ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 357 of 382
« First < 257307347353354355356357 358359360361367 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 06:48 PM 11-25-2022
Stopped by Bine & Vine for some BCS... nope, they don't sell "Anheuser-Busch products", lol. They thought Bottlecraft was independent only, too. Stopped by a Total Wine and they had some reeruned "can't sell single bottle" law? :-) They only had 4 packs of the original.

They referred me to a Total Wine ~10 miles away... and was able to grab a couple coffee, biscotti, and whatever the other one is called. JFC, didn't think SD would be so hard core about picking up BCS; haven't had to hunt for it in years. :-)

Needed something to drink while those chill, B&V had a couple Boulevard singles (Blvd hasn't quite gotten me to trust a 4 pack stout purchase from them yet).

S'more is really good! I'd definitely buy that one again. Heavy with a good marshmallow-y flavor to it. Maple Mood was similar to Maplewood in that it's too sugary (and that's saying something for me!).... it's not maple syrupy at all, it's like drinking a heavy stout with a half cup of sugar added to the bottle.

[Reply]
phisherman 08:50 PM 11-25-2022
Spent an hour or so at the Side Project Cellar today. Had some Derivation 16, Double Barrel Derivation Mizunara and Double Barrel Derivation Bourbon Port.

The 16 was amazeballs and so was the Mizunara. SP's BA stouts never cease to amaze.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:45 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Spent an hour or so at the Side Project Cellar today. Had some Derivation 16, Double Barrel Derivation Mizunara and Double Barrel Derivation Bourbon Port.

The 16 was amazeballs and so was the Mizunara. SP's BA stouts never cease to amaze.
One day... :-)

Someone told me of a place in LA with Side Project bottles a few weeks ago, but wasn't able to make it up there in time.
[Reply]
scho63 01:11 PM 11-26-2022
The weather is calling for some nice stouts. Think it's time for some exploration.

I'll try some flavored stuff like caramel, banana, vanilla, cinnamon, chocolate and coffee. Also will try some traditional stuff.

Fate's has King Sized Candy Bar back on the menu!

I had this last week and it was excellent. Not overpowered by the coffee.
========================

CUPPA JOE IMPERIAL MILK PORTER
$7.00/13OZ
Rich, smooth and roasty this imperial porter was brewed with lactose milk sugar and 20 pounds of freshly roasted coffee from the fine folks at Muletown Coffee Roasters. Intense notes of marshmallows, freshly roasted coffee beans and mocha. 8% ABV / 20 IBU
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:22 PM 11-26-2022
Tried BCS Coffee last night, happy it's back. Not the thickest/heaviest/diabetesest stout you'll drink, but it's very good at being a coffee stout.

BCS Biscotti with the 2nd half of OSU/Michigan... seems thin compared to even the Coffee; good flavor though. Not one of my favorites though.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:35 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
One day... :-)

Someone told me of a place in LA with Side Project bottles a few weeks ago, but wasn't able to make it up there in time.
I might know of a place a couple hours south of you :-)

Tried BCS Coffee last night, happy it's back. Not the thickest/heaviest/diabetesest stout you'll drink, but it's very good at being a coffee stout.
I sat out BCBS with the exception of Coffee which I ordered from Total Wine.

I was a bit surprised they stuck with Intelligentsia coffee due to the notorious "green pepper" flavors leading them to shelve the recipe but I have to say this is a smash hit. Best BCBS Coffee in years imo.

[Reply]
Bearcat 04:50 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I might know of a place a couple hours south of you :-)

I sat out BCBS with the exception of Coffee which I ordered from Total Wine.

I was a bit surprised they stuck with Intelligentsia coffee due to the notorious "green pepper" flavors leading them to shelve the recipe but I have to say this is a smash hit. Best BCBS Coffee in years imo.
I'll trade you a couple Fundamental Observations.... and some bonus beer for saving me from stepping foot in St. Louis.

Yeah, the coffee is easily the best of the 3 I've tried... did the fig earlier. It's good, but nothing special.
[Reply]
Womble 06:06 PM 11-26-2022
Enjoying a nice Cantillon lambic on the weekend.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:54 PM 11-27-2022
IIRC, regular BCS was $14 the other day and the variants were in the $23-25 range.

Just opened a regular and it's pretty damn good for $14.

Getting my A1C checked tomorrow.
[Reply]
Womble 06:50 PM 11-27-2022
Cracked open a cranberry and tangerine sour from Toronto brewery Bellwoods before the Canada game. Didn't help them much but it was an exceptional beer.

[Reply]
Bearcat 01:16 PM 12-11-2022
Wrapping up the SD stay... have tried a lot of new beer, but keep coming back to this place. And even including the Bruery and my beloved Bottle Logic in Anaheim last month, Modern Times has been the most consistently excellent in terms of stouts since I've been here.

Picked up these two yesterday, surprised they were available as even their to-go bottles are pretty limited if you're not member status or whatever they call it (and their distribution outside of CA is even sadder).

[Reply]
KCUnited 11:53 AM 12-14-2022
Just returned home from Chicago where I crammed an entire stout season into 3 days of gluttony. I also got to brew a beer at my old homebrew club. We did a collaboration hazy using a new yeast from Chicago's Omega Yeast and I brought some Sonoran white wheat as my component.

Anyway, got to try the majority of the BCBS lineup and have to say that outside their reserve barrels, their flavored variants were meh to bad. I don't even know what to say about the cocktail inspired Prop...banana, coconut, lime, and pineapple...ummm, yeah.

Revolution scratched the itch though and I've got 4 boxes of Rev Deep Woods cans on their way to my house *knocks on wood*

Other highlights were watching the Chiefs game at Fat Pour, which had the entire BCBS lineup on tap and best of all has become a fucking Broncos support bar (I had no idea, I guess its changed ownership).

I also got a chance to stop by the newly opened Hop Butcher For The World taproom, which is the former Half Acre original production brewery on Lincoln Ave. They didn't have anything crazy on tap but it was cool to finally drink their beers on tap and see their new place.

[Reply]
Bearcat 01:07 PM 12-14-2022
How much was the reserve barrel stuff? I saw a price tag on reddit one day that for like $67 :-)

But yeah, the BCBS distributed out here weren't amazing by any means... coffee is really good, but after my own gluttonous phase, I'd save those calories for a Modern Times or some other best of the best.

I see Cigar City in that tap lineup (*ominous foreshadowing music*).
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:32 PM 12-14-2022
How much was the reserve barrel stuff? I saw a price tag on reddit one day that for like $67 :-)

But yeah, the BCBS distributed out here weren't amazing by any means... coffee is really good, but after my own gluttonous phase, I'd save those calories for a Modern Times or some other best of the best.

I see Cigar City in that tap lineup (*ominous foreshadowing music*).
Hard to say on retail as I can only speak for Chicago where they're mostly sold as sets, but they shouldn't be over $40 for the most part. I think the double toasted barrel from 2021 was like $50 and that's the most I've seen for suggested retail. Every retailer marks up differently though.

Fatpour actually has a really good list for a sports bar. Its pretty cool to be able to drink BA stouts while watching Sunday Ticket.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:43 AM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by Womble:
Enjoying a nice Cantillon lambic on the weekend.
Lucky!
[Reply]
Page 357 of 382
« First < 257307347353354355356357 358359360361367 > Last »
Up