR in Pringle and that’s it. We need help badly at Edge, RT, WR, and CB and have done nothing to address these issues because the Chiefs are cash strapped and the rest of the division isn’t.
Nah, just like the Chiefs losing in the 1st quarter of a game, people are weeping about what's in front of them with blinders on.

It's one thing to raise an eyebrow at some of the moves, but we have no idea what the plan is at the moment, how much the Chiefs have been involved thus far (there is this thing where they can go after someone and not get them), what they're looking to do.

Ya'll can be as mad as you want, but the seriously retarded thing is in day 2 of free agency, talking about how it all WILL impact next season, like opening weekend is Sunday.

But, just like all the times the Chiefs have come back from those insurmountable first quarter deficits that you guys cry about, there's really no explaining it.... the chicken littles will always find something to cry about or a complete unknown to panic about.

Just let it out.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:35 PM 03-17-2022

When I signed in KC in 16 I faced Justin Houston + Tamba Hali in practice.

Then Von Miller + DeMarcus Ware, Khalil Mack + Bruce Irvin, and Melvin Ingram + Joey Bosa twice a year.

Chiefs OTs now? Maxx Crosby + Chandler Jones, Mack + Bosa, Randy Gregory + Bradley Chubb.

LOADED

— Mitchell Schwartz (@MitchSchwartz71) March 16, 2022

[Reply]
Rasputin 07:37 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
I think that Varch has been severely outplayed so far by every team in the AFC West. Maybe it's by design, maybe the numbers just won't work... However, your points about the improvements the Chiefs can still make are not exclusive to them. Every other team can also still improve through the draft, in addition to how they have immensely improved during preseason. The Chiefs are behind.

I really don't think so not where we are at with cap numbers and dealing for aging vets giving up draft picks just isn't the way to do it. Somehow we got to make it through this season and get the best out of Clark but we had to pay the price to get the Super Bowl in the first place. Houston wasn't getting it done and what Ford did was inexplicable so at the time you make moves that are right at the time. Then down the road you got to look at it through the GM eyes two three even four years down the road and I think that is what we are doing now so that we will still be good doing our best in the draft and farming out the older players.

Really I watched this and our rivals blew their wad or prematurely ejaculated because they took the older vets and gave up a lot of draft picks and then pay these vets high price denaro. I like our approach because Tex when the dust settles it will be us still on top of the mountain.

Two three four years from now we will look back at this year and be laughing at our rivals that will lucky to win 7 to 9 games. While we will still be riding high.

How are they going keep up without first second 4th or 5th draft picks they've all given up high price and have to pay high price for a return that more risk than reward.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 08:13 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:

Two three four years from now we will look back at this year and be laughing at our rivals that will lucky to win 7 to 9 games. While we will still be riding high.

exactly how they are looking at us now..we are nowing paying for our Superbowl. . like i said a mini rebuild for 2 years. .not a fire sale rebuild but a mini 2 or 3 years of being a "good" team. .

its part of the cycle..and im tired of people saying we build from the draft...because lately we groom these young guys and let them walk when they want what they deserve ..
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:47 PM 03-17-2022

Patrick Mahomes is the BIG BAD WOLF!
[Reply]
TEX 09:13 PM 03-17-2022
I really don't think so not where we are at with cap numbers and dealing for aging vets giving up draft picks just isn't the way to do it. Somehow we got to make it through this season and get the best out of Clark but we had to pay the price to get the Super Bowl in the first place. Houston wasn't getting it done and what Ford did was inexplicable so at the time you make moves that are right at the time. Then down the road you got to look at it through the GM eyes two three even four years down the road and I think that is what we are doing now so that we will still be good doing our best in the draft and farming out the older players.

Really I watched this and our rivals blew their wad or prematurely ejaculated because they took the older vets and gave up a lot of draft picks and then pay these vets high price denaro. I like our approach because Tex when the dust settles it will be us still on top of the mountain.

