ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Question for you car mechanics out there
Titty Meat 02:10 PM 07-16-2020
I have a 97' Ranger. It wont start all it does is make a "click" sound when I try starting it.

I don't have battery cables but I do have a battery reader and the battery was at 12.3 Volts.

Any idea what might be the issue? I'm thinking a starter.
[Reply]
jdubya 06:24 PM 07-16-2020
I had an old Ford truck that did the same thing. In fact I have had a chevy truck do the same. I used to carry a hammer in the cab and when it would just "click" I would crawl under and smack the starter with the hammer 2-3 times and it would fire right up.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:25 PM 07-16-2020
Running out of gas could cause crank, no start but no no crank.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:42 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Running out of gas could cause crank, no start but no no crank.
Thank god Titty knows more about cranking down than anyone on this board
[Reply]
srvy 06:46 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
It would be a good car for where you live and despite having some issues with it as of late it's been a good truck. The only thing is it sucks balls in the winter.
Could be a corroded ground to chassis cable not making good ground.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:48 PM 07-16-2020
I can't imagine being a Shallow Hal

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:

[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:50 PM 07-16-2020
I bet you were hitting the elusive poon back in the day.I just guessing but I know it's true

Originally Posted by jdubya:
I had an old Ford truck that did the same thing. In fact I have had a chevy truck do the same. I used to carry a hammer in the cab and when it would just "click" I would crawl under and smack the starter with the hammer 2-3 times and it would fire right up.

[Reply]
srvy 06:50 PM 07-16-2020
We used to do that with our old work Suburbans. Eventually, the starter would seize up for good but would save you back in the boonies.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:01 PM 07-16-2020
You've got water in the gas. Any way you can drop a hose down the tank a slurp up a sample to see if you can taste water???
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:16 PM 07-16-2020
or a wrench. or a hard handled screwdriver. Dad used all of them.
Started an Oliver 1950-T with a screwdriver on the starter.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:38 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
So it started took it for a drive ran well.

Got home wait about 45 mins clicking noise again. Played with the wheel a bit and it started up.wait another 30-45 mins and it started right up.
Automatic? I think those things had a park switch to not let it go in gear. Something could be worn out there.

RE: click. Is it a single click or a rapid click?

If it’s a single click the solenoid isn’t engaging. Your starter is fucked. Unless it has an external solenoid.

If it is rapid clicking you aren’t getting enough power to the solenoid. Probably a battery cable if it will periodically hit. Could also be a wire on the starter.

Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
or a wrench. or a hard handled screwdriver. Dad used all of them.
Started an Oliver 1950-T with a screwdriver on the starter.
That trick made a bunch of farmers dead.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:41 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
You've got water in the gas. Any way you can drop a hose down the tank a slurp up a sample to see if you can taste water???
How bout you come fuck it and make it squirt like every thing else you fuck?
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:51 PM 07-16-2020
I can't imagine being a Shallow Hal

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:

[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:57 PM 07-16-2020
er ah Duh

Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Automatic? I think those things had a park switch to not let it go in gear. Something could be worn out there.

RE: click. Is it a single click or a rapid click?

If it’s a single click the solenoid isn’t engaging. Your starter is ****ed. Unless it has an external solenoid.

If it is rapid clicking you aren’t getting enough power to the solenoid. Probably a battery cable if it will periodically hit. Could also be a wire on the starter.

That trick made a bunch of farmers dead.

[Reply]
Buehler445 08:23 PM 07-16-2020
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
er ah Duh

Dude, I don’t even know what you are trying to say in 2/3 of your posts.

I know ford did a lot of external solenoids. I have no idea whether Billays ranger has an external solenoid or not. I’m not going to look it up because I’m not invested enough to do it. He can do that and change it if he’s so inclined.

All that being said, I have no buttfucking clue what you’re trying to puke out on my screen.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 08:49 PM 07-16-2020
An Australian Shepard with a bandana in the back. Cranked Billy Idol's Rebel Yell is gonna happen now.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up