ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Question for you car mechanics out there
Titty Meat 02:10 PM 07-16-2020
I have a 97' Ranger. It wont start all it does is make a "click" sound when I try starting it.

I don't have battery cables but I do have a battery reader and the battery was at 12.3 Volts.

Any idea what might be the issue? I'm thinking a starter.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:02 PM 07-16-2020
With an ex. solenoid (All old rangers) a volt meter and a screwdriver (dad's favorite), you can test a battery and starter in less than a minute.

Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Dude, I don’t even know what you are trying to say in 2/3 of your posts.

I know ford did a lot of external solenoids. I have no idea whether Billays ranger has an external solenoid or not. I’m not going to look it up because I’m not invested enough to do it. He can do that and change it if he’s so inclined.

All that being said, I have no butt****ing clue what you’re trying to puke out on my screen.

[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:44 PM 07-16-2020
Well whatever the fuck it is I've been able to start it up the 7 times I've tried and I really do think the way its parked helps but I have no fucking clue. Atleast now hopefully I'll be able to drive it to the shop instead of getting it towed. Small victories.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:07 PM 07-16-2020
I used to have a 1998 Dodge Caravan that must have had the fuel pump way in the back of the tank, because if it had less than 1/8 of a tank and I parked it downhill, it would not start. But it didn't click, it would just crank and crank but never fire.
[Reply]
eDave 10:12 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I used to have a 1998 Dodge Caravan that must have had the fuel pump way in the back of the tank, because if it had less than 1/8 of a tank and I parked it downhill, it would not start. But it didn't click, it would just crank and crank but never fire.
Rad

[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:12 PM 07-16-2020
his truck goes "click" if it was a neutral switch (LOL) or no fuel it wouldn't click..

FYI a car parked on an angle should start and then die, then crank, no start.

I don't want to explain, just accept it's the truth

[Reply]
Bugeater 10:16 PM 07-16-2020
If it's just a single click, I'll bet it's the bendix in the starter getting jammed up. A dead battery will cause a rapid, repeated clicking in the solenoid.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:17 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
his truck goes "click" if it was a neutral switch (LOL) or no fuel it wouldn't click..

FYI a car parked on an angle should start and then die, then crank, no start.

I don't want to explain, just accept it's the truth
It was my goddamn vehicle, don't fucking tell me what the fuck it did or didn't do.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:21 PM 07-16-2020
If it's just a single click, I'll bet it's the bendix in the starter getting jammed up. A dead battery will cause a rapid, repeated clicking in the solenoid.
Ya it's a single clicky or was that bitch is working for now
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:21 PM 07-16-2020
then you had a bad pressure regulator.

Don't ask me why I know , just accept it as truth

It was my goddamn vehicle, don't ****ing tell me what the **** it did or didn't do.

[Reply]
Bugeater 10:23 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Rad

Rad? Not really. But damn useful, versatile vehicles. I had 6 of them over the years, a 1990 Grand Caravan, a 1992 Plymouth Voyager, a 1992 Caravan cargo van, a 1994 Grand Caravan, the aforementioned 1998 Grand Caravan, and a 2003 Grand Caravan.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:23 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Your starter's days are numbered.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:25 PM 07-16-2020
I have a 97' Ranger. It wont start all it does is make a "click" sound when I try starting it.

I don't have battery cables but I do have a battery reader and the battery was at 12.3 Volts.

Any idea what might be the issue? I'm thinking a starter.
Buy a car that isn't 23 years old. I've had good luck with 5-10 year old used cars.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:31 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Buy a car that isn't 23 years old. I've had good luck with 5-10 year old used cars.
Pffft...I have an 18 year old Grand Cherokee and a 24 year old Camaro, I would drive either of them anywhere without a second thought.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:37 PM 07-16-2020
Starter is fucked. Get it to a shop or get one bought ASAP. You can get a hammer and hit the starter. It will work until it won't.

I had a 300 Ford on an irrigation well and it did the same thing. I tried to make it a summer. It worked once.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:38 PM 07-16-2020
Pffft...I have an 18 year old Grand Cherokee and a 24 year old Camaro, I would drive either of them anywhere without a second thought.
Which one would you drive to the all male strip club without a second thought?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up