ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3650 of 4804
« First < 2650315035503600364036463647364836493650 365136523653365436603700375041504650 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:45 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Here's the post

This gave the Broncos no choice but to be aggressive in the trade market. They needed to acquire not just a better quarterback than who they had but a true difference-maker. Russell Wilson is that guy; he is an elite NFL QB and gives them a chance to compete with Mahomes, Herbert, and Carr.

If anything, Wilson has been held back by Seattle’s consistently weak offensive line and run-heavy scheme. Since Russ entered the league in 2012, the Seahawks are 27th in early-down pass rate (49.4%).

The Broncos’ roster is also strong enough to withstand the loss of draft picks they are sending to Seattle. They will still have nine picks in the 2022 Draft. As long as Russ continues to play at a high level and their young core continues to develop, trading these picks to Seattle will not hamstring them.

In light of the circumstances they found themselves in, Denver was smart to make this trade. The price they paid was certainly justifiable to bring in a Super Bowl winning quarterback. Wilson not only won a Super Bowl, but he did it in his second season then won the NFC again in the following season. He should have two rings, and it’s not like those teams were winning in spite of him. Seattle had good teams then, not great ones, and Russ was a huge part of why they went to back-to-back Super Bowls.

Despite having such substantial success early in his career, it is not unreasonable to think that Russ’ best seasons are ahead of him. The team hasn’t performed well, but that isn’t because of Wilson. He has played well and has had to overcome the coaching staff’s conservative philosophy.

For all of these reasons, the Broncos deserve to be commended for making a bold move that they desperately needed to make in order to be competitive
For those in a hurry, I bolded all of the shit takes from Quesadilla Cope.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:03 PM 11-26-2022
Quinn isn’t solving the problems on that team though. You can’t score. You’re offensive strategy is really really bad.

There aren’t many playcallers set up for Denver.

You need a HC with experience that can come in and fix the offense
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:36 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Quinn isn’t solving the problems on that team though. You can’t score. You’re offensive strategy is really really bad.

There aren’t many playcallers set up for Denver.

You need a HC with experience that can come in and fix the offense
They better bring the Miracle Worker in then. Because EmbaRuss is what’s wrong with their offense. Well one of the biggest things anyway. Them switching blocking schemes was about as moronic of an idea as there is. They don’t have the players to just switch like that and expect them to make it without a hitch. Another bad decision by Pay a Ton. I hope they retain him for amp 5 years. He’s clearly in over his head, and is a horrible GM. Just when we thought it couldn’t get worse than Failway, the #PatonDisaster2022 says hold my beer!
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:35 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
A poster on a Broncos board with PGM-style “inside sources” claims that Paton has been told he’s staying. Apparently he wanted Quinn last year but was told no by Ellis because Quinn was asking for too much money. Take it with a large grain of salt, but if true, it seems likely that Quinn will be hired as the Denver HC this offseason because the new owners do not have the same monetary restrictions.

Quinn could probably have his choice of any team with a potential opening including but not limited to:

Arizona
Carolina
Detroit
Indy
Jets
Chargers
Vegas
Seattle (Carroll is 71 and he’s gotta retire some time)

Each team on that list has a QB situation that is far rosier than Denver’s.

“But some of those teams don’t have a QB at all!”

Exactly.
[Reply]
PHOG 05:35 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Muhammad Saeed al-Quesadilla
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Here's the post

Spoiler!

:-) :-)
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:39 PM 11-26-2022
Hey Dungkeys country. How’s it going???

From Reddit

Let me know if this is low effort, but my mom and dad are looking to sell half of their season tickets for the foreseeable future.

See title, remove if this violates a rule.

I'm a longstanding member on this sub, who has seen a lot of the great games as a result of my parents having season tix for the last 15 years. Their seats are in section 538, 4 seats total, and are roughly $65-95 per ticket depending on opponent. They want to reduce the number of games they go to from 8 to 4, without losing tickets altogether. They're tech savvy and very amenable to a draft style or however someone would want to pick games. Just don't sell to fucking Chiefs fans.

DM me if interested.

:-)
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
tredadda 06:39 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Quinn could probably have his choice of any team with a potential opening including but not limited to:

Arizona
Carolina
Detroit
Indy
Jets
Chargers
Vegas
Seattle (Carroll is 71 and he’s gotta retire some time)

Each team on that list has a QB situation that is far rosier than Denver’s.

“But some of those teams don’t have a QB at all!”

Exactly.
You know what would fix Denver? A rookie QB like Bryce Young. Denver can use their Top 5 pick on him and develop him. Instead Seattle will possibly do it for them.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:44 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
You know what would fix Denver? A rookie QB like Bryce Young. Denver can use their Top 5 pick on him and develop him. Instead Seattle will possibly do it for them.
Oh that wouldn’t fix Dungver at all. What it would do is create a TON of animosity and anger from EmbaRuss and his people vs the Dungkeys organization. EmbaRuss bitched to the team when they were looking at Mahomes and Allen. Not only is he a complete EmbaRussment, but he’s also very petty and a crybaby. He sits in his private office at Dung Valley, and doesn’t high knees repeating “ I’m the best there is…. I’m the best there is…. I’m the best there is”
[Reply]
tredadda 07:05 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Oh that wouldn’t fix Dungver at all. What it would do is create a TON of animosity and anger from EmbaRuss and his people vs the Dungkeys organization. EmbaRuss bitched to the team when they were looking at Mahomes and Allen. Not only is he a complete EmbaRussment, but he’s also very petty and a crybaby. He sits in his private office at Dung Valley, and doesn’t high knees repeating “ I’m the best there is…. I’m the best there is…. I’m the best there is”
No doubt and I fully agree. It’s more implying that Denver had that pick meaning they never traded for Mr Unlimited. Since they did, they are stuck and Seattle will get a potential franchise QB while Denver has many more years of misery.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:29 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
No doubt and I fully agree. It’s more implying that Denver had that pick meaning they never traded for Mr Unlimited. Since they did, they are stuck and Seattle will get a potential franchise QB while Denver has many more years of misery.

[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 12:11 AM 11-27-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Anyone want more Q Joe Greatest Hits?

:-) :-) :-) :-)
:-):-):-):-)
looks like the NFL is doing a pretty good job then
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 02:15 PM 11-27-2022
Did Paul Allen pay Russ to tank
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:16 PM 11-27-2022
:-) Denver got scored on by Darnold log rolling into the end zone.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 02:17 PM 11-27-2022
The Broncos must be right up there with some of the most pathetic offenses in NFL history.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:21 PM 11-27-2022
Checking in to see how the Broncos look against the Panthers in a Super Bowl rematch (and possible preview).
[Reply]
Page 3650 of 4804
« First < 2650315035503600364036463647364836493650 365136523653365436603700375041504650 > Last »
Up