How are they going keep up without first second 4th or 5th draft picks they've all given up high price and have to pay high price for a return that more risk than reward.
They could just do what the Rams did / do. :-)
[Reply]
kccrow 10:11 PM 03-17-2022
Why is everyone tits up already?

Teams are going to try to improve... duh.

The only move that has given me much pause is Mack to the Chargers. They are a good overall team to begin with and Mack opposite Bosa is a huge upgrade for them. They still have to replace 50% of their IDL with Jones, Covington, and Joseph all UFAs.

The same goes for the Raiders. Sure, they added Adams but losing those picks doesn't help them replace their SLB or the 5 IDL they lost. They got nice pickups in Nichols and Jones but Jones is 32 so his best days may be behind him. Raiders may get better but they aren't anywhere near competing with KC yet, IMO.

The Broncos gave up a haul for Wilson, which doesn't help them fix all the holes in that defense. Yes, Wilson helps them win games, no doubt about it. Gregory is good when he's available, which isn't often. The same goes for Chubb. He had a great rookie year but hasn't been much since. The Broncos, honestly, worry me about as much as the Raiders in terms of real threat to the division.

To me it's still between KC and LA.

Veach is playing it smart and not overspending right out of the gate. There are plenty of good players that will be had for good deals yet.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:17 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

To all the Chiefs Kingdomaniacs let me tell you brothers and sisters

Chiefs Offensive line is loaded. I'm preaching Orlando Brown Joe Thuney Creed Humphrey Trey Smith Wiley or someone better most likely by week one.

So fuck fuck fuck the division trying to get to Patrick Mahomes II he has a knack for destroying blitzing teams oh and now that he has an offseason to figure out cover 8 the NFL is fucked Patrick Mahomes is going into his prime years we haven't seen the best out of Patrick Mahomes .

Think about the continuity we have for these guys on the line and they are bruisers. Trey enjoys knocking the shit out of on coming linebackers.

FUCK ALL YOU PUSSIES THAT ARE GOING DOUBT THE CHIEFS BEFORE WEEK ONE

Our line is fucking loaded our offensive line is fucking loaded. Pffft what did Bosa do to us last year? Week 3 he had 5 tackles and 1 sack week he had 3 tackles and shared a sack so .5 La De Fucking Da

K Mack is coming off of foot surgery missed much of last year I'm sure he will be ready but will he be anything to fear? Not with our line and Trey Smith is going pancake his ass.

Watchya gonna do when Chiefs Kindomaniacs runs wild on you"

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:31 PM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
they also beat them in the regular season in a pretty big seeding game..

u dont watch much football or know what the **** yioure talking about do u?
Big seeding game for who? The Bengals? Maybe. The Chiefs still got the #2 seed and ended up hosting the AFC Title Game, yet again. Everyone knew the Titans were frauds and would lose their first game. Hell, pretty much everyone on here universally predicted it. So the ‘seeding game’ against the Bengals really didn’t even matter.

The amount of football I watch is not really applicable to our discussion, but I do know how to spell you’re, you fucking rerunned dumbass.

BTW, when did you turn into such a beta pussy? Disappointing dude. Sack up.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 11:05 PM 03-17-2022
I strongly disagree Clyde is nothing special albeit he has to stay healthy to prove it. He had gall bladder surgery last offseason and lost weight. Be patient and he will thrive in this offense. This line is too good not t run 8 to 10 yards a carry without stacking the box.

We will see what Clyde can do it's just a matter of opinion.
I want to see him catch 3 yard passes and turn them in to 10 to 13 gains and once in a while take it to the house.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:09 AM 03-18-2022

Y'all underestimating this mother fucker.
Originally Posted by Brody Wa:
I want to see him catch 3 yard passes and turn them in to 10 to 13 gains and once in a while take it to the house.
You mean like this second from bottom?
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:12 AM 03-18-2022
Y'all mother Fuckers are underestimating CEH and what he can bring. Granted he has to stay healthy we need another dynamic back but Clyde can be elite running back and he will make fools of you.

Keep fucking doubting him.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Up