ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Burrow and Herbert extension cost
The Franchise 12:37 PM 01-25-2023

Expectation around the league is for Justin Herbert’s (and Joe Burrow’s) contract extension(s) to surpass the $50.3 million AAV currently held by Aaron Rodgers as QB1 on the market, per ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler.

— Guilty As Charged Podcast (@GACPodcast17) January 24, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:06 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I would like to see if he can do it when he is “The Guy”. Will he be able to produce when defenses game plan to stop him or will he be a JJSS.
JJSS has a secondary skill set. He's not fast, not terribly agile.

He's a good technician with limited burst who's physical after the catch. Higgins won't be that guy.

But he might be someone like Davis who just got to the Jets and realized he was happier getting paid like a #1 than he was doing the work to get his body ready to BE a #1.

And there's just no way to know if that will happen until after the ink has dried.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:13 PM 01-25-2023
If Higgins goes somewhere with a Qb he'll probably make a decent #1.

Anywhere w/o a Qb and he'll be Kenny Golladay.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:14 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Herbert has zero “it” factor.
But he absolutely has tons of “zit” factor!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:24 PM 01-25-2023
Precisely why I said that Pat's contract would be a bargain the instant it was signed, regardless of how much he got. Everybody else is going to have to pay QBs after that and they're going to be paying MORE for LESS.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:07 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I still feel like this is nothing more than a convenient excuse for owners who just want to be cheap. And really, the Bengals have demonstrated a willingness to spend the last few years.

There's more than enough franchise equity in the Bengals for Mike Brown to get a loan if he needs to.
Says the guy not cutting the check :-)

Seriously though, I agree. However, remember this is the same motherfucker that traded Carson Palmer in his prime and dumped Chad Johnson (although I think they paid him)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:16 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Says the guy not cutting the check :-)

Seriously though, I agree. However, remember this is the same mother****er that traded Carson Palmer in his prime and dumped Chad Johnson (although I think they paid him)
And refused to hire scouts or pay his cheerleaders. And for umpteen years wouldn’t hire major front office personnel guys. Have always hated cheapskate owners. I don’t care if he doesn’t have other revenue streams. He can spend more money but chooses not to. He’s gotten lightning in a bottle with several years of “free” talent. Will be extremely interesting to see if his stripes change once the bill comes due. Maybe his daughter is different which is likely a reason you see a lot of the mentality shift in that organization.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:21 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
And refused to hire scouts or pay his cheerleaders. And for umpteen years wouldn’t hire major front office personnel guys. Have always hated cheapskate owners. I don’t care if he doesn’t have other revenue streams. He can spend more money but chooses not to. He’s gotten lightning in a bottle with several years of “free” talent. Will be extremely interesting to see if his stripes change once the bill comes due. Maybe his daughter is different which is likely a reason you see a lot of the mentality shift in that organization.
Burrow is the best QB that franchise ever had. If he’s too cheap to pay him what he is worth then that franchise deserves the ridicule it will get. I think he pays Burrow though as Joe will bring in more money than he costs over the length of the contract.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:23 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Higgins is a guy that goes elsewhere, gets paid to be the alpha, and just ends up not being it.
Higgins is really fucking good. He balled out when Chase was out. 4 games, 36 targets, 26 receptions, 371 yds, 2 TDs

Over 17 games that comes out to

153 targets, 110 receptions, 1577 yds, 8 Tds

He's gonna go and be a competent 1 somewhere.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:32 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
LOL I didn't know about the scouts and cheerleaders and shit. I do remember Marvin Lewis was working for like minimum wage or some shit.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:34 PM 01-25-2023
Burrow is the best QB that franchise ever had. If he’s too cheap to pay him what he is worth then that franchise deserves the ridicule it will get. I think he pays Burrow though as Joe will bring in more money than he costs over the length of the contract.
He absolutely should pay Burrow whatever he wants.

But Carson Palmer was the best QB since Boomer, and they had finally emerged from the cellar. So he shipped him to Chokeland out of spite and went back into the cellar.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:37 PM 01-25-2023
Honestly the Ravens week 18 game and playoff game against the Bengals are evidence of why Baltimore will have a hard time moving on from Jackson. They were bad on offense with Brown and Huntley under center against a division rival.

Starting over when Pittsburgh has a promising QB and could be improved next year, a talented Browns team that should be better with Watson having an off-season in that offense, and a very talented Bengals team with the 2nd best QB in football won’t go over well. They almost have to sign Jackson long term and he won’t be cheap as he also possesses a league MVP.
In fairness, they had 380 yards in the wild card round with Huntley, the Bengals had 234.
[Reply]
Bump 07:39 PM 01-25-2023
Burrow is a league above Herbert. Herbert has no playoff wins but they can have themselves another phillip rivers that puts up stats in the regular season but never wins anything significant.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:39 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I personally think teams need to say goodbye to the Lamar Jackson's, the Justin Herberts and the Mac Jones' of the world instead of signing them to big money. Start the 5 year period over again and try again. Herbert is the only quarterback that I'd have some questions not paying, for Lamar, Mac, etc see ya! If you didn't do it while you were cheap, you aren't going to do it while you're expensive, not with your current team anyway. Everyone gets wrapped up in the talent, but I don't think Lamar has the mental makeup of a Super Bowl winning QB, just like Kyler Murray, just like Dak Prescott, but there's always those teams that give us something to laugh at.
So what do you think about Aaron Rodgers? Just curious - he wants $50 mill
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:47 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Stryker:
So what do you think about Aaron Rodgers? Just curious - he wants $50 mill
He said he's open to restructure after the pack said they'd trade him to the afc.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:40 PM 01-26-2023
Bengals have this year and next year and then it’s gonna get damn hard for them.

They’re losing Jessie Bates after this year. Vonn Bell and Germaine Pratt are both starters and are FA’s too.

But look at their FA list after next season:

Jonah Williams
Tee Higgins
Joe Mixon
Logan Wilson
DJ Reader
Tyler Boyd
Hakeem Adeniji-he’s been a good spot starter
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up