ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Question for you car mechanics out there
Titty Meat 02:10 PM 07-16-2020
I have a 97' Ranger. It wont start all it does is make a "click" sound when I try starting it.

I don't have battery cables but I do have a battery reader and the battery was at 12.3 Volts.

Any idea what might be the issue? I'm thinking a starter.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:44 PM 07-19-2020
Early S-10 were Known for less fuel mileage as the full size V-8s. It is a fact
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:23 PM 07-19-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
:-) Years ago I had a 1984 Chevy S10 pickup with a 2.8 V6. Must useless POS engine ever, drank gas like a V8, but only had the power of a 4 cyl. Pretty typical of the absolute crap GM was building in the 80s.
Originally Posted by mac459:
They must have tuned them differently in later years, I had a 91 S10 with the 2.8. I got around 28 MPG and would burn tires through 1 and 2, would get lucky and get 3 to burn if I was going into a corner. Fucking loved that truck, of course it was my first truck I bought for $500 when I was 14
Manual?

In the mid-late 90s the S-10's with an automatic were straight dogs. But if you got a regular cab manual it would sip fuel and have enough to pass on the highway or whatever.

2 of my buddies on my basketball team had comparable year S-10s. One was a regular cab manual, the other was an extended cab automatic. The one with the manual was telling someone what mileage his pickup got. The other guy like ran across the gym to interrupt the conversation to say WTF it can't get that good. The look on his face was fucking classic. :-)

I hadn't thought about those guys in years.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:25 PM 07-19-2020
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Early S-10 were Known for less fuel mileage as the full size V-8s. It is a fact
Yeah, the early ones were garbage. My grandpa had one, I don't know what year. Had to be one of the first models. It would barely pull itself. But it went as fast as he needed it to - 35 LOL
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:31 PM 07-19-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Manual?

In the mid-late 90s the S-10's with an automatic were straight dogs. But if you got a regular cab manual it would sip fuel and have enough to pass on the highway or whatever.

2 of my buddies on my basketball team had comparable year S-10s. One was a regular cab manual, the other was an extended cab automatic. The one with the manual was telling someone what mileage his pickup got. The other guy like ran across the gym to interrupt the conversation to say WTF it can't get that good. The look on his face was fucking classic. :-)

I hadn't thought about those guys in years.
I test drove a regular cab manual, and my legs were too long to operate the clutch in that small ass cab. Ended up with an extended cab automatic. Guess that was the problem.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 06:57 PM 07-19-2020
Regular cab manual with long bed and 2wd
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:05 PM 07-19-2020
IIRC that S10 was either carbureted or a throttle body injection. Had an 86 Firebired with the multi-port injection version of that 2.8, and while it still sucked balls, it didn't suck as bad as that truck. It had a 5 speed manual as well which probably didn't hurt.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:18 PM 07-19-2020
That's really ****ing odd. Maybe something in the ignition switch mechanism?
Yup thinking it has something to do with the ignition switch judging by some of what I read on car gurus this seems like a common issue with the Rangers.

Would be interested in what SAUTO thinks.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:29 PM 07-19-2020
How about those Typhoons and Syclones in the early 90's?
iDid you all know they are bringing the Syclone back in 2021? It is suppose to be 750 HP, that is a lot for the s10 body size and style.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:51 PM 07-19-2020
I had a 93 S-10. Dont remember the engine size V-6. pumped out blue smoke every time I started it. Bad lifters.

It had Camaro rims.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:00 PM 07-19-2020
valve seals the v-8s has same issue

Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I had a 93 S-10. Dont remember the engine size V-6. pumped out blue smoke every time I started it. Bad lifters.

It had Camaro rims.

[Reply]
Bugeater 09:01 PM 07-19-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
How about those Typhoons and Syclones in the early 90's?
iDid you all know they are bringing the Syclone back in 2021? It is suppose to be 750 HP, that is a lot for the s10 body size and style.
I have never really understood the point of high performance trucks. If I want something fast that can't tow and sucks in the snow, I'll buy a car.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:21 PM 07-19-2020
I have never really understood the point of high performance trucks. If I want something fast that can't tow and sucks in the snow, I'll buy a car.
Well that is you and that is fine. But half of the country doesn't get much if any snow. If there is snow you are not taking the car out in it either. At least you can haul more than ass in the pickup. The pickup is also not as common.
If it wasn't for pickups we wouldn't have tailgates at Arrowhead.

[Reply]
Bugeater 09:36 PM 07-19-2020
Hey now, don't try to twist that comment into me not liking pickup trucks. Or even fast pickup trucks. I just don't get high performance trucks.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:37 PM 07-19-2020
Hey now, don't try to twist that comment into me not liking pickup trucks. Or even fast pickup trucks. I just don't get high performance trucks.
Why do you hate pickups?
[Reply]
lewdog 09:42 PM 07-19-2020
Why do you hate going fast?
[Reply]
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Up