ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones-another playoff game with 0 sacks
scho63 09:57 PM 01-21-2023
I'm trying to make sense how our supposed best OL player still has not had one fucking sack in all his playoff games.

Is it that everyone blocks him and no one else is making plays?

Is he overrated and doesn't deliver in the big games?

Does he get so hyped up that he burns out?

What the fuck?

He didn't block a pass, make a sack, and had 1 single tackle. I repeat, one single tackle.

What the hell am I missing? :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:14 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Really well ??? Nah, if Pederson hadn't come down with "Kyle 'I abandon the run at the wrong time' Shanahan syndrome" in the 2nd half I'm not so sure we win today because they gashed us on almost every run play today.
And what did that get them? Our offense clearly wasn't itself, the ST weren't great, and we STILL weren't really threatened. It's not that difficult to ascertain why.
[Reply]
Bump 11:17 PM 01-21-2023
regular season it's Chris Jones time. Playoffs it's Frank Clark time.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:21 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
And what did that get them? Our offense clearly wasn't itself, the ST weren't great, and we STILL weren't really threatened. It's not that difficult to ascertain why.
We were threatened IF they stayed with the run I assure you. We NEVER stopped their run all day. But because Pederson trusted Trevor's arm more Trevor showed why he still is not quite there yet for playoff prime time hence last week's 4 picks in the first half that were made out by the sports press as just a fluke because Trevor had finally graduated beyond that now with Pederson buying into that narrative and why he abandoned the run.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 11:23 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
He occupies 2-3 O-lineman all game long today. That can be as good as a multi-sack day.
if he is getting double or triple teamed then that says alot about our other DL who can’t get sacks.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:27 PM 01-21-2023
We were threatened IF they stayed with the run I assure you. We NEVER stopped their run all day. But because Pederson trusted Trevor's arm more Trevor showed why he still is not quite there yet for playoff prime time hence last week's 4 picks in the first half that were made out by the sports press as just a fluke because Trevor had finally graduated beyond that now with Pederson buying into that narrative and why he abandoned the run.
It really doesn't matter what you assure anyone of. The playoffs are win or go home. Jacksonville emptied their clip in an effort to give them the best chance to win the game. Our defense assured played a pivotal role in assuring that they COULDN'T win.

Pederson is a great coach. Them not winning wasn't because Pederson doesn't know what he's doing.

In your mind, did Andy F up not running Pacheco every single down, given that he averaged ~8 ypc and Pat had a bum wheel?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:27 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
if he is getting double or triple teamed then that says alot about our other DL who can’t get sacks.
What were their assignments on each pass rep? I'm legitimately curious.
[Reply]
scho63 11:33 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
The defense held the other team to 20 points. One TD happened because ST's sucked on kick off coverage. They gave up a FG with :39 seconds left when we were up 10 points and they had no timeouts, so garbage time score. They also came up huge with a fumble recovery and an interception. We might have lost if not for the defense.
Their WR dropped a sure TD that would have changed the game. He had two steps on our DB and safety.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:34 PM 01-21-2023
Really well ??? Nah, if Pederson hadn't come down with "Kyle 'I abandon the run at the wrong time' Shanahan syndrome" in the 2nd half I'm not so sure we win today because they gashed us on almost every run play today.
Huh? They abandoned the run?

2nd half drives for Jax

1st drive 7 plays 4 rushes

2nd drive 6 plays 1 rush

Chiefs go up 20-10

3rd drive 8 plays 4 rushes Jax scores 20-17

Chiefs match score and go up 27-17 with 7 min left. This is where Jax "abandons" the run and it was smart for them to stop running because KC just had back to back TD drives. Burning the clock with a long time consuming drive could possibly end the game with KC running out the clock. They don't score on this drive, but not rushing the ball had nothing to do with it. They drove down the field passing it and the defense came up big, caused a fumble, and recovered that fumble.

After they lost the fumble and we're down 2 scores they couldn't rush the ball and hope to have any time left.

The defense played damn good.
[Reply]
scho63 11:34 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Why would we talk about this right now, good grief :-)
Because it has been a big topic of discussion and guys want to trade him.

Once again he had zero sacks so it is note worthy at a minimum.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:43 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
Their WR dropped a sure TD that would have changed the game. He had two steps on our DB and safety.
Are you talking about Kirk who dropped a pass that he was driving for and his body hit at the 10? They scored a FG, so at best they have 4 more points and we still win.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:45 PM 01-21-2023
Yall are reaching for things that just aren't there
[Reply]
DaFace 11:47 PM 01-21-2023
Sometimes I wish I could kick people here in the balls.
[Reply]
scho63 11:47 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Are you talking about Kirk who dropped a pass that he was driving for and his body hit at the 10? They scored a FG, so at best they have 4 more points and we still win.
Yes but it's not just a TD, it makes the game that much tighter and a momentum shift.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:50 PM 01-21-2023
Chris jones is good. Really really really good .

Cannot believe he’s renotely in the conversation
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:50 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
Man that reminds me of how our transcendental quarterback got his leg put into a meat grinder and wasn't 100% the rest of the game. Seems like that not happening would have changed the game, too, but what do I know?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up