ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones-another playoff game with 0 sacks
scho63 09:57 PM 01-21-2023
I'm trying to make sense how our supposed best OL player still has not had one fucking sack in all his playoff games.

Is it that everyone blocks him and no one else is making plays?

Is he overrated and doesn't deliver in the big games?

Does he get so hyped up that he burns out?

What the fuck?

He didn't block a pass, make a sack, and had 1 single tackle. I repeat, one single tackle.

What the hell am I missing? :-)
[Reply]
Otter 08:56 AM 01-22-2023
How good do you think Frank Clark would have been yesterday w/o the presence of Chris Jones?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:19 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Chris jones is good. Really really really good .

Cannot believe he’s renotely in the conversation
What? How could you or anyone else not realize what this is all about?

This is about a player that has 0 career playoff sacks. That is going to ask for a top contract, if not to be the highest paid at his position.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:30 AM 01-22-2023
He's saving it for the most opportune time.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 09:35 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I noticed they lined Jones up on the edge numerous times. Most of the times I saw him in that position, he got singled and blocked fairly easily. I'm not sure why we did that. That experiment didn't work when we tried it in the past. I guess they were just doing anything to get him away from double teams?
Thank you for saying this. Maybe stats say otherwise, but from the naked eye, Jones seems to get much more pressure and attention from the inside.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:35 AM 01-22-2023
You know who else didn’t get any sacks yesterday? Everyone on Jacksonville to include trade deadline favorite Josh Allen against our LT and RT who are both not good. They couldn’t sack Henne or a hobbled Mahomes. Brown Jr is a huge reason for Mahomes injury. I guarantee Jags fans would trade zero sacks for an AFCCG berth.

I swear this team has won more playoff games under Mahomes and Reid since 2018 than any time in the history of this franchise. We are tied for second all time in consecutive AFCCG appearances, a favorite to win next week (pending Mahomes health). Yet despite that there are still people who have to find room to complain. Do you think Jones sandbags it in the playoffs? If not, what else are you expecting?

Go read the Broncos thread if you want to see what we could be doing right now.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:38 AM 01-22-2023
Why isn't Burton more like Sausage
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:40 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Who cares?
I care. So do other fans.

Originally Posted by :
He allows everything else to happen by virtue of his presence.

Cope^. And you can’t prove that anyway. His “presence” gets steamrolled most playoff games. And prob will next week too if he doesn’t get off his ass
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:44 AM 01-22-2023
Eh, I’m not upset or anything, but I do find this to be a strange statistical anomaly.

Guy’s good for 8-16 sacks every regular season. He’s got nearly an entire season’s worth of postseason games played and not a single sack recorded.

More than anything it’s just weird.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:04 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I care. So do other fans.

Cope^. And you can’t prove that anyway. His “presence” gets steamrolled most playoff games. And prob will next week too if he doesn’t get off his ass
I hear Chris Jones' lack of sacks in the playoffs was influenced when his public school took a field trip to a synagogue on Holocaust Remembrance Day
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:06 AM 01-22-2023
Its a contract year and he's having a career year, so I have no reason to believe he was sandbagging yesterday

What seems clear is that Pederson and co decided to make neutralizing him their highest offensive priority... Jonesy affects the game simply by being constantly doubled
[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:08 AM 01-22-2023
Works his ass off. Gets a lot of attention from other teams. Frees up other rushers. Statistical anomaly will end soon. He good!
[Reply]
MahomesIsTheMVP 10:09 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Works his ass off. Gets a lot of attention from other teams. Frees up other rushers. Statistical anomaly will end soon. He good!
Still such a crazy stat.
[Reply]
hometeam 10:14 AM 01-22-2023
He was out there disrupting. He was the god damn dpoy, what is peoples fucking deal
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:22 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Dumb play concept called in his weakest area, redzone, surrendering a td.

Can't think of anything more inexcusable at the moment, but hey Chris don't worry about sacking the qb doesn't seem like too much of a leap here.
[Reply]
TEX 10:33 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by hometeam:
He was out there disrupting. He was the god damn dpoy, what is peoples ****ing deal
Exactly. He wrecked shit all day.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up