ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 257 of 324
« First < 157207247253254255256257 258259260261267307 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Megatron96 12:45 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Dude. I used to think this, but last year I found this compilation of Jones impact in the playoffs. It took only one minute to change my mind.

Some people around here don’t do context.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:49 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Some people around here don’t do context.
Some people around here made a case for Alex Smith and his "hidden touchdowns" too.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:52 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
In the regular season.

10 playoff games.

0 sacks average

1.8 tackle average

0.7 hurry average

0.7 batted pass average.

Playoff Stud? More like playoff invisible.
Never go full Clay
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:00 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Never go full Clay
wallcrawler is giving chris jones the alex smith treatment
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:02 PM 11-26-2022
Some people around here made a case for Alex Smith and his "hidden touchdowns" too.
Lol, that definitely wasn't me.:-)
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 01:02 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
wallcrawler is giving chris jones the alex smith treatment
10 playoff games.

His numbers are what they are.

Where I see a huge regular season player for our team disappear in the post season, others see highest paid defender in the league.

Would the opinion be the same if at 10 games in this year he had his playoff numbers? 0 sacks?

Lmao. Maybe. He's got a couple TEX level groupies so nothings impossible.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:15 PM 11-26-2022
What happened to Chris Jones in 2016 and 2017? Was he injured in the playoffs? My brain no longer chooses to remember certain events prior to Mahomes, and this may have gotten erased by mistake.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:17 PM 11-26-2022
Alex Smith never came close to taking over a playoff game like my man STONE COLD did in the SUPER BOWL like Jones did in literally the most clutch moments in the 4th quarter of 54.

Some Chiefs fans are addicted to suffering. You hate to see it.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:58 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
One of the biggest things to me is that I can't predict blitzes now. It used to drive me crazy in the Gunther Cunningham days when a blitzer would run up to the line five seconds before the snap and then jump around staring at the quarterback the entire time. The quarterback would then throw it to some guy who moved into that vacated spot and I would be sad because everyone except Gunther knew what was going to happen.
Yeah, but Gunther was the DC for the second best defense (maybe the best defense) this franchise has ever had. Losing because a kicker couldn't make a kick wasn't his fault. If that kicker performed, he would probably be a Super Bowl winning DC too.

I can't stand Spags and his defense. I feel like in SB54 it was individual players that made plays at the end, and it had nothing to do with Spags.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:53 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I can't stand Spags and his defense. I feel like in SB54 it was individual players that made plays at the end, and it had nothing to do with Spags.
since spags has chris jones actual endorsement as chiefs DC, sit this one out
[Reply]
staylor26 04:11 PM 11-26-2022
Yeah, but Gunther was the DC for the second best defense (maybe the best defense) this franchise has ever had. Losing because a kicker couldn't make a kick wasn't his fault. If that kicker performed, he would probably be a Super Bowl winning DC too.

:-)
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:15 PM 11-26-2022

Gunther rode the coattails of a dominant defensive mind and was EXPOSED when he tried to build from the Greg Robinson defense in 2004.

Spags put together a defense from the scraps of sleepy Bob Sutton and delivered with obscure formations and blitz that knocked Jimmy G. ON HIS ASS and shutout the Niners in the 4th quarter when the stakes were highest.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 04:30 PM 11-26-2022

Gunther Cunningham held a 17-0 lead, at home, to a division rival. All they had to do was cruise to the division title. And the home playoff game.

He personally hired Jon Baker because "he ripped his sleeves of in cold weather" during the tryout and Gunther thought that made the difference in hiring Baker over anybody else. He kicked the ****ing ball OOB 3 times in that game including the dagger in OT and cost the Chiefs the division and the playoffs.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 07:03 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Gunther Cunningham held a 17-0 lead, at home, to a division rival. All they had to do was cruise to the division title. And the home playoff game.

He personally hired Jon Baker because "he ripped his sleeves of in cold weather" during the tryout and Gunther thought that made the difference in hiring Baker over anybody else. He kicked the ****ing ball OOB 3 times in that game including the dagger in OT and cost the Chiefs the division and the playoffs.
I'll never forget shitbag Jon Gruden sprinting onto the field like he'd won the fucking superbowl.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:05 PM 11-26-2022
I'll never forget shitbag Jon Gruden sprinting onto the field like he'd won the ****ing superbowl.
It was the Gannon-Grbac referendum for me and at Age 7 I couldn't take it and I cried the entire night at my grandparents house.

Looking back it was my blackpill, as it was confirmation that the Chiefs picked wrong and all of the other kids in my class thought I was weird for not liking Grbac.
[Reply]
Page 257 of 324
« First < 157207247253254255256257 258259260261267307 > Last »
Up