ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones-another playoff game with 0 sacks
scho63 09:57 PM 01-21-2023
I'm trying to make sense how our supposed best OL player still has not had one fucking sack in all his playoff games.

Is it that everyone blocks him and no one else is making plays?

Is he overrated and doesn't deliver in the big games?

Does he get so hyped up that he burns out?

What the fuck?

He didn't block a pass, make a sack, and had 1 single tackle. I repeat, one single tackle.

What the hell am I missing? :-)
[Reply]
Bob Dole 11:55 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Sometimes I wish I could kick people here in the balls.
And now you now why I stepped away...
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:57 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
Yes but it's not just a TD, it makes the game that much tighter and a momentum shift.
It's not even a for sure TD if he catches it and it's definitely not a ball that is caught every time. Hell I bet that catch is made <50% of the time. Also momentum has so little effect on a game and shouldn't they have had momentum since they were able to kick a FG before half and kept it at a 1 possession game?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:58 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Who cares?

Should we give Clark his contract because he showed out today?

He allows everything else to happen by virtue of his presence.
No just have Frank sit out the year then make him a playoff offer :-)
[Reply]
Bob Dole 12:01 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
if he is getting double or triple teamed then that says alot about our other DL who can’t get sacks.
CAN'T GET SACKS!!!

/doesntknowhowtoread
[Reply]
scho63 12:05 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Man that reminds me of how our transcendental quarterback got his leg put into a meat grinder and wasn't 100% the rest of the game. Seems like that not happening would have changed the game, too, but what do I know?
No doubt but that has nothing to do with Chris Jones and his sackless playoffs.
[Reply]
scho63 12:08 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Sometimes I wish I could kick people here in the balls.
Can you be more specific? :-)
[Reply]
jerryaldini 12:18 AM 01-22-2023
Did Williams play today?
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:18 AM 01-22-2023
Guys, Chris played 82% of all defensive snaps for the season. We were using him up kinda quick. Add to that the obvious fact that Pederson made sure that Chris was at least double-teamed on every passing snap, and on a few rushing snaps as well.

But the silver lining to CJ getting so much attention was that Derrick "Mack Truck" Nnadi got a free run at Trevor for what I think was his first playoff sack. If it wasn't , it had to be his fastest one; I'm pretty sure he broke double-digit MPH. And Saunders got a free run as well. And you know those two didn't have to beat a block to get back there so fast. Credit Chris for putting blinders on that OL a few times. Worked nicely.

CJ is going to be fine in this playoffs. He's going to get at least 5 sacks this time. He's just warming up.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:19 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Did Williams play today?
Yeah, he was out there a few times.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:21 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
Can you be more specific? :-)
testicles
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:50 AM 01-22-2023
He'd get a sack if we had an edge rusher that would take extra attention away from Jones. Edge rusher should be our top draft pick unless we don't resign Brown.

Others like the Greek need to step it up so Jones isn't double teamed every play.

Fucking Naing got a sack. That fat boy could run fast if he's not blocked.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:03 AM 01-22-2023
Actually, he had several pressures, and nearly had a couple sacks; one he almost had Trevor in his grasp, but Lawrence pulled away (he's a big kid), and the other he was right there, but Trevor got the ball off just a step before CJ got there.

He didn't have a big day statistically, but he was productive. They all were, tbh. But CJ drew most of the attention.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 04:37 AM 01-22-2023
I'm pretty sure he was the one chasing Lawrence back into the sack where Clark spun inside to bring him down
[Reply]
kccrow 05:00 AM 01-22-2023
Chris was doubled-teamed for a good portion of the game and still generated quite a bit of pressure, which set up his teammates for sacks. It's really not rocket surgery here. Hell, there were plays he was triple-teamed. The Jags were clear about forcing KC's other rushers to make plays. I actually thought Chris played well, sans a few runs where he completely rushed himself out of the lane.

I'm most upset that we don't have a LB capable of coverage underneath and our safeties are way too slow to react coming up to tackle on short dumps.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:21 AM 01-22-2023
The guy has 0 sacks in 13 playoff games... Embarrassing a player as good as him can't get 1 sack in all those games...

But hey Chiefs won yesterday w a gimpy Mahomes and the D played great. It was a good day overall.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up