ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Roll call: who’s going to the AFCCG at Arrowhead?
BigRedChief 12:01 PM 01-23-2023
I have my tickets. Section 114 Row 5 by the tunnels.
Got the gold pass.

I’ve seen Mahomes play in person 4 times. Won every one. I’m bringing the winning fan mojo to kick some Bengal ass.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:47 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by 007:

I'm in
Miss you bro.

Bring it home.
[Reply]
Boiled Chicken 05:42 AM 01-26-2023
Will be there!!!
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 07:54 AM 01-26-2023
In, as always.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 11:14 AM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by RocKhawks:
Staying at the Best Western across from the Stadium. Originally had reservations for the extended stay but that was a bit further away.

I plan on going to Q39, and Joe's. Not sure if I have time to do more exploring. Also, looking for a place to tailgate Sunday!
I'll be staying next door at Taco Bell or the BP gas Station! :-)
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 12:19 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Hell, I've read that people will listen to AFCCGs/SBs on the radio because they're so superstitious, or will switch from TV to radio because they're losing, or won't watch at all.

Suffer as a fan for decades just to talk yourself out of fully enjoying this glorious era of Chiefs football over stupid shit that doesn't matter. :-)
I listen on the radio because I prefer Mitch over 90% of the national talking heads, but since the internet feed is always behind the TV feed, there's no way to synch the two together.

Plus, listening instead of watching our defense is easier on my stomach. *grin*

Admittedly, nothing takes the place of watching in person, but that's another story. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:25 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan:
I listen on the radio because I prefer Mitch over 90% of the national talking heads, but since the internet feed is always behind the TV feed, there's no way to synch the two together.

Admittedly, nothing takes the place of watching in person, but that's another story. :-)
That does suck about the fall of cable... I used to listen to the radio while watching on cable, and it was so much better.

I guess with radio being ahead, TV acts as a replay. :-)
[Reply]
DQCHIEF 12:35 PM 01-26-2023
I will be there screaming Defense!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:02 PM 01-26-2023
you could pause your TV :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:08 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
you could pause your TV :-)
Must be watching on an over the air antenna.

Because my Youtube TV feed is a solid 5 seconds behind radio more often than not.

I have to turn alerts off during gametime because Youtube is just damn slow.
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 01:19 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
That does suck about the fall of cable... I used to listen to the radio while watching on cable, and it was so much better.

I guess with radio being ahead, TV acts as a replay. :-)
Actually the radio is generally 5-10 seconds behind the TV.

I listen to the games via the Chiefs Radio network on the internet. Started doing it mostly because they don't carry Chiefs games in Central MD if we're not the national game (stupid Commanders/Ravens fans wanting to watch their teams . . . pffft.).

Guess it's more of a habit by now than anything.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:55 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Must be watching on an over the air antenna.

Because my Youtube TV feed is a solid 5 seconds behind radio more often than not.

I have to turn alerts off during gametime because Youtube is just damn slow.
Yep.

I've wondered if the ACTUAL radio broadcast is faster than the 106.5 internet stream, but the internet steam is always about a minute or so behind the OTA TV broadcast.

I can't stand not knowing what's going on in the game as soon as it happens though, so I typically just mute the radio and leave it recording all game, and ocasionally waltz into the office during a break so I can hear Holthus screaming at the top of his lungs. :-)
[Reply]
C-Mac 01:56 PM 01-26-2023

I have my ritual where I DVR the game, switch to watching the recording once started, then sync with the Chiefs live radio internet(delayed) feed by pausing or forwarding. Ultimate at-home game experience.
[Reply]
stevieray 02:03 PM 01-26-2023

:-)
I listen to Mitch every game out on my porch, come inside for replays.
[Reply]
007 03:20 PM 01-26-2023
Let's stay on topic shall we. I want to know who is going.
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:26 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by 007:
Let's stay on topic shall we. I want to know who is going.
I'm not going
[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up