ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What the hell happened to Mecole Hardman?!
Oh Snap 12:20 PM 01-24-2023
Did he have a hernia or something? He had stomach issues and was placed on IR. Anyone hear of any updates on him?
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:00 PM 01-25-2023
If he was a more reliable pass catcher I'd probably care a little bit more about his absence.

He's a fine gadget player, not saying he can't be effective and he has speed you can't coach...I just wish he had better hands and was capable of being a consistent #2WR, which I don't think he's able to be that guy.

Hardman probably saw the writing on the wall the moment Toney was dealt here.
[Reply]
MahomesIsTheMVP 08:03 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Mecole being ready would be ****ing amazing.
I miss his jet sweeps.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:09 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Man I had hope for this kid, but the best ability is availability.

This is Eric Berry/Priest Holmes style day-to-day.
Hopefully it isn’t Berry bad. Didn’t know Haglunds was a thing or existed until him.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:11 PM 01-25-2023
Bwillie and como teaming up to mentally reerun rape this thread means hardmans going for 9/200/3
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:12 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
Skyy Moore got LIT the fuck up on two Jet Sweeps.

He is looking less and less versatile than ever. Can't catch punts, can't do jet sweeps.

Just another receiver.
He looks clueless on the jet sweeps. It's like he isn't sure when to cut up field, and isn't sure exactly how to follow his blockers. And he doesn't seem to have any sort of moves to elude tacklers.

And that isn't surprising considering he seems to struggle with the playbook and running the correct routes.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
oldman 11:55 PM 01-25-2023
I'm a little disappointed with Moore's progress, but he's from a non-NFL football factory. Let's give him the off season to fully digest the playbook. Hardman is one of those guys that people remember as better than what he is when he's not playing. After 4 years he still doesn't run a consistent route. His hands aren't anything exceptional either.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 03:11 AM 01-26-2023
KC drafting WRs is not Denver bad at drafting QBs. Not far off though so hopes should not be anything outrageous
[Reply]
CupidStunt 05:54 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
If he was a more reliable pass catcher I'd probably care a little bit more about his absence.

He's a fine gadget player, not saying he can't be effective and he has speed you can't coach...I just wish he had better hands and was capable of being a consistent #2WR, which I don't think he's able to be that guy.

I don't care about the big picture right now. In a singular game, Hardman can be a BIG boost to the offense. Especially with Toney in the fold.

Hell, even if they just sent him and MVS on deep routes, that's gonna clear a TON of room for Kelce, Juju and Toney underneath.

I'm fucking excited to have him back, and I'm no Hardman fanboy by a long shot.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 05:55 AM 01-26-2023

[Reply]
TEX 06:07 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
I don't care about the big picture right now. In a singular game, Hardman can be a BIG boost to the offense. Especially with Toney in the fold.

Hell, even if they just sent him and MVS on deep routes, that's gonna clear a TON of room for Kelce, Juju and Toney underneath.

I'm ****ing excited to have him back, and I'm no Hardman fanboy by a long shot.
Exactly.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:58 AM 01-26-2023
You guys forgetting that he hit Hardman for 44yds on a go route in the last AFCCG?

Wouldn’t mind seeing something like that to him instead of Watson. Or at a minimum have another speed guy beside MVS to keep the Bengals honest.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:03 AM 01-26-2023
Still LP afaik. I do wonder if they'll actually have him run those gimmick plays considering he'll be absorbing a ton of contact on those or if they'll try for more downfield plays only.
[Reply]
In58men 07:17 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
You guys forgetting that he hit Hardman for 44yds on a go route in the last AFCCG?

Wouldn’t mind seeing something like that to him instead of Watson. Or at a minimum have another speed guy beside MVS to keep the Bengals honest.
Not gonna lie, I wanna see Watson. I want people to see the players Mahomes is throwing too. Like, “damn Mahomes is really going to win by throwing to somebody named Justin Watson?!?!”
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:56 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Still LP afaik. I do wonder if they'll actually have him run those gimmick plays considering he'll be absorbing a ton of contact on those or if they'll try for more downfield plays only.
Sunday may be his last game in a Chiefs uniform. I don't know why we'd give a shit about him absorbing contact at this point.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:59 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:

This is a false narrative

2019 41 target 1 drop

2020 62 target 8 drop

2021 83 target 2 drop

2022 34 target 1 drop.

2020 didn't do him any favors maybe that's where you perceive he isn't reliable but he has come in clutch for us time and again. Look at the pass in back of the endzone agains the Saints it doesn't get more clutch than that. Now go look how many drops Tyreek has had.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up