ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Hurts and Jefferson are the MVP Finalists
JustDíqLix 10:19 AM 01-25-2023
Mahomes will obviously win as he should.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...mvp-finalists/
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:06 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Unpopular opinion- I would absolutely love to see Justin Jefferson win it with a QB who isn’t even in the conversation.
You'd rather JJ win MVP over Mahomes? Why?

He'll win OPOY and he should be happy with that.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:35 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Unpopular opinion- I would absolutely love to see Justin Jefferson win it with a QB who isn’t even in the conversation.
That really is an unpopular opinion.

I wouldn't mind seeing him place a very distant second, though.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 09:39 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by JustDiqLix:
Mahomes will obviously win as he should.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...mvp-finalists/
I don't see how this thread is even necessary. It's a one man race.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 09:42 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I like you lot a helluva lot more than those Cincy pricks
Eat **** pie, queer!
[Reply]
Raiderhater 10:08 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
Fuck them both!
Basically, this. But, I have a lot of caveats that lead more towards fuck Buffalo. And make no mistake, we have just enough of a history with Cincy (beyond just the past year) that those fucks can pound sand. But…

I’m just one of those people, who dating back to childhood, has always disliked Buffalo. From the ‘93 AFCCG loss to them (which I admit is a faint memory but, a memory none the less), to one or two other semi-high profile losses (prime time games if my memory is at all serving me correctly), to what’s his ass laying that cheap shot on Berry, to this years bullshit of refusing to finish a game and getting rules changed in their favor over a player who is alive… No, fuck them.

I don’t even get the appreciation and empathy for their fans. These morons are throwing themselves into tables… it’s not cool, it’s not funny beyond a sadistic POV… It’s fucking STUPID. And yet, some of you want to try and play kindred spirits with these inbred, injury hopeful four time SB losers. I. Just. Don’t. Get. It. That franchise and their fan base are fucking terrible and should be ridiculed, not sought out as sports fans soul mates.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 10:12 PM 01-25-2023
I’ll also add that in terms of the fans, unless I have completely missed it, we haven’t been overrun with Bengals’ fans like we have the douche canoe Bills’ fans.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:26 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Eat **** pie, queer!
In another world, in another place, we could be friends and allies. For this week, though, we regretfully find ourselves on the opposite sides of a polarizing AFC conflict.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:03 PM 01-25-2023
Has a team ever had an MVP and DPOTY award winners in the same year? I can't remember the Chiefs ever having a DPOTY candidate.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:36 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Has a team ever had an MVP and DPOTY award winners in the same year? I can't remember the Chiefs ever having a DPOTY candidate.
Justin Houston? Neil Smith? Derrick Thomas?
[Reply]
Fish 11:42 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Justin Houston? Neil Smith? Derrick Thomas?
DT came up 2nd place in voting one year. Smith and Houston, no.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:44 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
Houston kinda didn't come in 2nd on a technicality, though.

The year he was a goddamn monster just happened to be the year that JJ Watt won the award unanimously. And since there were no split votes, nobody technically 'came in 2nd'.

But I think the consensus was that Houston was the clear #2 defensive player in the league that year. He truly was a wrecking ball.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:55 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
Smith came in 3rd in 1995 and 5th in 1993. I’d say that qualifies as a DPOY candidate.

And like DJLN already said, Houston was basically the best defensive player in the NFL in 2014 not named JJ Watt. I’d also say that qualifies as a candidate.
[Reply]
Fish 12:00 AM 01-26-2023
OK, you guys are right I missed the "Candidate" designation and was just thinking we haven't had a DPOY #1 winner in as long as I can remember. DT's 2nd place was the closet I could think of.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up