ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The AFC Has Had Enough of Mahomes and KC
Bowser 07:41 PM 03-16-2022
Never have I ever seen teams in the AFC (much less just the West) load up like they are with the players that they are with the express intent of stopping one team. This is amazing to watch, honestly. Everyone is trying to get the fifth generation 46 defense to stop precisely ONE guy - Patrick Mahomes. Get as many high caliber ends and defensive backs in an attempt to keep Mahomes in the pocket all uncomfortable and throw picks to the above average DB's back there double teaming Hill and Kelce.

I'm really looking forward to what ideas Andy and Patrick come up with to counter all these moves contenders are making Conference wide, and I am super pumped to see who we bring in throughout the rest of free agency and the draft. I'll admit I haven't felt much of anything towards the Chiefs since the Bengals loss, but watching all this mayhem go down, my blood is pumping again for this team.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 01:04 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Best22:
College and pro.

Made USC relevant (and a national champion) for the first time in 15 years, and it took 15 years after for them to be relevant again

Take away Pete Carroll and that school doesn’t have a national title since the 1970s
To be fair to USC one of the reasons he left was to bail on them after the punishments etc were happening there. He left knowing he would struggle there so there is more to it.

That being said it does seem like the season is showing Carol to be more valuable than realized.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 01:14 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
yeah raiders really going to regret signing one of the best pass rushers and recievers in football. .

you have to be the dumbest member on this site
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
exactly how they are looking at us now..we are nowing paying for our Superbowl. . like i said a mini rebuild for 2 years. .not a fire sale rebuild but a mini 2 or 3 years of being a "good" team. .

its part of the cycle..and im tired of people saying we build from the draft...because lately we groom these young guys and let them walk when they want what they deserve ..
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Man this thread is full of terrible takes.

It also has DTVietnam and 493rd showing their vaginas to the entire world.
Yup. Who knew DTVietnam was such a moron?
[Reply]
DaFace 01:34 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Yup. Who knew DTVietnam was such a moron?

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:44 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
Chiefs are a good team but they are not like way up here and all the rest are way down there. Some of you guys act like there is no stopping you no matter what any team does.

[Reply]
stevegroganfan 02:26 PM 11-26-2022
Russell Wilson was a great QB who almost won back to back Super Bowls without great talent besides him on offense -- yes Seahawks had a great defense but Wilson did very well with what he was working with on offense -- but he relies upon his legs more than most quarterbacks and being a little slower has hurt his game. Injuries have hurt his game as well.

Denver was was foolish. When you can get Jimmy G for a song on a try before you buy deal and not have to give up any good draft compensation, you do that before paying a lot of draft compensation for an aging Russell Wilson.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:26 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
It’s going to be a fun year.
He got this part right, but not how he expected.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 02:32 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
To be fair to USC one of the reasons he left was to bail on them after the punishments etc were happening there. He left knowing he would struggle there so there is more to it.

That being said it does seem like the season is showing Carol to be more valuable than realized.
Seattle had a really good draft and Geno has played very well but I credit Geno Smith more than Carroll. Some players genuinely improve and Smith appears to be one of them. It also helps him that he has more talent to work with than he had on the Jets under Rex Ryan and the environment is probably easier since AFC East all outdoor stadiums in bad weather except Miami.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:34 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Can we change Knowmo's name to Quesadilla Cope?
[Reply]
TLO 02:49 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
None of this shit went down until Denver landed Russ.
lol
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 03:20 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
Seattle had a really good draft and Geno has played very well but I credit Geno Smith more than Carroll. Some players genuinely improve and Smith appears to be one of them. It also helps him that he has more talent to work with than he had on the Jets under Rex Ryan and the environment is probably easier since AFC East all outdoor stadiums in bad weather except Miami.
I think part of my amazement for how quickly this seems to have fallen apart is that I just wasn't paying attention to Seattle enough. I thought Wilson was fine up there but apparently he had been deteriorating.
[Reply]
tredadda 03:52 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
Russell Wilson was a great QB who almost won back to back Super Bowls without great talent besides him on offense -- yes Seahawks had a great defense but Wilson did very well with what he was working with on offense -- but he relies upon his legs more than most quarterbacks and being a little slower has hurt his game. Injuries have hurt his game as well.

Denver was was foolish. When you can get Jimmy G for a song on a try before you buy deal and not have to give up any good draft compensation, you do that before paying a lot of draft compensation for an aging Russell Wilson.
Wouldn’t call him great. More like good. He was augmented by an elite defense and a top tier RB.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:24 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
None of this shit went down until Denver landed Russ.

Donkos went down when they landed embaRUSS.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:26 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Brutal. Jesus, the fans of other AFCW teams were really sold a lot of broken dreams. They thought our run was over. :-):-) It’s barely even started!
[Reply]
TEX 04:57 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Donkos went down when they landed embaRUSS.
:-) TRUTH!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:00 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
My favorite part is how they've all screwed themselves for years while the Chiefs have tons of cap flexibility. This was supposed to be the tough one.
This is also my favorite.

The Raiders and Broncos are particularly screwed. Chargers have a tough cap situation that’s going to require creativity and either some difficult cuts or some conversion of salary to signing bonus that catches up to them a few years down the road.

Meanwhile, the Chiefs reloaded with young talent at key spots while also eating a year of big salary from Mahomes, giving them more flexibility in the future.

If anything, this offense cemented the Chiefs as the team dominating the division for the next five years.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Up