ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Jones-another playoff game with 0 sacks
scho63 09:57 PM 01-21-2023
I'm trying to make sense how our supposed best OL player still has not had one fucking sack in all his playoff games.

Is it that everyone blocks him and no one else is making plays?

Is he overrated and doesn't deliver in the big games?

Does he get so hyped up that he burns out?

What the fuck?

He didn't block a pass, make a sack, and had 1 single tackle. I repeat, one single tackle.

What the hell am I missing? :-)
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:10 PM 01-21-2023
It’s the playoffs and very few flags are going to fly. I absolutely believe Pedersen had great knowledge of our defensive sets and designed a few things to counter. CJ pressured a few times got close another couple.

Winners play on.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:11 PM 01-21-2023
Jones did a nice job during the coin toss- never heard from him again after that.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:11 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
He occupies 2-3 O-lineman all game long today. That can be as good as a multi-sack day.
Exactly !! People who never played the game usually don't have good football eyes and there are many on this board and you have to be patient and educate them but it seems to never take though.:-)
[Reply]
scho63 10:53 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I seriously think some people think we should keep Frank Clark and cut (or at least trade) Chris Jones next year.
Not me! :-)
[Reply]
scho63 11:01 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I think you're missing that we won and the defense played really well.
Yes we won, defense had its moments. Need to up their game by a lot for the next opponent.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 11:02 PM 01-21-2023
Man who fucking gives a shit
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:05 PM 01-21-2023
It's simple, he's double teamed pretty much every passing play and being double teamed as a DT is way harder to beat than being doubled as an edge rusher is. When an edge is double teamed it's the tackle and then either a TE or RB to help. Chris Jones has to deal with the guard and the center and sometimes gets a RB to chip him for good measure. He's the only reason why our other guys rushing the passer get 1 on 1 matchups.
[Reply]
scho63 11:08 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Man who fucking gives a shit
Everyone but you douchenozzle. :-)
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 11:09 PM 01-21-2023
And yet Clark is a post season beast
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:10 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
the defense played really well.
Really well ??? Nah, if Pederson hadn't come down with "Kyle 'I abandon the run at the wrong time' Shanahan syndrome" in the 2nd half I'm not so sure we win today because they gashed us on almost every run play today.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:11 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
Yes we won, defense had its moments. Need to up their game by a lot for the next opponent.
The defense held the other team to 20 points. One TD happened because ST's sucked on kick off coverage. They gave up a FG with :39 seconds left when we were up 10 points and they had no timeouts, so garbage time score. They also came up huge with a fumble recovery and an interception. We might have lost if not for the defense.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:11 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
It's simple, he's double teamed pretty much every passing play and being double teamed as a DT is way harder to beat than being doubled as an edge rusher is. When an edge is double teamed it's the tackle and then either a TE or RB to help. Chris Jones has to deal with the guard and the center and sometimes gets a RB to chip him for good measure. He's the only reason why our other guys rushing the passer get 1 on 1 matchups.
Exactly. As I noted in another thread, our guys don't pass rush in a vacuum; each guy has his assignment and we tend to play them pretty well. It sometimes seems that Chief Fans assume each guy just pins his ears back and throws moves (wherever they may take him) in an effort to get to the QB.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:12 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
And yet Clark is a post season beast
Thank CJ for that:-)
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:12 PM 01-21-2023
I'll have to go by and look, but I'm pretty sure that the Nnadi sack happened because they doubled Jones and allowed him a free shot right up the middle. So, if it makes you feel better, you can credit Jones with half of that sack.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:13 PM 01-21-2023
Why would we talk about this right now, good grief :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up