ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones-another playoff game with 0 sacks
scho63 09:57 PM 01-21-2023
I'm trying to make sense how our supposed best OL player still has not had one fucking sack in all his playoff games.

Is it that everyone blocks him and no one else is making plays?

Is he overrated and doesn't deliver in the big games?

Does he get so hyped up that he burns out?

What the fuck?

He didn't block a pass, make a sack, and had 1 single tackle. I repeat, one single tackle.

What the hell am I missing? :-)
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:45 AM 01-22-2023
This can lead to never good enough disease. AVOID this plague like a Taco John under the back of the toilet seat cam
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:29 AM 01-22-2023
Chris jones is good and played well.

Stats are overrated.

Period.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:29 AM 01-22-2023
Chris jones is good and played well.

Stats are overrated.

Period.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:35 AM 01-22-2023
We won, the defense played well, Jones is occupying double teams much of the time, and Jones affects the game in many ways without recording sacks.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:45 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Really well ??? Nah, if Pederson hadn't come down with "Kyle 'I abandon the run at the wrong time' Shanahan syndrome" in the 2nd half I'm not so sure we win today because they gashed us on almost every run play today.
And how long would it have taken them to grind out a TD drive just running the ball? At that point, 7 minutes left and down by 10, they don't have time for that shit. The were NOT playing with a lead, which is when you run the ball. They were playing from a 2 score deficit, knowing that a FG or a TD STILL puts the ball back in the hands of the Chiefs. If they had kept running, there is as good a chance that they get a score with hardly any time on the clock and having to give the ball back to the Chiefs. Death by 1000 cuts with the running game only works when you DON'T need 2 scores.

Settle the fuck down. The defense played complimentary to the offense, which is how you win games, and win championships.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:47 AM 01-22-2023
I don’t give a shit if the steak continues all the way to another Lombardi Trophy. Some of you obsess over stupid shit. Jones played well yesterday and allowed Clark and others to make plays by blowing up the pocket.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:51 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I don’t give a shit if the steak continues all the way to another Lombardi Trophy. Some of you obsess over stupid shit. Jones played well yesterday and allowed Clark and others to make plays by blowing up the pocket.
Here come the homers. Getting mad because someone makes a post stating the truth.

Calm the fuck down. This isn't 'all posts have to be positive Planet' it's ChiefsPlanet. We are here to talk about the good and bad.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:12 AM 01-22-2023
This. Without him everything gets way harder for everyone else.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 08:14 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Man that reminds me of how our transcendental quarterback got his leg put into a meat grinder and wasn't 100% the rest of the game. Seems like that not happening would have changed the game, too, but what do I know?
Or OR the 3 times they had Trevor Lawrence interceptions slip through the bricks. Why not talk about that?

”Because, I assure you..”

Bunch a fucking clowns.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:16 AM 01-22-2023
To a large extent the Jags beat themselves. Dropped bomb that would have put them in the red zone. Contact free fumble at the three yard line. I’ll take it, but there were key unforced errors.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:21 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Here come the homers. Getting mad because someone makes a post stating the truth.

Calm the **** down. This isn't 'all posts have to be positive Planet' it's ChiefsPlanet. We are here to talk about the good and bad.
Only an idiot thinks a specific stat line like number of sacks is what determines Jones contributions to the defense in specific games. If Jones has 1 sack in the game yesterday does that change the outcome or the opinion of the people who obsess over this shit?

I'm not a homer I'm simply not a moron.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:24 AM 01-22-2023
Only an idiot thinks a specific stat line like number of sacks is what determines Jones contributions to the defense in specific games. If Jones has 1 sack in the game yesterday does that change the outcome or the opinion of the people who obsess over this shit?

I'm not a homer I'm simply not a moron.
Oh please if Chris Jones played for the Bills you'd be talking plenty of shit about how he has no sacks in the playoffs.

I'm not talking about any one specific game I'm just saying overall 13 playoff games and no sacks for someone as good as Chris Jones is a little strange. If you want to live in fantasy land and think it isn't - hey be my guest.
[Reply]
lcarus 08:25 AM 01-22-2023
I noticed they lined Jones up on the edge numerous times. Most of the times I saw him in that position, he got singled and blocked fairly easily. I'm not sure why we did that. That experiment didn't work when we tried it in the past. I guess they were just doing anything to get him away from double teams?
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:31 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Oh please if Chris Jones played for the Bills you'd be talking plenty of shit about how he has no sacks in the playoffs.

I'm not talking about any one specific game I'm just saying overall 13 playoff games and no sacks for someone as good as Chris Jones is a little strange. If you want to live in fantasy land and think it isn't - hey be my guest.
It is strange but that's all it is. You get it now?
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:51 AM 01-22-2023
The guy said himself in his press conference that "its not a priority" when asked about 0 playoff sacks.

We can tell bruh. You almost have to try to not get a sack in this many opportunities.

But hey, clearly Chris Jones is prioritizing other things in the playoff games besides getting the qb on the ground, and thus we know why he has no playoff sacks.

If he's being asked by Spags to do other things, you gotta wonder about that. But it isn't like he's not had qbs in his grasp and just stepped on his dick instead of putting them on the ground. He's had chances, even IF this wierd scenario where the best pass rushing dt in football no longer sees sacks as a priority is to be believed.

I'd believe about anything though after seeing Karlaftis covering Christian Kirk.

Spags may be doing more shitting in his hands and clapping than coming up with coherent playcalls backed up against our goal line.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:55 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:

But hey, clearly Chris Jones is prioritizing other things in the playoff games besides getting the qb on the ground, and thus we know why he has no playoff sacks.

I'd believe about anything though after seeing Karlaftis covering Christian Kirk.

[Reply]
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up