ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The AFC Has Had Enough of Mahomes and KC
Bowser 07:41 PM 03-16-2022
Never have I ever seen teams in the AFC (much less just the West) load up like they are with the players that they are with the express intent of stopping one team. This is amazing to watch, honestly. Everyone is trying to get the fifth generation 46 defense to stop precisely ONE guy - Patrick Mahomes. Get as many high caliber ends and defensive backs in an attempt to keep Mahomes in the pocket all uncomfortable and throw picks to the above average DB's back there double teaming Hill and Kelce.

I'm really looking forward to what ideas Andy and Patrick come up with to counter all these moves contenders are making Conference wide, and I am super pumped to see who we bring in throughout the rest of free agency and the draft. I'll admit I haven't felt much of anything towards the Chiefs since the Bengals loss, but watching all this mayhem go down, my blood is pumping again for this team.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:42 AM 03-17-2022
You guys are such the divas with your Betty Davis eyes.

The interesting part will happen when KC has to play a road playoff game.

Since 2018, the AFCW has been rather abysmal and given the signings, that 'should change'. We shall see what happens.

Outside the division, yeah you have a number of teams that are consistently improving. The Bills, Bengals, Titans... then that tier of Ravens and Patriots are in the mix of could be dominant, could be middle of the road.

The AFCW is shaping up to be a slugfest and if you think KC will be able to just cruise through to a divisional win, you could be in for a surprise or two.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:47 AM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
He'll be great until we need to run the ball to close out a game, then Reid will decide to go Full Reidtard and keep throwing the ball. Again.

Promise.

I most defiantly get that. Part of me not to fool myself but part of me wants to believe he can close out games running the ball. I've said many times over the years Andy lives by the pass and dies by the pass and also why I never thought Alex Smith was a good fit because Alex success came off of play action pass and only having to attempt 25 passes. Alex struggled when his pass attempts went up 35+ and it showed. So I'm not discounting what you are saying but spite that he listens to his men because they say Andy listens to his players and coaches. Still no excuse for second half of the Bengals game and I put that on Andy Reid feet.

However this offensive line is built to bulldoze defenses and we are a pass offense. O Brown is a monster to block around the edge but his feet need work for pass protection. Running up the middle with Thuney Creed and Trey Smith holy fuck we can carry 10+ yards a carry if teams don't start stacking the box and even then it will be 5 yards a carry even with CEH because he is a bulldog. Just needs stay healthy (backs are most subtle to injuries)

I do believe though no matter what the other teams are trying to do with defense with Mack and who ever blitz all you want. Mahomes torches the blitz. This offseason we are learning how to beat dropping 7 or 8 in the box that is going make Mahomes more cerebral because he's seen it now. Every year they try to slow down and stop Mahomes. Bengals had our number in the second half because you are exactly right about Andy throwing the ball and they banked on it. I am no way discouraged because we can learn if an old dog can learn from mistakes and make us a balanced offense nothing can stop this team except shooting an uzi in our foot.

Maybe I'm too optimistic for this group a bunch of Kansas City bundle of stickss

Spoiler!

[Reply]
MVChiefFan 06:58 AM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
I for one have no idea what Thanos is. Modern movies I consider to be just awful. Completely irredemable.
You have no idea what a “Thanos” is, yet you know he’s from a movie… :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:59 AM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by ILChief:
We will be a contender every year with mahomes, but the era of us being the prohibitive favorite in the AFC every year is over. At least for now.
Who is the prohibitive favorite in the AFC this year?
[Reply]
scho63 06:59 AM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Clyde's running for 1300 yards this year.
Yeah, sideways and backs for about 60% of that, so he'll probably gain about 500 for the year on 250 carries.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:04 AM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I most defiantly get that. Part of me not to fool myself but part of me wants to believe he can close out games running the ball. I've said many times over the years Andy lives by the pass and dies by the pass and also why I never thought Alex Smith was a good fit because Alex success came off of play action pass and only having to attempt 25 passes. Alex struggled when his pass attempts went up 35+ and it showed. So I'm not discounting what you are saying but spite that he listens to his men because they say Andy listens to his players and coaches. Still no excuse for second half of the Bengals game and I put that on Andy Reid feet.

However this offensive line is built to bulldoze defenses and we are a pass offense. O Brown is a monster to block around the edge but his feet need work for pass protection. Running up the middle with Thuney Creed and Trey Smith holy fuck we can carry 10+ yards a carry if teams don't start stacking the box and even then it will be 5 yards a carry even with CEH because he is a bulldog. Just needs stay healthy (backs are most subtle to injuries)

I do believe though no matter what the other teams are trying to do with defense with Mack and who ever blitz all you want. Mahomes torches the blitz. This offseason we are learning how to beat dropping 7 or 8 in the box that is going make Mahomes more cerebral because he's seen it now. Every year they try to slow down and stop Mahomes. Bengals had our number in the second half because you are exactly right about Andy throwing the ball and they banked on it. I am no way discouraged because we can learn if an old dog can learn from mistakes and make us a balanced offense nothing can stop this team except shooting an uzi in our foot.

Maybe I'm too optimistic for this group a bunch of Kansas City bundle of stickss
If it hadn't have already happened 3 times in the playoffs with 3 different OCs, 2 different DCs and 2 different QBs (one of whom is already in the discussion for best ever), then I'd be a lot more hopeful that the situation could be corrected.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:11 AM 03-17-2022
https://theathletic.com/news/super-b...%20at%20%2B750.
Super Bowl 2023 odds: Chiefs, Bills tie as favorites; Rams, Bengals, Cowboys round out top 5. The Rams (+1100) and the Bengals (+1200) rank third and fourth, respectively, to win the 2023 Super Bowl.
The Chiefs and the Bills are the initial betting favorites to win Super Bowl LVII, via BetMGM. The participants in an epic AFC divisional playoff game during this season's playoffs are tied as favorites at +750.

