ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 80
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes Injury Updates Thread
Chiefspants 04:51 PM 01-21-2023
Figured it would be more ideal to give this its own thread than the Jaguars gamethread.

Unspoiler to see the first two updates

Spoiler!

UPDATE 3: Courtesy of King - High Ankle Sprain Confirmed

MRI today confirmed that Chiefs’ QB Patrick Mahomes suffered a high ankle sprain during Saturday’s win over the Jaguars, per league source. “Nothing more than that,” said one source, and Mahomes has said he plans to play in next Sunday’s AFC Championship Game.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 22, 2023

UPDATE 4: Got asked to add this report from Arrowhead Pride to the OP: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/...chiefs-presser
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:25 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
And he plays for my favorite football team.

I could cry. I will never, ever take it for granted.
:-)

When he went out with an injury, it felt like one of my own kids got hurt. I didn't even think about the Chief's season impact, I just wanted him to be okay. My friend had a co-worker sitting in a suite. The rumor was-Mahomes had a fractured Tibia- his season was over. It was a gut punch.

Then he comes out of the locker room, throws his coat off like Superman, and wins the game for us. Amazing!
[Reply]
nychief 05:19 AM 01-22-2023
High ankle? Ugh.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:29 AM 01-22-2023
What an amazing performance by Mahomes. I can only imagine the amount of pain he was in.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:28 AM 01-22-2023
He was Stretch Armstrong, the Rubber Band Man, Mr Bill. He and Travis were Gumby and Pokey. Bend them, twist them, tie up warm bread in plastic sleeve with their bodies.
MVP
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 06:35 AM 01-22-2023
Lord I pray for Patrick Mahomes ankle. Please heal him, remove his pain, and give the doctors the wisdom of how to proceed with rehabilitation. Amen.
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 01-22-2023, 06:37 AM
This message has been deleted by JustDíqLix.
PAChiefsGuy 06:57 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
It was bad enough he sat out for a long drive and then he hopped on one leg for a first down?

I'm expecting him to play and I'll be pleasantly surprised to see him have any more mobility than old man Brady.
Agreed. There's no way in hell he will be able to do much if it is truly a high-ankle sprain.

My concern is if he does play, his instincts take over for a play here and there. You saw it on the one play yesterday when he tried scrambling a little and clearly shouldn't have been.

Also, I'm not a doctor but I'd assume if he takes one bad hit to that knee it could seriously damage it long-term. I just hope the Chiefs are smart here. Mahomes is a very competitive person. Don't let him play if he shouldn't. Sometimes you have to protect players from themselves. Henne is capable.

That said, from what I heard so far everything seems like Mahomes will be good to go. Have to wait and see.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:12 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by JustDiqLix:
Put Mac Jones out for a month. From what i’ve read, the pain gets worse the next day, so he’s likely feeling it bad right now.
It's time for you to leave now. Mods?
[Reply]
Bob Dole 07:35 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
I'm shocked we are at 15!! Thought for sure we would be at mid-twenties.:-)
I think before the game they showed us 2nd in the league in sacks.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:38 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
It's time for you to leave now. Mods?
It’s often a multi-week injury, there’s nothing false there.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:41 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
It’s often a multi-week injury, there’s nothing false there.
Yeah, we all know that. We don't need a bills troll here to remind us. He needs to read the situation and exit.
[Reply]
493rd 07:44 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Agreed. There's no way in hell he will be able to do much if it is truly a high-ankle sprain.

My concern is if he does play, his instincts take over for a play here and there. You saw it on the one play yesterday when he tried scrambling a little and clearly shouldn't have been.

Also, I'm not a doctor but I'd assume if he takes one bad hit to that knee it could seriously damage it long-term. I just hope the Chiefs are smart here. Mahomes is a very competitive person. Don't let him play if he shouldn't. Sometimes you have to protect players from themselves. Henne is capable.

That said, from what I heard so far everything seems like Mahomes will be good to go. Have to wait and see.
Yup. My guess is that he’ll be dealing with significant swelling this week along with plenty of pain. The truth of the matter is that Mahomes shouldn’t be playing if his injury is what’s being reported. His long term health is far more important and it fucking blows to acknowledge it, given that once again we’re in the AFCCG. I feel so bad for him because he’s such a warrior, but Andy has to do what’s right here and I trust he will. We need a miracle.
[Reply]
Balto 08:18 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by 493rd:
Yup. My guess is that he’ll be dealing with significant swelling this week along with plenty of pain. The truth of the matter is that Mahomes shouldn’t be playing if his injury is what’s being reported. His long term health is far more important and it ****ing blows to acknowledge it, given that once again we’re in the AFCCG. I feel so bad for him because he’s such a warrior, but Andy has to do what’s right here and I trust he will. We need a miracle.
I see about a 0% chance Reid doesn’t let him play. It will take the training staff to force this one.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:29 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:
Enter all the guys who once has an ankle sprain giving us their stories.
This one time, at band camp.........
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:33 AM 01-22-2023
Pretty much dependant on what the MRI shows. If the ligaments are already badly damaged then yeah, playing on it has the possibility of making that ankle unstable going forward.
[Reply]
SupDock 08:34 AM 01-22-2023
Mac Jones missed 3 games
Daniel Jones didn’t miss any
Baker Mayfield missed 2 games
Ryan Tannehill missed 1 game then Reinjured
Trevor Lawrence had a mild one and don’t miss time

I think he will be limited, but might be feeling pretty good by the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 80
« First < 45678 91011121858 > Last »
Up