Rausch 11:33 AM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Easy. Pretend it didn’t happen.

Have Luke return and “fade in”
Have Snoke jump into a new clone body and proclaim himself Palpatine’s clone
Have Rey be the leader of the Force kids or Luke be her father
Have the resistance from the outer rim finally show up
Etc., etc., etc.

Whatever they do will be a lame band-aid necessitated by Rian Johnson’s terrible movie.
I'm not throwing stones I'm honestly asking. I know a ton of people who say "I want back in I just want Kennedy out and a return to what was before TLJ."

And I always ask "Ok, HOW would you do it?"

If it is pulled off that team deserves every award out there because they start off backed all the way into a corner. It'd be nearly impossible to back-track now...
[Reply]
bowener 01:08 PM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I'm not throwing stones I'm honestly asking. I know a ton of people who say "I want back in I just want Kennedy out and a return to what was before TLJ."

If it is pulled off that team deserves every award out there because they start off backed all the way into a corner. It'd be nearly impossible to back-track now...
Well, it is JJ Abrams, so we should all go ahead and get used to the idea of a third act redepmtion plot point ripoff.

I have no idea where they are going to go with this now, but I am assuming that they will make Ren into a near godlike Sith lord now- like Vader and the Emperor combined. This seems somewhat obvious to me when you consider everything that has been done so far. Vader's saber becomes Ren's weird-ass saber; Deathstar becomes Deathplanet; The Executor becomes The Supremacy. Super Shredder from TMNT2 would fit right into this movie and not seem out of place.

Obviously, Rey (of light in the darkness) wins against all odds; probably with the help of every force ghost ever... this includes all the murdered Jedi Younglings. Oh, and count on some kind of furry midget things or an entire Wookie planet.

The universe is broken, and they need to go backwards about 3000 years in time to give us some new untouched stories. 15 years or so from now they can redo the prequels.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:08 AM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Easy. Pretend it didn’t happen.

Have Luke return and “fade in”
Have Snoke jump into a new clone body and proclaim himself Palpatine’s clone
Have Rey be the leader of the Force kids or Luke be her father
Have the resistance from the outer rim finally show up
Etc., etc., etc.

Whatever they do will be a lame band-aid necessitated by Rian Johnson’s terrible movie.

Originally Posted by Rausch:

IMO......

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:46 PM 08-17-2018
McDiarmid as Palps without the force lightning scarring would be cool to see, tbqh.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:49 AM 08-27-2018
"Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, farm boy. Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova, and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't" - Han Solo

With this quote and the name Millennium Falcon a writer should be able to concoct a story arc that dictates time travel if you want to keep Rey and the connection of the original storyline to jump start the franchise for a course correct.

Though as stated before I'd rather have a clean reboot.
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:44 AM 08-27-2018
I probably won't be watching this in the theaters if at all.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:10 AM 08-27-2018
I just don't see then making any major changes that would erase #8. I think the Star Wars goose has been cooked.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:17 AM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I just don't see then making any major changes that would erase #8. I think the Star Wars goose has been cooked.
I've got it. Episode 8 was a force vision. Episode 9 picks up with Luke blinking and Rey handing him his lightsaber.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:19 AM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I've got it. Episode 8 was a force vision. Episode 9 picks up with Luke blinking and Rey handing him his lightsaber.
Or Rey wakes up on the Millennium Falcon and finds Luke taking a shower, then realizes it was all a bad dream. :-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:37 AM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Or Rey wakes up on the Millennium Falcon and finds Luke taking a shower, then realizes it was all a bad dream. :-)
Six of one, half dozen of the other. Someone's dream.

Could just start all over and have it be Rey's dream on the Falcon before she even meets Luke. So we can have a better response than just tossing the light saber over a cliff.
[Reply]
PmCakes 08:34 AM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
They for sure ruined a good franchise.
[Reply]
Donger 08:22 AM 08-27-2018
What was wrong with the last one? I thought it was entertaining.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:35 AM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by Donger:
What was wrong with the last one? I thought it was entertaining.
So much wrong with it, IMO. Just to start...

[Reply]
Donger 08:43 AM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
So much wrong with it, IMO. Just to start...
  • Porgs
  • Slowest space chase ever
  • Light speed through a Destroyer
  • Leia's space walkabout
  • Snoke
  • Rey's parentage
  • Rose's suicide mission to stop Finn's suicide mission
  • Luke Facetiming the final battle
Oh. I suppose I should pay closer attention.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:51 AM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by Donger:
Oh. I suppose I should pay closer attention.
Nah. If you liked it, you liked it. No judgment from me. I did not, for the reasons I listed and others. I put TLJ just one spot from the bottom of SW movies (above Attack of the Clones).
[Reply]
Page 5 of 44
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up