The Rams (+1100) and the Bengals (+1200) rank third and fourth, respectively, to win the 2023 Super Bowl. The Rams won Super Bowl LVI on Sunday night, defeating the Bengals 23-20 in SoFi Stadium.

The Cowboys (+1200) sit tied with Cincinnati. A three-team cluster comes in next — 49ers, Packers and Broncos. The Buccaneers dropped down the list of contenders after quarterback Tom Brady retired with Tampa Bay at +2500. The teams with the worst odds are the Jaguars, Lions, Jets and Texans.

Here’s a look at the Super Bowl LVII odds for every team:

Buffalo Bills: +750
Kansas City Chiefs: +750
Los Angeles Rams: +1100
Cincinnati Bengals: +1200
Dallas Cowboys: +1200
Denver Broncos: +1600
Green Bay Packers: +1600
San Francisco 49ers: +1600
Baltimore Ravens: +2000
Arizona Cardinals: +2000
Tennessee Titans: +2200
New England Patriots: +2200
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: +2500
Los Angeles Chargers: +2500
Indianapolis Colts: +2500
Cleveland Browns: +3000
New Orleans Saints: +4000
Seattle Seahawks: +4000
Philadelphia Eagles: +4000
Pittsburgh Steelers: +4000
Minnesota Vikings: +4000
Washington Commanders: +5000
Atlanta Falcons: +5000
Carolina Panthers: +5000
Las Vegas Raiders: +5000
Miami Dolphins: +5000
New York Giants: +6600
Chicago Bears: +6600
Jacksonville Jaguars: +10000
Detroit Lions: +15000
Houston Texans: +15000
New York Jets: +15000

---
That's the most updated link I could find .
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:16 AM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Yeah, sideways and backs for about 60% of that, so he'll probably gain about 500 for the year on 250 carries.
I'd bet he could get 1000 yards on 200 carries. Another 350+ in the air.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:20 AM 03-17-2022
Two main things are at work:

1. The league is always a copy cat league and they just saw the Rams go all in with free agents and win a Super Bowl.
2. Teams now realize that windows are really short. If you have that young QB on his first contract, it's best to strike quickly. If you have a relatively good team that's been missing one or two critical pieces, you need to make a move before your key pieces age out or suffer injuries.
3. You need to win your division. The best way to win the west is to pressure Mahomes with four down lineman and drop the rest.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:29 AM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:

Since 2018, the AFCW has been rather abysmal and given the signings, that 'should change'. We shall see what happens.

Outside the division, yeah you have a number of teams that are consistently improving. The Bills, Bengals, Titans... then that tier of Ravens and Patriots are in the mix of could be dominant, could be middle of the road.

The AFCW is shaping up to be a slugfest and if you think KC will be able to just cruise through to a divisional win, you could be in for a surprise or two.
Her name is spelled "Bette" you asshole!!!!!
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 08:42 AM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Her name is spelled "Bette" you asshole!!!!!
Now, now. Asshole is such a pejorative word.

I'd say, "uncultured Philistine" for misspelling Ms. Davis's first name.

Asshole is more for being a Bronco's fan. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:57 AM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:

I don't think they'll "cruise" to anything. If nothing else, the Chargers are always a spoiler, even when they're not very good. Denver obviously got better.

I welcome the competition. When the Chiefs win the division again, they'll be battle tested. :-)
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:22 AM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Clyde's running for 1300 yards in his career.
Fyp.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 09:31 AM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Fact. Just another reason why Tom Brady isn't the GOAT.

Joe Montana never lost a SB and never threw a pick in one.

Johnny Unitas revolutionized the position (and called his own plays)

Patrick Mahomes is more talented.

Those 3 I'd argue, better than Tom Brady, who played in a division vs the 3 ongoing abortions for 2 decades.

Like, Brady leaves and Buffalo says "okay, we can be decent now."

Fuck that shit.
Counterpoint: Aaron Rodgers has played his whole career in a division with the Lions, Bears, and Vikings. He's only played in 1 Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:43 AM 03-17-2022
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP:
Counterpoint: Aaron Rodgers has played his whole career in a division with the Lions, Bears, and Vikings. He's only played in 1 Super Bowl.
See in the grand scheme of things the measurement of QB GOAT is flawed. Instant'

Brady didn't have to go up against the Buccs defense with Kansas City offensive line.

Brady chucks it 10 feet over the heads out of back of endzone gets defensive PI.

If you watched how individually they played just by that posission then Patrick outplayed Brady by a mile but his top protector Eric Fisher went down the quarter before the Super Bowl. No excuses of course but Patricks ball placement and skills were amazing and Tom Brady female ref that named her kid after Tom Brady wasn't bad herself.

I just think there needs to be another measurement of greatness when the Patriots and Tom Brady have been fined and draft picks taken away for cheating yet that isn't accounted for.

It's not Tom Brady beating Patrick Mahomes II it's Tom Brady taking advantage of bad PI calls and a defense that beat Patrick Mahomes II.

The better quarterback doesn't always win but in Super Bowl it doesn't matter in a valiant effort Patrick Mahomes was the true Super Bowl MVP.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up