ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 75 of 80
« First < 25657172737475 76777879 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes Injury Updates Thread
Chiefspants 04:51 PM 01-21-2023
Figured it would be more ideal to give this its own thread than the Jaguars gamethread.

Unspoiler to see the first two updates

Spoiler!

UPDATE 3: Courtesy of King - High Ankle Sprain Confirmed

MRI today confirmed that Chiefs’ QB Patrick Mahomes suffered a high ankle sprain during Saturday’s win over the Jaguars, per league source. “Nothing more than that,” said one source, and Mahomes has said he plans to play in next Sunday’s AFC Championship Game.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 22, 2023

UPDATE 4: Got asked to add this report from Arrowhead Pride to the OP: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/...chiefs-presser
[Reply]
Eleazar 04:28 PM 01-26-2023
Yeah, it's a good sign but I don't want to see him taking any further damage to that leg, and you know the Bengals are going to be gunning for it.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 04:47 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Yeah, it's a good sign but I don't want to see him taking any further damage to that leg, and you know the Bengals are going to be gunning for it.
What’s the alternative? It’s the AFC Championship game, he’s playing and if his leg falls off then so be it. This isn’t week 12 and we need to get him healthy for the playoffs.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:08 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by xztop123:
Damn a lot of really crappy posts in this thread. Would rather to just see concrete updates
This you, sweetheart?

Originally Posted by xztop123:
Why does Spags insist on 280 pound defensive ends in a 4-3 when he likes to zone blitz and drop ends into coverage every now and then is the question.

Maybe stand down a bit on playing post police...
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:19 PM 01-26-2023
Did someone....just say....the Chiefs weren't supposed to be in this game and are surprised about it??? The fuck is wrong with you guys? If Mahomes is healthy enough, I have the same attitude as every week. I expect to win.
[Reply]
KCJake 05:27 PM 01-26-2023
What the hell are you saving him for??? It's the AFC Championship for heck sakes !!!!!
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:33 PM 01-26-2023
If anybody with the Chiefs thought that was a big risk, he wouldn't play.

He wouldn't have played last week.

Why don't you just relax and trust this team to do their jobs? It's not like they haven't proven themselves over and over and over.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:34 PM 01-26-2023
BREAKING NEWS

Patrick Mahomes is NOT injured! He's 100% healthy.

He was FAKING it all along!

/Bengals fans on Twitter

:-)
[Reply]
FlaChief58 05:37 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
BREAKING NEWS

Patrick Mahomes is NOT injured! He's 100% healthy.

He was FAKING it all along!

/Bengals fans on Twitter

:-)
The science shows us that every time you eat skyline chilli, you lose 5 IQ points
[Reply]
njchiefs 05:48 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Yes. Yes i have.
That is pretty funny what you did there.
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:03 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Pat already jogs so awkwardly when he is healthy that its hard to tell anything from him jogging around in practice other than there appears to be no limp.
I remember the days watching Willie Roaf walk wondering if this is a person that should be drawing disability only to watch him on Sunday being one of the best offensive lineman in the league.
[Reply]
kc rush 08:13 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
I think Brady will end up being a likeable tv character as opposed to the despised player he was on the field similiar to Manning. He doesn't come off as arrogant when I hear him talk. Gronk is the same way. Goofy and a likeable dude you could go to the bar and have a beer with.
Manning and Brady can both fuck off.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 08:20 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
I remember the days watching Willie Roaf walk wondering if this is a person that should be drawing disability only to watch him on Sunday being one of the best offensive lineman in the league.
Dude was a good guy and a man mountain. I met him up at River Falls and can’t imagine being across the line from him.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 08:21 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
And yes Roaf walked like he was one legged.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:47 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by CapsLockKey:
If you are going to bother putting anyone other than Mahomes at QB in 3rd and 1 you'd be better off with McKinnon, not Henne. He was a college QB so may be alright for a trick play here and there.
Reid said that McKinnon would be the emergency QB if Henne had gotten injured.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 08:58 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Pat already jogs so awkwardly when he is healthy that its hard to tell anything from him jogging around in practice other than there appears to be no limp.
I agree but all these clips don't mean manure. These drills are going through the motions. There is no true game speed type practice drills here whatsoever to make an accurate analysis and that is for a reason. I truly believe they haven't tested Pat yet on any kind of game speed twisted torque type plays on the ankle(whether roll outs or drop backs). And they probably won't until Saturday if not Sunday(game day) to see where he is really at in this healing process.

An excellent Gorilla Duct Tape job, cortisone(if applicable) and AFC Championship adrenaline, along with a Fort Knox o-line type play is all Pat will need to avoid any pain.:-)
[Reply]
Page 75 of 80
« First < 25657172737475 76777879 > Last »
Up